SWGAide v0.7.33 Beta

Moderator: Forum Moderator

maninspace
Intermediate Crafter
Posts: 137
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:47 pm
Location: Kiel, Germany

Re: SWGAide v0.7.30 Beta

Post by maninspace » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:31 am

Hi Zimoon,
just a small idea - and not really trader relavant...
what would you think about the possibility to note down the WPs of your harvester and (thats the reason I was thinking about that) you houses. Just a reminder, where you put them up :mrgreen:

Greetings, have nice estern!
SWG/DE Chronicle Master Correspondent

Europe-Farstar:
Horman Sheridan, Ta-awe Ifofa, Sahoo Arej, Anke Strassburg
Starsider:
Horman Sheridan, Hormon Sheridan

Zimoon
Forum Moderator
Posts: 4817
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 6:55 am
Location: Stockholm, SE
Contact:

Re: SWGAide v0.7.30 Beta

Post by Zimoon » Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:23 pm

maninspace wrote:Hi Zimoon,
just a small idea - and not really trader relavant...
what would you think about the possibility to note down the WPs of your harvester and (thats the reason I was thinking about that) you houses. Just a reminder, where you put them up :mrgreen:

Greetings, have nice estern!
Aside from using a mail to self, or using a notes file for it? Elaborate on it, please.

/Zimoon

User avatar
panino76
Intermediate Crafter
Posts: 184
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 1:26 pm
Location: Italy

Re: SWGAide v0.7.30 Beta

Post by panino76 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:07 pm

Zimoon wrote:
maninspace wrote:Hi Zimoon,
just a small idea - and not really trader relavant...
what would you think about the possibility to note down the WPs of your harvester and (thats the reason I was thinking about that) you houses. Just a reminder, where you put them up :mrgreen:

Greetings, have nice estern!
Aside from using a mail to self, or using a notes file for it? Elaborate on it, please.

/Zimoon
maybe he just wants a panel with a grid and some columns, something like [Harvester;WP;Resource Extracted;Maintenance Expire Day;Power Expire Day;....]

Artax Wavingwalker
__________________________________________
The NEW Jenner and Fooman Tool

maninspace
Intermediate Crafter
Posts: 137
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:47 pm
Location: Kiel, Germany

Re: SWGAide v0.7.30 Beta

Post by maninspace » Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:16 pm

Ups,
Zimoon, you are right - forgot the possibility of using the notepad for this.
When thinking about that I really had something in front of my eyes, almost like panino said. Nothing really complicated (as I hope :lol: ), was just thinking about a panel - no calculations or something like that... but maybe that may be a point for the future... nothing to hurry for ;)
SWG/DE Chronicle Master Correspondent

Europe-Farstar:
Horman Sheridan, Ta-awe Ifofa, Sahoo Arej, Anke Strassburg
Starsider:
Horman Sheridan, Hormon Sheridan

Tech Twin
Intermediate Crafter
Posts: 147
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:50 pm

Re: SWGAide v0.7.30 Beta

Post by Tech Twin » Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:52 pm

Zimoon wrote:
Tech Twin wrote:Interesting little bug I just discovered. When a harvester's hopper hits the 90% threshold, the alarm sounds just fine. But the yellow marker highlights the incorrect shows the correct hopper volume. It highlights the correct "status" field but not the correct "hopper" field. This time it marked the resource above.
I am sorry, it can be me not being native English and I do not want to be rude, but I do not understand what you are saying, other than that something is wrong. Can you repeat in short sentences, please, or maybe a small screenshot. Meanwhile I will see how it looks like at my side. BTW, how many active harvies do you have?

/Zimoon

Not a problem; I just reread my post and it didn't make much sense to me either, lol.

I currently have 12 harvesters that I'm tracking. Yesterday, one of the hoppers hit the 90% threshold. The "status" field for the correct harvester highlighted yellow. The "Hopper" field for the harvester above the correct harvester also highlighted yellow.

So, Harvester 3, "Status" field goes yellow (and I think the text changes, can't remember) but on harvester 2 the "Hopper" field goes yellow.

This happened again with a different harvester today. I didn't get a screenshot but I'll look to get one next time.
Image

The Namasoon Zoo as featured on Garva's "Home Show"; Nostalgia from SWG of Old!

Zimoon
Forum Moderator
Posts: 4817
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 6:55 am
Location: Stockholm, SE
Contact:

Re: SWGAide v0.7.30 Beta

Post by Zimoon » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:28 pm

Tech Twin wrote:...

I currently have 12 harvesters that I'm tracking. Yesterday, one of the hoppers hit the 90% threshold. The "status" field for the correct harvester highlighted yellow. The "Hopper" field for the harvester above the correct harvester also highlighted yellow.

So, Harvester 3, "Status" field goes yellow (and I think the text changes, can't remember) but on harvester 2 the "Hopper" field goes yellow.

This happened again with a different harvester today. I didn't get a screenshot but I'll look to get one next time.
I think I know what is wrong but need to look into it since I did not write that code myself. Probably the row numbers must be converted to the view if you need to scroll such a long list. I do believe that you do not see this issue with less entries so you do not have to scroll the list, correct?

Personally I use only one entry per location and character but then I must edit the total amount by hand, I do that when the resource despawns. Thus I do not have that many harvesters at the list so I have not run into that bug. Whatever, I will try to fix this bug soonish.

While at it. How many think it is a good idea to add a field at the "edit harvester" where you can state how many harvesters you have at one location? Assuming they are all the same BER, maintenance, power, and roughly at the same concentration --- the exact amount will differ in the end anyway. Such an option would multiply the amount for one entry with the number you say you have at that location. Consider it a cluster of harvesters in just one entry at the list.

Zimoon

Tech Twin
Intermediate Crafter
Posts: 147
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:50 pm

Re: SWGAide v0.7.30 Beta

Post by Tech Twin » Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:45 am

I don't need to scroll. I could do as you suggest and use one entry per location; my initial response to everything is be extremely detail orientated. But I think your method is more practical since the unknown factions in the concentration force us to manually update the inventory anyway.

I do like your idea of the new field for "# of Harvesters at Location." I think that would be a great addition.

I've had another occurrence of the issue today but this time it choose the harvester below. Screenie is attached. I had to eliminate the names of a couple toons to protect their innocence, lol.

Well, it most certainly has something to do with the ability to sort via the columns. The highlighting on the "Hopper" field stays on the same line when sorting from any of the columns. The data of course changes as a result of the sort but the highlight marker doesn't.

Question: What does the purple highlighting represent?
Attachments
harvester bug.JPG
harvester bug.JPG (103.67 KiB) Viewed 8271 times
Image

The Namasoon Zoo as featured on Garva's "Home Show"; Nostalgia from SWG of Old!

User avatar
panino76
Intermediate Crafter
Posts: 184
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 1:26 pm
Location: Italy

Re: SWGAide v0.7.30 Beta

Post by panino76 » Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:48 am

(Out of topic) Hey Zim, you playing on chimaera? That was a surprise for me....(no, I don't spy you, it happens that you've put your flora near mine ones :D)

Artax Wavingwalker
__________________________________________
The NEW Jenner and Fooman Tool

Zimoon
Forum Moderator
Posts: 4817
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 6:55 am
Location: Stockholm, SE
Contact:

Re: SWGAide v0.7.30 Beta

Post by Zimoon » Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:44 am

panino76 wrote:(Out of topic) Hey Zim, you playing on chimaera? That was a surprise for me....(no, I don't spy you, it happens that you've put your flora near mine ones :D)
Yeah, transferred 3 toons from Gorath to my friends at Chim in last Dec/Jan. Sucking up Tat Tubers, are you? :)

Zimoon
Forum Moderator
Posts: 4817
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 6:55 am
Location: Stockholm, SE
Contact:

Re: SWGAide v0.7.30 Beta

Post by Zimoon » Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:48 am

Tech Twin wrote:I don't need to scroll.
That can also happen when you sort a column, which you have done in this case. My assumption holds for that too. So if you do not need to scroll and you do not sort any column, then this would not happen, rigt?
...
Question: What does the purple highlighting represent?
Honestly, I do not know, but I can have a look later on, in the code :)
/Zimoon

User avatar
panino76
Intermediate Crafter
Posts: 184
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 1:26 pm
Location: Italy

Re: SWGAide v0.7.30 Beta

Post by panino76 » Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:08 pm

Zimoon wrote:
panino76 wrote:(Out of topic) Hey Zim, you playing on chimaera? That was a surprise for me....(no, I don't spy you, it happens that you've put your flora near mine ones :D)
Yeah, transferred 3 toons from Gorath to my friends at Chim in last Dec/Jan. Sucking up Tat Tubers, are you? :)
Yeah, best spawn so far :D

Artax Wavingwalker
__________________________________________
The NEW Jenner and Fooman Tool

Tech Twin
Intermediate Crafter
Posts: 147
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:50 pm

Re: SWGAide v0.7.30 Beta

Post by Tech Twin » Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:22 pm

Zimoon wrote:So if you do not need to scroll and you do not sort any column, then this would not happen, rigt?

I'm not sure on this. I'm assuming I'd have to wait until I wiped all the current harvesters and replaced them. Then, not sort them. When I deactivate these I'll run a test with a 1% threshold or summich and see what happens.
Image

The Namasoon Zoo as featured on Garva's "Home Show"; Nostalgia from SWG of Old!

Zimoon
Forum Moderator
Posts: 4817
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 6:55 am
Location: Stockholm, SE
Contact:

Re: SWGAide v0.7.30 Beta

Post by Zimoon » Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:54 pm

Tech Twin wrote:
Zimoon wrote:So if you do not need to scroll and you do not sort any column, then this would not happen, rigt?
I'm not sure on this. I'm assuming I'd have to wait until I wiped all the current harvesters and replaced them. Then, not sort them. When I deactivate these I'll run a test with a 1% threshold or summich and see what happens.
Don't sweat it, of course it is a bug and I will fix it :)

I have spent today, besides barbecuing with family, finishing the back-end logic for schematics support. Next step is the GUI layer and the control layer it needs for handling stuff. Now I need some days polishing on numerous ideas on how to layout the GUI, that means "to think", so I will have some time finding this bug too :mrgreen:

/Zimoon

PS: I can easily reproduce this with just 2 or 3 entries by sorting the column. That confirms my first assumption. A fix will be included in a future version.

Workaround: Do not sort the columns, that is, do not clock any column header :)
There is no workaround if the number of entries exceeds the size of the visible area in the GUI.

User avatar
miller1003
I've been here for 30 days and all I get is this lousy rank?!?!
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:04 pm

Re: SWGAide v0.7.30 Beta

Post by miller1003 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:01 pm

Hi Zimoon!

I just wanted to express my gratitude for the work you have put into this utility. I am very impressed with it and everything it can do thus far. I can't wait to see the next release! Keep up the great work!

Bloodfin.Dirkus

Zimoon
Forum Moderator
Posts: 4817
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 6:55 am
Location: Stockholm, SE
Contact:

Re: SWGAide v0.7.30 Beta

Post by Zimoon » Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:37 am

Thanks,
Happily I am not alone though. SWGAide is open source and any Java skilled player is welcomed.

Remember it is still in beta and we are chasing a few elusive bugs. Random bugs are the worst kind but they will be found, squashed, harvested, and ... 8)

/Zimoon

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests