SWGAide v0.7.33 Beta

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Hellbound
Novice Crafter

Post by Hellbound » Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:23 am

I'm a little confused with the button "Submit from "res.txt" to SWGCraft". I hit the "3 and 4" one expecting to be able to hit the "Submit "rest.txt" one but nothing happens. I hit "3 and 4" and nothing happens. I cant hit any other button. So I'm a little confused here..lmao

Belisama
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Belisama » Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:05 am

Zimoon wrote:No, but my first reaction is, did you drop the new version over the old version? I mean, did you put it in the very same directory as the old one?
I did that... Was that wrong ? :roll:

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:24 am

Hellbound wrote:I'm a little confused with the button "Submit from "res.txt" to SWGCraft". I hit the "3 and 4" one expecting to be able to hit the "Submit "rest.txt" one but nothing happens. I hit "3 and 4" and nothing happens. I cant hit any other button. So I'm a little confused here..lmao
That button is disabled, right? And the help text is quite clear on why. Did you press F1 to get up the help text? :)

Please bear with me that I still have not had time to add that feature. The difference between v0.6.3 and 0.6.4 is what I stated in my announcement-post a few posts above, no more. It took a lot more time to fix the support-for-multiple reports than I had anticipated as it involved quite a few multithreading and GUI issues.
Belisama wrote:
Zimoon wrote:No, but my first reaction is, did you drop the new version over the old version? I mean, did you put it in the very same directory as the old one?
I did that... Was that wrong ?
Ooh no, that was correct. You should replace the old SWGAide.jar with the new one.

This makes me a lot confused. The only reason for not seeing any mails that you know that you know you have is that it is dropped at the wrong place.

Can you please verify that the new JAR file is dropped in the folder where you can see other folders named "album", "mails", "temp", etc. There should also be the file "SWGAide.DAT".

But if you did not drop it in the correct folder then you should have met the initialization screens as if it had never been installed, did you?

/Zimoon

EDITED: I read your first post once again and see you only mention "Trade mails", do you see all other mails then? If so, have you possibly clicked "Archive" at some earlier points? Then you can get those back at any time, please go to the Trade tab and see the Help screen, using F1.

Belisama
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Belisama » Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:17 pm

Zimoon wrote:This makes me a lot confused. The only reason for not seeing any mails that you know that you know you have is that it is dropped at the wrong place.
Seems so...
Zimoon wrote:But if you did not drop it in the correct folder then you should have met the initialization screens as if it had never been installed, did you?
Yup, got that and did it...
So i guess i put it at the wrong spot... :oops:
Zimoon wrote:EDITED: I read your first post once again and see you only mention "Trade mails", do you see all other mails then? If so, have you possibly clicked "Archive" at some earlier points? Then you can get those back at any time, please go to the Trade tab and see the Help screen, using F1.

Nope, i don' see any stuff. but i care about the trademails most.
I wrote that shen i just saved the gmails to write my "thanks for purchase" mails... ;)

EDIT:
Strange: I started the tool again and the gmails where there. I checked the versionsnumber and its 0.6.4 .. I don't have to understand it, don't I?

Best
beli

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:58 pm

Beli,
if you did the installation once again there are a few possibilities

1) You dropped the JAR file at the wrong location which started a new installation
2) The SWGAide.DAT file was erased so SWGAide did a reinstalltion
3) Something really screwed up but I cannot see what since I have not touched installation/update for many, many weeks

You can use the Windows File Explorer to see if it looks like you have two (or more) installations. If so, each should have an SWGAide.DAT file plus those folders "album", "mails", "logs", etc. If so, you can simply, in the Explorer, drag all mails from one location to the location you want. Easiest should be to drag from the new location to the old since the new should not have much to move, right?

I am glad it resolved itself, if I interpret the last paragraph right. I am really puzzled and if there is anything, whatever, the slightest thing I can do or change I will do that. But then I need to understand what went wrong.

PS. You've got mail at your IRL mail account :)

/Zimoon

maninspace
Intermediate Crafter

Post by maninspace » Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:58 pm

Zimoon,
I just want to tell you, that this update is great...
I have just checked all planets for flora resources... everything in one res-file... just need to enter it in the notepad... hard work IG but just great...

Is it the right way, just to copy and paste the contents between the swgcraft_begin and _end into the "add resources" at swg-craft?
Is there anything similar to this at swgcraft.co.uk?

So, in my eyes: full 10 points for 0.6.4! :D
SWG/DE Chronicle Master Correspondent

Europe-Farstar:
Horman Sheridan, Ta-awe Ifofa, Sahoo Arej, Anke Strassburg
Starsider:
Horman Sheridan, Hormon Sheridan

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Fri Dec 28, 2007 6:18 pm

maninspace wrote:...Is it the right way, just to copy and paste the contents between the swgcraft_begin and _end into the "add resources" at swg-craft?
Is there anything similar to this at swgcraft.co.uk?

So, in my eyes: full 10 points for 0.6.4!
Thanks Man In Space ;)

Yes, this site has exactly the same feature to paste blocks of resources for each planet at a time. As with the old site, at the bottom of each planet page in the Current Resources view.

I don't know if it would be a good idea to have the same input feature at the Add Resources page too? Double presence makes it double as good :D

What did you think of the help blurb in the res.txt file, is it clear enough? As usual, the coder always gets kind of blind folded in his/her own territorial.

/Zimoon

maninspace
Intermediate Crafter

Post by maninspace » Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:46 pm

Oh, I looked at the wrong place then... I looked in "Add Resources" instead of "Current Resources"...

The Help Blurb was exactly what I was looking for the last time :D
I think you should highlight "Current Resource" a bit more, as the destination for the copy and past action... but it shows the format and you should delete the "**"-thing, if you have to enter the stats anyway... (if I understood this right!

Zimoon, SWGAide is on the right way :D
SWG/DE Chronicle Master Correspondent

Europe-Farstar:
Horman Sheridan, Ta-awe Ifofa, Sahoo Arej, Anke Strassburg
Starsider:
Horman Sheridan, Hormon Sheridan

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:59 pm

I will stress the Current Resource thing then, great, thx.
/Z

Belisama
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Belisama » Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:18 am

Hoi :)
Zimoon wrote:You can use the Windows File Explorer to see if it looks like you have two (or more) installations. ...
i have one installation. No idea why it installed again - but now it works. So: now i don't care anymore ;)
About the RL Mail: My hubby got a old so the next few days he will be not able to look at it. After that he possible would like it. I will return to you when he feels better & have time, ok ? :)

best
beli

Lektopa
Novice Crafter

Post by Lektopa » Sat Dec 29, 2007 3:20 pm

Great tool. I have one question: Submit res.txt does not seem to be working. Is that true, or am I missing something?

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:06 pm

True, the button is also disabled and it is documented in both the res.txt file at the bottom of it (once you have saved one) and in the help files (F1) and in the announcements posts above. Next time I add a button yet to be implemented I think I will add a popup to it that says "TODO" ;)

How to do at the moment, which is not bad, is read in the res.txt and in the help file. It involves some copy and paste between SWGAide and this site.

Next major upgrade will have this feature added, the button will initiate reading from file and automatically upload data to SWGCraft. I walk slowly not to add stupid bugs plus I don't have unlimited time IRL. I wish I had.

/Z

Lektopa
Novice Crafter

Post by Lektopa » Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:01 pm

Completely understandable, I didn't think to check the help doc or the announcement. I read through the res.txt file and didn't notice anything about that in particular, but I was skimming. Good work.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:55 pm

Lektopa wrote:... the res.txt file and didn't notice anything about that in particular...
You are right, I guess I had it my head but it never realized :oops:

/Zimoon

Hellbound
Novice Crafter

Re: SWGAide v0.6.4 BETA

Post by Hellbound » Mon Dec 31, 2007 7:24 am

I'm getting an error when trying to verify my user name/password. In turn, not letting me report the depleted resources. Did something change?