SWGAide for Emulators

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Sobuno
Developer

Re: SWGAide for Emulators

Post by Sobuno » Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:52 pm

xfortran wrote:schematics are working properly (yay! thank you)

Unfortunately, it no longer downloads resources for me. I have tried deleting it all and starting from scratch. Any suggestions?
No idea sadly, I did not change any code pertaining to resources.

espenhain
Novice Crafter

Post by espenhain » Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:26 pm

Keep getting this error..

What the hell can i do.. :twisted:

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:20 pm

espenhain wrote:Keep getting this error..

Hey Mark :D

I get that error too on my machine and have been unable to run SWGAide the proper way.

I can run it by going to the start menu and opening cmd.exe in Administrator mode (Just type cmd after having opened the menu), navigating to the file (using cd C:\<path for dir goes here>) and launching the program (write SWGAide.jar in cmd)

If anyone knows how to fix it properly though, please do share

HydroTek
Intermediate Crafter

Post by HydroTek » Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:20 pm

espenhain wrote:Keep getting this error..

Hello guys ...RL stuff has kept me from tinkering with Aide for a while, may be able to get back to it later this fall. Anyways ..have you tried looking at the ReadMe file? There is a section that addresses this error. Basically, Aide tries to write a test file to the current working directory, if it cant succeed the error is thrown. Hint: javaw.exe has to be set to run in Admin mode ..also if you have multiple versions of Java, be sure Aide is starting with the latest one ...or remove the older versions of Java.

Win7 pro admin, Aide is in Program Files(x86), Aide is started from a shortcut on my desktop ...no problems running.

PS: updating of resources seems to be an ongoing problem for Aide ..I see the errors ..just not sure of the "why" ..yet :)
If it's stuck :x ...force it ...if it breaks, :shock: you needed a new one anyway :)
Characters(Legends): HydroTek, Ditty, and Talo ..give a shout if you see me in game

sailorzeo
Novice Crafter

Post by sailorzeo » Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:39 pm

Just wanted to add that I'm getting the "no resources" bug, too. No error messages, just nothing showing up.

xfortran
Novice Crafter

Post by xfortran » Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:24 pm

sailorzeo wrote:Just wanted to add that I'm getting the "no resources" bug, too. No error messages, just nothing showing up.
I worked through it following what someone else did.

Go it Options-SWGCraft and change the server to a different server.
Let it update (or try to update, don't forget the auto update feature only happens every 15 minutes I think it is)

I ended up doing all of the other servers before returning to basilisk and then it updated just fine.

Macrodex
Novice Crafter

Post by Macrodex » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:51 pm

I know this is an old thread, but i tought i post my question and see if anyone might have an answer.

I keep getting the "no resources bug" in the exact same fashion as described above, but the solution (changing to other servers and letting them update) unfortunatley did not work.

The wierd thing is that when i select any of the servers i get the "updating *server name*" text in the lower left corner, but nothing is actually happening.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

TipForge
Novice Crafter

Post by TipForge » Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:32 pm

I have the same issue... Resources are not updating. I think it stopped when I installed the latest Java update, but that may just be coincidental.

TipForge

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:21 am

Version uploaded that hopefully fixes a bug with the initialization process for new users; it seems manually searching for the SWG directoy was not possible.

Swedishoyster
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Swedishoyster » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:02 pm

Sobuno wrote:Version uploaded that hopefully fixes a bug with the initialization process for new users; it seems manually searching for the SWG directoy was not possible.
If I don't have that issue, do I need to update SWGaide?
Sork Inc. Perdition, Dantooine
Hunterella, Architect/Armorsmith - Sorkella, Ranger/Riflewoman
Snufsan, Tailor/Chef/x - Healerella, Doctor
Bimborella, Swordswoman/Medic - Sniperella, Rifle/BE

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:24 pm

Swedishoyster wrote:
Sobuno wrote:Version uploaded that hopefully fixes a bug with the initialization process for new users; it seems manually searching for the SWG directoy was not possible.
If I don't have that issue, do I need to update SWGaide?
Nope, it's the only change in it

Swedishoyster
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Swedishoyster » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:15 pm

I found another, not game breaking issue, in swgaide.
as it's made for NGE, the harvester section have settings for all these bonuses you got as trader, Storage, Maint, energy, adv tech and harvester fair buff.

I totally do NOT ask anyone to reprogram this, but do you perhaps know what settings should be set to most closely emulate pre-cu values? All on max, all on 0, or something in between. I guess I could do trial and error myself to find out but maybe someone already done it, so i thought I should ask... :-)

I tried the default values yesterday and they were way off for maint and energy.

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:01 am

Swedishoyster wrote:I found another, not game breaking issue, in swgaide.
as it's made for NGE, the harvester section have settings for all these bonuses you got as trader, Storage, Maint, energy, adv tech and harvester fair buff.

I totally do NOT ask anyone to reprogram this, but do you perhaps know what settings should be set to most closely emulate pre-cu values? All on max, all on 0, or something in between. I guess I could do trial and error myself to find out but maybe someone already done it, so i thought I should ask... :-)

I tried the default values yesterday and they were way off for maint and energy.

Can you give me the current maintenance and energy consumption rates for harvesters? I changed them in the source code a while ago, but it may have been while Basilisk was running at an odd rate.

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:13 am

I have made a new branch of SWGAide for Pre-CU, in which I've started ripping out NGE-related stuff. For now, it's mostly harvester stuff (All the various buffs + the 50% increase in BER from December 2005 + Elite Harvesters removed) as that's the biggest area.

Download is found in the second post as usual. Your current .DAT file will work with it (And should you choose to go back to the normal version, it will still work there).

Note: You need to right-click each of your owner, click "Edit owner" and press Ok in the box that comes up in order to reset your owner's NGE buffs to 0 if they are not already set that way.

Once I get some data regarding the correct maintenance and energy rates, I will update those too.

Swedishoyster
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Swedishoyster » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:02 am

Oh nice, I'll get that info as soon as I get a chance to get online in SWG.

Edit: I'll fill it out as I go, seems you have to place the harvies to figure out their power drain ;-/

Heavy Harvesters:
Maint: 90cr/h
Power: 75cr/h

Wind Power generators:
Maint: 60cr/h

Personal Harvesters:
Main: 30cr/h
Power: 24cr/h