Inventory

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Nautillus
Novice Crafter

Inventory

Post by Nautillus » Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:14 am

first off I have multi crafters across 3 servers. I want to add their respected invnetories to swgaid. If I transfer a toon to another server say from bloodfin to starsider, will the inventories merge? will the bloodfin resources automaticly become (bloodfin) resource?

Am i missing anything here. Reason I ask is I have sent toons from bloodfin to starsider already. Some of the resources left on my last toon on bloodfin will be the same as whats already on starsider.

Thx
Naut.
Icthys Max, Shipwright - Starsider
Nautillus, Weaponsmith - Starsider
Mannaray, Droids - Bloodfin
Willum Hammersmith, Structures - Chimaera
U'ss, Droids - Chimaera

HydroTek
Intermediate Crafter

Re: Inventory

Post by HydroTek » Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:01 pm

Z would be the one to know for sure, but I think swgaide looks at the toon name and server. Soo, you would need to select the correct server from the main tab in swgaide ..then inport your inventory for that server and toon.

Then toon names in the resource owner list would be the ones on the selected server. Not sure what happens when a toon is moved, but I think nothing on the current server. Swgaide lists toons that I no longer have.

Read the help file with swgaide, I remember something about importing resources from foreign servers there.

I hope my ramblings help :)
If it's stuck :x ...force it ...if it breaks, :shock: you needed a new one anyway :)
Characters(Legends): HydroTek, Ditty, and Talo ..give a shout if you see me in game

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:32 pm

HydroTek wrote:Z would be the one to know for sure, but I think swgaide looks at the toon name and server. Soo, you would need to select the correct server from the main tab in swgaide ..then inport your inventory for that server and toon.

Then toon names in the resource owner list would be the ones on the selected server. Not sure what happens when a toon is moved, but I think nothing on the current server. Swgaide lists toons that I no longer have.

Read the help file with swgaide, I remember something about importing resources from foreign servers there.

I hope my ramblings help :)
Amen!!!

Yes, export to file from the galaxy where you are at, READ THE HELP TEXT carefully, if you need to you edit the exported file in any text editor or spread-sheet program and save as TEXT. Import to the new galaxy. There is a special section on this in the help texts. Remember that you can read the help texts with a web browser, start at index.html next to SWGAide.jar (you need to start SWGAide at least once). For resources that are known at SWGCraft and have an ID you do not need to edit anything, otherwise ... read on 8)

No SWGAide does not transfer anything automagically, but as soon as your toon is transfered and you have logged in your toons at the new location at least once they will also show up in SWGAide, naked as they were born.

Zimoon

PS: for general info: recent weeks I have addressed several issues and bugs at the harvesting panel, some nasty errors at the trade panels (sorry for not finding them sooner) and added color-alert to Schematics -->>Today's Alert for when anything is found. Several minor issues are fixed or polished. Only one thing remains and that is a report that the ISDroid-panel's exist-at-galaxy-missing-at-planet seems non-functional. Hopefully this weekend has some spare minutes, the one hour that will be lost in day-light saving uncounted for. So, some day next week another upgrade is about. Cheers :mrgreen:

Nautillus
Novice Crafter

Post by Nautillus » Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:08 pm

Okay not sure if this is working as intended or not.

I am going through all my houses and grouping all resources into one house, and adding to inventory of SWGAID as I go. I am using /note resource to create my file to add to invnetory. then I Erase the file and start over Moving in lots of 10 so i can keep track of what needs to be added manually later.

Trouble is when I add the same resource again it a: does not append amount already in inventory nor does it b: Overwrite the amount.

I am having to go back and manuall re-enter these amounts.

Nautillus
U'ss, Droids - Chimaera

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:58 am

Nautillus wrote:Okay not sure if this is working as intended or not.

I am going through all my houses and grouping all resources into one house, and adding to inventory of SWGAID as I go. I am using /note resource to create my file to add to invnetory. then I Erase the file and start over Moving in lots of 10 so i can keep track of what needs to be added manually later.

Trouble is when I add the same resource again it a: does not append amount already in inventory nor does it b: Overwrite the amount.

Nautillus
I have used this feature a lot to update my inventory, however, there are some limitations to it such as if the same resource is "owned" by different "assignees" and SWGAide cannot really figure out who to update. That is explained in detail in the help text for the inventory panel though. So...

When "updating" amount for an existing resource, do you use the + or = signs? They are also described in the help text? Example:

Assume you have 123,000 units Nautillus in your inventory, but you happen to find another 1,000,000 in some house. Then you type the following to the inv notes file:

Code: Select all

Nautilus, +1000000, 
And that should update the entry to 1,123,000, does it not?

The = sign would override the amount, so from the above, if you rather had typed

Nautilus, =987, 
The result would be 987 units. Does that not work?

And of course there is a - sign as well, thought to work analogously.

I do have polished somewhat on the code but cannot believe the polishing really changed this logic. Did I test? Unless I am worse absent minded than I thought I updated several "houses" after that, but...

/Zimoon

Nautillus
Novice Crafter

Post by Nautillus » Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:06 pm

Zimoon wrote:
Nautillus wrote:Okay not sure if this is working as intended or not.

Nautillus
I have used this feature a lot to update my inventory, however, there are some limitations to it such as if the same resource is "owned" by different "assignees" and SWGAide cannot really figure out who to update. That is explained in detail in the help text for the inventory panel though. So...

When "updating" amount for an existing resource, do you use the + or = signs? They are also described in the help text? Example:

Assume you have 123,000 units Nautillus in your inventory, but you happen to find another 1,000,000 in some house. Then you type the following to the inv notes file:

Nautilus, +1000000, 
And that should update the entry to 1,123,000, does it not?

The = sign would override the amount, so from the above, if you rather had typed

Nautilus, =987, 
The result would be 987 units. Does that not work?

And of course there is a - sign as well, thought to work analogously.

I do have polished somewhat on the code but cannot believe the polishing really changed this logic. Did I test? Unless I am worse absent minded than I thought I updated several "houses" after that, but...

/Zimoon

Good to know, if i put the + infront of new resources in my inventory will they add new and append old? I will try today. thx z this really is a lifesaver.

N
U'ss, Droids - Chimaera

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:46 pm

Nautillus wrote:...
Good to know, if i put the + infront of new resources in my inventory will they add new and append old? I will try today. thx z this really is a lifesaver.
A + is never wrong, it adds to existing or adds so it exists, whichever. Just watch out if you have resource on several "assignees" ... that was why I added "merge" not long ago, to help reduce the spread.

Back in the days I thought it would be cool to have DE-resources on my DE toon, Chef-res on my Chef toon, etc., and bulk on the "All" assignee, but some resources are shared over several profession, and more. These days I have all resources on "All" and use the notes field to help my memory. So, only when harvesting I will get several entries, one per harvester-owner, but then I merge them to "All" once it is depleted and I Am done.

But I guess we are all different and have whatever fancy approaches. All feedback is welcomed and if possible it improves this little helper :)

Z

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:54 pm

A fledgling trader do not have that much of resources but it is better start early, hence another tip:
Use different backpacks named for HQ and for LQ per base resource class; I have for example "HQ Steel" and "LQ Steel" and "LQ Inorganic" ... the latter I must soon split to "LQ Metal" and "LQ Ore" and "LQ misc Ino".

To begin with they are perhaps almost empty, but I promise you they will fill up; I begun sorting when it took me minutes to find that Zimoonia Plumbum Iron only to find it somewhere I did not expect because I did not have the space to stash it when I was in a hurry. I still have to wade through dozens of entries, but just in one backpack, not dozens. Actually, I need to have two small tat houses nowadays, one for Organic and bulk, and another for HQ Inorganic. Yes, they have storage-increase :P And yeah, I am a hoarder I guess 8)

Z

Nautillus
Novice Crafter

Post by Nautillus » Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:15 pm

Right now I am using a Large Naboo with storage increased to 900 (still need the craftsman and cabinetry rares to get to 1200) with all my Inorganics split into HQ and LQ. I do not have a domestics so my organics are limited so not divided up ear as much. That will change soon enough though.

Zimoon I can never say enough how much this Site combined with SWGAID has mad my SWG life soo much easier!!

As a side not I notice you are on the chimaera server, I have been updating here with my ISD's but have not gotten a free crate on this acct yet. If you could check and update the missing stats that would be great!!

Nautillus
U'ss, Droids - Chimaera

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:59 pm

Will do :D

And send So'ma a mail and he (me) will put you at a mailing list so we can reduce some of the double work :)

Z