SWGAide v0.7.33 Beta

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Monty Burns
Master Crafter

Re: SWGAide v0.7.27 Beta

Post by Monty Burns » Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:11 am

Zimoon wrote:
Monty Burns wrote:
Zimoon wrote:Thanks, I am at work right now and will look into it more when I come home. And you are sure you have done nothing related to time settings in Windows?
/Z
I havent touched them in about 12 months.
Could you do a test for me, I have an idea. At SWGCraft (not through SWGAide), add a dummy resource at your usual galaxy (tell me the name for it and I will remove it as soon as possible) and let SWGAide download it for you the next update, which is always quarter to next hour. What time does it get in SWGAide.

At the same time, post me the name for some Sunrunner resource that seems to read correct to you.

I have some ideas but I am uncertain. Can it be so that you usually is the guy that updates SWGCraft for Sunrunner, but for some reason somebody else just did it? I believe you are about 13 hours before GMT, right? And if that has happened in the past it has happened 13 hours ago anyway and you have read it as a 1 hour or more, old resource.

Java should really use the correct time zone, and it does it for me, so I am a little confused why it does not for you. The stuff you posted before looks good, but ... perhaps ... I need to look into it.

Thanks for now
/Zimoon
Ok it is in there, I named it "Fakeresource" and it is a Bronzium Iron with all its stats at 100.

I will select Tribausi which is a Neutronium Steel and looks about right to me.

Well it finally showed up about two hours later and looks fine in SWGAide.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:46 am

Monty Burns wrote:Ok it is in there, I named it "Fakeresource" and it is a Bronzium Iron with all its stats at 100.

I will select Tribausi which is a Neutronium Steel and looks about right to me.

Well it finally showed up about two hours later and looks fine in SWGAide.
Thanks a bunch.

I will remove Fakeresource, it looks alright at my end too, both in SWGAide and at SWGCraft. right now 5 hours old. You say it looks alright in SWGAide, that is odd and kind of robs me from all ideas. Wonder if that was some random gremlin that played games with your before. I have went through all my ideas but cannot figure out what it could have been, not other than it seemed like you did see a resource 13 hours ahead of time.

I assume this was a one time issue, was it? That is since Tribausi looks fine to you.

The problem for me if it should be a consistent bug in SWGAide is that I live just one timezone away from UTC (GMT), the timestamp in the export file, so this would almost never happen to me :( However, I will have this in mind when I walk over the code in the future in an attempt to increase performance.

Two hours? Hmmm, unluckily you added the resource 1 minute past hour, that is 16 minutes past the recentmost export from SWGCraft, but it should have showed up at the next export, 44 minutes ahead. If it did not I am a little worried. Again, I have not seen this happen other than when I had some random Internet error (which happens since my ISP sucks), but then the next lookup usually gets it and SWGAide looks up every 10 or 15 minute (I don't remember the exact value ;)).

Should this problem continue I will have to prepare some kind of debug version for you, so, please, continue with your bug reports, I appreciate them and I welcome your feedback and help. You go well out of your way, which I commend :)

/Zimoon

Siymon
Novice Crafter

Post by Siymon » Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:14 am

I am just starting to use SWGAide. I have it currently working. Still importing all of my resources from Wanderhome into my char there so I can export them to my starsider account. Unless I am missing something, is there a way to determine if a new spawn is better than what you have currently in your inventory. In the old JFT (Jenner, Fooman, Sloejack) tool, there was a list to determine how a current spawn stacked up against what you currently have for your professions(s). Would tell you it was a % higher or lower than what you currently have. Maybe it is already something in there but if not could this be a possible future add?

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:37 am

Siymon wrote:I am just starting to use SWGAide. I have it currently working. Still importing all of my resources from Wanderhome into my char there so I can export them to my starsider account. Unless I am missing something, is there a way to determine if a new spawn is better than what you have currently in your inventory. In the old JFT (Jenner, Fooman, Sloejack) tool, there was a list to determine how a current spawn stacked up against what you currently have for your professions(s). Would tell you it was a % higher or lower than what you currently have. Maybe it is already something in there but if not could this be a possible future add?
Currently you would use "guards" for the resource class/experimentation-weighs/limit.

We are currently (slowly) working on a tab for schematics which will, when finished, have more support for what you ask for.

BTW, welcome to SWGCraft and congrats to your first post :D

/Zimoon

Belisama
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Belisama » Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:18 pm

Siymon wrote:I am just starting to use SWGAide. I have it currently working. Still importing all of my resources from Wanderhome into my char there so I can export them to my starsider account. Unless I am missing something, is there a way to determine if a new spawn is better than what you have currently in your inventory. In the old JFT (Jenner, Fooman, Sloejack) tool, there was a list to determine how a current spawn stacked up against what you currently have for your professions(s). Would tell you it was a % higher or lower than what you currently have. Maybe it is already something in there but if not could this be a possible future add?
hoi,

i just simply set filters (guards) for that. All resources (exept statless) i need have an own guard with details. If i want to know whats best for a certain item i check the guard for that resource... :)
Best
Bel
Your domestic trader at Starsider TOG Mall: Tat WP -5101 -3308
You have resource for sale ? Check the TOG Holonet Channel for my offer
In Memoriam for all BE

Belisama
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Belisama » Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:27 am

Hoi,

Question about the harvesting panel or better about the "ad to harvesting panel": When i enter a harvester i have to select the type of the harvester (chemical, mineral...)

When i want to add a resource to the harvester panel - why do i get *all* harvesters ? Why not only the one where it fit? At the moment i can select that i harvest this great flora with that mineral harvester...

When i i try to add a flora i espected to get only the flora harvesters as selection. And for the chemicals only chemical harvesters (just remember: radioactive can be harvested with minerals and fusions).

Would that be difficult to add ?

Best
Bel
In Memoriam for all BE

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:05 pm

Belisama wrote:Hoi,

Question about the harvesting panel or better about the "ad to harvesting panel": When i enter a harvester i have to select the type of the harvester (chemical, mineral...)

When i want to add a resource to the harvester panel - why do i get *all* harvesters ? Why not only the one where it fit? At the moment i can select that i harvest this great flora with that mineral harvester...

When i i try to add a flora i espected to get only the flora harvesters as selection. And for the chemicals only chemical harvesters (just remember: radioactive can be harvested with minerals and fusions).

Would that be difficult to add ?

Best
Bel
Good question Beli. We'll wait and see what Oarun has to say :)
/Z

Belisama
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Belisama » Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:59 am

Zimoon wrote:Good question Beli. We'll wait and see what Oarun has to say :)/Z
would be nice. You know: i have 5 toon - and all toons have all harvesters needed in their backpacks (that means enough for each of their free slots of each of the common type). So i have a *lot* of harvesters *g*

BTW another suggestion: if i am on the resource panel because of an alarm i can see if the monitor is turned orage. But the harvester don't behave liek that. So if i don't remember that i harevst that depleted resource the tool don't tell it to me. Or i have to remember to at least check it. Why is it that the word "monitor" turns orange and the word "harvesting" don't ?

Best
Bel
In Memoriam for all BE

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:02 pm

Belisama wrote:
Zimoon wrote:Good question Beli. We'll wait and see what Oarun has to say :)/Z
would be nice. You know: i have 5 toon - and all toons have all harvesters needed in their backpacks (that means enough for each of their free slots of each of the common type). So i have a *lot* of harvesters *g*

BTW another suggestion: if i am on the resource panel because of an alarm i can see if the monitor is turned orage. But the harvester don't behave liek that. So if i don't remember that i harevst that depleted resource the tool don't tell it to me. Or i have to remember to at least check it. Why is it that the word "monitor" turns orange and the word "harvesting" don't ?

Best
Bel
Already at my backlog as I noticed the same. I would also suggest it turns yellow when the harvester "warning" period kicks in, whatever the time is set to.

/Zimoon

PS: Why is it that whenever I sit down to code some stuff there is also so much to do in the game. Love Festival pfffffffffffffffffft, and before that it was Life Day :shock: , and now it is running like a maniac blowing up structures 8)

I want 48 hours a day and 5 days weekend each week.

Belisama
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Belisama » Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:50 am

Zimoon wrote:PS: Why is it that whenever I sit down to code some stuff there is also so much to do in the game. Love Festival pfffffffffffffffffft, and before that it was Life Day :shock: , and now it is running like a maniac blowing up structures 8)
I want 48 hours a day and 5 days weekend each week.
I know what you mean... ;)

Best
Bel
In Memoriam for all BE

Belisama
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Belisama » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:46 am

Question: atm everytime i got the alarm, a very annoying sound.
But i don't know why: I have *every* resource that show up in the filters at monitoring... Is that not enough? Or did i overlook some (what easily can happen, i have 22 filters with an alarm atm. thats why i asked if its not possible to mark all where i watch the resource already like in MyRes *g*)

Best
Bel
In Memoriam for all BE

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:02 pm

Belisama wrote:Question: atm everytime i got the alarm, a very annoying sound.
But i don't know why: I have *every* resource that show up in the filters at monitoring... Is that not enough? Or did i overlook some (what easily can happen, i have 22 filters with an alarm atm. thats why i asked if its not possible to mark all where i watch the resource already like in MyRes *g*)

Best
Bel
I hope I interpret "alarm" with the "u-ti-nii" and not the "baaap-baaap". I would call "u-ti-nii" an "alert" and the "baaap-baaaap" for "alarm", but that is me :)

Next, I understand your post such as:
No alert should sound if the resource is already monitored since I am already harvesting it. It can still be visible in the list of guards though. Is that a correct understanding?

If so I agree. It will take quite some code changes though, since the alert function does not know of monitors and harvesting, and vice versa for that sake. Hence it will not come any soon.

I remember your request for different coloring on the guards list, same reasoning here, it will take some time.

Finally, it seems as you have a really long time window for the guards. Why? Why are you intersted in resources that spawned ages ago? I usually have it set to 24 to 48 hours, which will keep the list quite short. Should I sometimes want to see what has alerted for the last week I either increase the number of hours or set it to 0 for eternal. I am just curious on your use case, if there is anything more I want to change. First of all I want SWGAide to be user friendly :D

/Zimoon

Belisama
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Belisama » Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:27 pm

Zimoon wrote:I hope I interpret "alarm" with the "u-ti-nii" and not the "baaap-baaap". I would call "u-ti-nii" an "alert" and the "baaap-baaaap" for "alarm", but that is me :)
I got both...
Zimoon wrote:Next, I understand your post such as: No alert should sound if the resource is already monitored since I am already harvesting it. It can still be visible in the list of guards though. Is that a correct understanding?
perfect, yup
Zimoon wrote:Finally, it seems as you have a really long time window for the guards. Why? Why are you intersted in resources that spawned ages ago? I usually have it set to 24 to 48 hours, which will keep the list quite short. Should I sometimes want to see what has alerted for the last week I either increase the number of hours or set it to 0 for eternal. I am just curious on your use case, if there is anything more I want to change. First of all I want SWGAide to be user friendly :D
I set it to 800 hours to make sure that i have every resource in Monitor to get rid of that annoying alarm...
If i set it to 48 Hours i have 10 guards showing. With 24 hours there are 4.
Did i mentioned before that i have a LOT of guards because i am not only crafter - i am resource merchant? I keep track of all chef resources, AS resources, BM resources and some WS reasources. At the moment i ignore the other professions, this already keep me busy ;)

Best
Bel
In Memoriam for all BE

RebelDawg
Apprentice Crafter

Post by RebelDawg » Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:34 pm

I absolutely love SWGAide but due to it lacking some things, I have just recently started usuing JnF as well.

Is there anything that we the crafting community can do to help you get some of this coding done? Perhaps just some data entry type footwork for quick copy/paste into databases etc.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:07 pm

RebelDawg wrote:I absolutely love SWGAide but due to it lacking some things, I have just recently started usuing JnF as well.

Is there anything that we the crafting community can do to help you get some of this coding done? Perhaps just some data entry type footwork for quick copy/paste into databases etc.
SWGAide is open source and found at http://sourceforge.net/projects/swgaide so anybody that has programming skills are welcomed.

I tried making SWGAide as modular as possible so adding a new feature, such as profession wheel, expertize builder, etc., is just as simple as adding a new panel to the framework. Then some kind of easy to edit format for these features would be a help, we can always discuss how when somebody enters the small group of two developers :)

Documentation: If anybody wants to help but lacks coding skills, the README file needs an update to include advices regarding Windows Vista. Perhaps also other documentation or the help files could be made better.

I lack the the time reading up on how to implement a trampoline starter for SWGAide, one that starts SWGAide, if there is a current update available or already downloaded it replaces the old for the new; then it kicks off SWGAide as usual.

If anybody skilled in Java just wants to walk over the code and rinse out leftovers or re-factor parts of the code or modularize other code, they are welcomed. I have a few ideas of what needs to be done with code that has kind of outgrown itself and should be made more modular to be easier to use by new features, so, there is always stuff that can be done, and be done better. I am certainly not a guru but learn from my mistakes and do my best to figure out the most user-friendly way to do things, if possible.

Data gathering:

Currently I believe all of the schematics here at SWGCraft could be verified and be completed if necessary. Next feature is indeed schematics and if SWGCraft is up-to-date it will be a breeze to use that information directly from this site. Do it systematically, profession by profession, level by level, detail by detail. Post in the schematics forum board. Add extra info to the comments field, for loot/quest/reward schematics add a comment on how achieved and details about it prior to learning it and similar data.

Profession levels and what is given each level, XP necessary for each level, the in-game descriptions for the different abilities and skills. Open a new thread in a appropriate forum board where format can be discussed so it is easy to parse data for an application, XML is to prefer, but rather provide the data in a fixed text format and we can fix a script to make it machine friendlier later on.

Profession Expertize data. Best format is XML here since this data really is a tree and having dependencies, some ugly as ... But again, it is better to have the all data and dependencies in text form and we can always fix it later on.

I am pretty sure there are many ideas out there, and if they are suitable in an application, shoot.

In fact, more than half of a developers work is to work out the stuff on paper first, to work out the description of what the application is supposed to do. Yes, exactly so, supposed to do. So, if you have a bright idea but cannot program, try to write a text description of what you want it to look like and what it should do. Such as three buttons and a field where I see this. Clicking A does this, ... Any developer can pick up such a description and make wonders with it. The better and the more detailed the description the better, such as clicking B and if X is true then do this, otherwise that. Anybody is welcomed, you may imagine something that will never come to me nor Oarun :)

/Zimoon