SWGAide Wish-list: Suggestions, Ideas, and Must-Have

Moderator: Forum Moderator

maninspace
Intermediate Crafter

Re: SWGAide Wish-list: Suggestions, Ideas, and Must-Have

Post by maninspace » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:03 pm

Monty, I take care of this...
I just contact the admin of swgpets, and I am sure, Zimoon will kindly mention their site in his program :)
otherwise, it will be some handwork, but won't take too long... :)
SWG/DE Chronicle Master Correspondent

Europe-Farstar:
Horman Sheridan, Ta-awe Ifofa, Sahoo Arej, Anke Strassburg
Starsider:
Horman Sheridan, Hormon Sheridan

Monty Burns
Master Crafter

Post by Monty Burns » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:10 pm

maninspace wrote:Monty, I take care of this...
I just contact the admin of swgpets, and I am sure, Zimoon will kindly mention their site in his program :)
otherwise, it will be some handwork, but won't take too long... :)
Ok...
I was just planning to rewrite the data from the resource guide but if there is an easier way to do this then I am happy.

However I guess if done right it could be used to add further creature data for BM's as well.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:42 pm

:D
It is a good idea, just that any feature must get its data from somewhere, I didn't mean to be coy.

TXT files are perfect. However, should there be even more data then we need to think deep and not only twice. Probably XML is a good and flexible choice, and then a manual to find the on-button is not really enough :lol:

If the SWGPets.com-guys are interested they may know way better than me what kind of data that is interesting for BM and probably how a cool BM-panel could be setup. Credits is no problem, or if they want to develop stuff in Java :D

/Zimoon

Monty Burns
Master Crafter

Post by Monty Burns » Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:33 am

Zimoon wrote::D
It is a good idea, just that any feature must get its data from somewhere, I didn't mean to be coy.

TXT files are perfect. However, should there be even more data then we need to think deep and not only twice. Probably XML is a good and flexible choice, and then a manual to find the on-button is not really enough :lol:

If the SWGPets.com-guys are interested they may know way better than me what kind of data that is interesting for BM and probably how a cool BM-panel could be setup. Credits is no problem, or if they want to develop stuff in Java :D

/Zimoon
I cant imagine that a list of creatures based on the creature resource guide would be all that big but I could be wrong still I will wait and see what Maninspace comes up with before I manage to screw it up completely.

:)

rohie
Novice Crafter

Post by rohie » Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:38 am

Zimoon wrote:The harvester will update the entry for the the assigned owner of the harvester. Yes, it is working correctly. I do not plan to change this relationship between harvester owner and inventory assignee :)

/Zimoon
It is not about changing the relationship between the harvester owner and inventory assignee. But when you are done with mining that resource you will end up with 2 entries for the same resource in inventory (if you have 2 owners for harvesters). The only way to consolidate these 2 entries is to manually modify the quantity and delete one of them. I was hoping that if I change the assignee on one of them, the application will check if there is another entry for the new assignee and same resource and if true, will add the quantity there.
Anyway, this is not so important. What are your plans with the Schematics panel? This is the only thing missing from SWGAide.

Regards,
Rohie

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:47 am

rohie wrote:
Zimoon wrote:The harvester will update the entry for the the assigned owner of the harvester. Yes, it is working correctly. I do not plan to change this relationship between harvester owner and inventory assignee :)

/Zimoon
It is not about changing the relationship between the harvester owner and inventory assignee. But when you are done with mining that resource you will end up with 2 entries for the same resource in inventory (if you have 2 owners for harvesters). The only way to consolidate these 2 entries is to manually modify the quantity and delete one of them. I was hoping that if I change the assignee on one of them, the application will check if there is another entry for the new assignee and same resource and if true, will add the quantity there.
Anyway, this is not so important. What are your plans with the Schematics panel? This is the only thing missing from SWGAide.

Regards,
Rohie
Aha, now I get it, sorry. Changing the name for the assignee to an assignee with that very resource will not work, it is silently disregarded by SWGAide. The reason is to allow you to import a backup file into an existing inventory without end up with double entries or, as you suggest, "adjusted" amounts.
I guess the easiest thing is just to edit the amount for the assignee you plan to keep it for and delete the other entry.

Personally I never do the math below 1,000 units so there are not so many digits to bother my brain ;)
Remember that the total amount from the harvesters are not 100% accurate, since the numbers from game is integers and not decimal values, so over just a few days the skew becomes very much obvious, in the end of the day you must edit the amount anyway.

Remember that you can double click the "amount cell" at the main table and edit right on, you need not open a dialog for this. There are other columns at some tables that allow for this editing style.

What you could do, if both toons are sucking up resources at the same location, which is how I do it, example: Two toons at same location, each having a full set of harvesters, the "average concentration" is 87% and the max is 89% (the average is not exact but my gut feeling):
In SWGAide I activate just two harvesters, one for each toon.
  1. The first harvester I set to 89% but not add to inventory. This is also the one I am more careful with regarding power and maintenance. This one is the one that will alert me whenever.

Possibly I set the concentration to 90% to avoid late alerts --- remember that the game displays integers and I believe they are truncated, so 89 could equally well be 89.9 but the decimal is disregarded, not rounded.
  2. The second one I set to 87% and add to inventory and I set the "cluster size" to how many harvesters there are at this location. However, I just add some decent numbers for power and maint. This is the harvester that will fill up my inventory but nothing else.
This way you end up with just one entry in the inventory, on the assignee for the second harvester in SWGAide.

The new "cluster size" allows users to activate less harvesters in SWGAide, the less buttons and knobs to have to fiddle with, and still get a decent result added to the inventory. Usually players replenish up the harvesters somewhat equal, I mean, I do not leave the location having one of them at 2 days remaining power and all the others are at +10 days, but if all of them are about 10 days and one is at 9 days, that is not a big deal as long as SWGAide is set to 9 days, right?

So ... the consolidate thing sounds OK at first, but if I take the time to implement it, to avoid doing something the user did not intend to there will be new dialogs for the user, or options at the existing dialog ---> Land of Confusion. In a future, if I ever get to add drag&drop support in SWGAide (which is a major task in itself) I will definitely add so if you drag amount from one cell to another it does what you suggested, is that fair enough? And remember you can edit some cells directly at the table itself.

/Zimoon

maninspace
Intermediate Crafter

Post by maninspace » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:09 pm

Zimoon wrote:
maninspace wrote:How about an acustical signal, when the harvester status changes?
I believe it sounds when the resource depletes, if not I will add that. Other status, maint or power low, or hopper soon full, I will not try that for now, already two sounds (utinni and deafening-alarm) 8)
It does when turning "depleted".
I just think, it might help to get another warning, when it turns "low", so you may react right away - and not, when SWG was shut down and you take the next look at your harvesters :D

The idea of the clusters seems nice to me, but there might be a problem. Imagine you use some Elite and some Heavy Harvies together. When resupplying my harvies, I refill lets say, untill an amount of 50k of energy and maintanence.
But when running them together, the heavies will deduct less resources then the elite ones... so they won't alert together?!

I am still waiting for response on the swgpets.com-case. I think, it would be even fine to thin out their data a bit - we won't need to know the 10 different borgle, that gives us a certain type of creature resource - just those, that will give us a different, then most of them, right?

Europe-Farstar:
Starsider:

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:53 pm

maninspace wrote:...
It does when turning "depleted".
I just think, it might help to get another warning, when it turns "low", so you may react right away - and not, when SWG was shut down and you take the next look at your harvesters :D

NP, I add it on my backlog, will think of it. Probably need more options for different things anyway, then players can cherry-pick whatever. Prio, lets's say lower than getting past this test phase and on to schematics.

The idea of the clusters seems nice to me, but there might be a problem. Imagine you use some Elite and some Heavy Harvies together. When resupplying my harvies, I refill lets say, untill an amount of 50k of energy and maintanence.
But when running them together, the heavies will deduct less resources then the elite ones... so they won't alert together?!

Then you most possibly will need one entry for the Elites and one for the Heavies.

I am still waiting for response on the swgpets.com-case. I think, it would be even fine to thin out their data a bit - we won't need to know the 10 different borgle, that gives us a certain type of creature resource - just those, that will give us a different, then most of them, right?

Yeah, that is what I wrote, just the main kind, such as Borgle. Only and only if some sub-kind drop another type of Bone/Hide/Meat then the majority then the sub-kind is listed. Or put differently: thinnest possible 8)

EDITED: If you get in contact with those guys, if they are willing to add an export feature of some kind, please ask them to get in touch with me, I have some thoughts on the data format.
/Zimoon

Tharek Tolemac
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Tharek Tolemac » Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:01 am

The already mentioned addition would be nice:

When clicking on a resource from inventory in a filter, the details could show also the notes made in inventory.

In this context, it would be nice to have an option to add notes to the resource directly in the filter.

For example, I can just write "Bones filter" without searching it in inventory. Makes it comfortable to add which resource is used it which filter.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:41 pm

Tharek Tolemac wrote:The already mentioned addition would be nice:

When clicking on a resource from inventory in a filter, the details could show also the notes made in inventory.

In this context, it would be nice to have an option to add notes to the resource directly in the filter.

For example, I can just write "Bones filter" without searching it in inventory. Makes it comfortable to add which resource is used it which filter.
I am not sure I understand exactly what you are suggesting, either I should have skipped that last beer or it is a tad fuzzy from start ;)

My interpretation is:
At Current Resources >> Guards: select a guard >> filtered resources are displayed: select a resource which exists in inventory >> flip to Details which reads the details of that resource, including notes --- is that correct?
If so, it is doable with a limitation: if the resource is owned by several assignees only the first is displayed, they are sorted by assignee so ...

Next, you want the displayed notes (at the Details view) to be editable, correct?
Harder, maybe doable, or a simple right-click popup dialog with that feature, or that the inventory-edt-dialog pops up.

But you give me another idea, what about this:
Select a guard, right-click a resource which is not in inventory, select "add to inventory" and the name of the guard is auto-added as a note to this new entry? This would only happen if a guard is selected.

And yet another idea, what about this:
A new option at the popup dialog "add to inventory (dialog)" which displays the inventory-edit dialog so you can add notes before it is actually added.

Or are there already too many options. Possibly I can do so "add to inventory" always opens a dialog so notes and amount can be edited from start, rather than just adding an entry without editing possibilities.

I am listening on all pros and cons here :)
/Zimoon

Tharek Tolemac
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Tharek Tolemac » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:12 pm

Zimoon wrote: I am not sure I understand exactly what you are suggesting, either I should have skipped that last beer or it is a tad fuzzy from start ;)

My interpretation is:
At Current Resources >> Guards: select a guard >> filtered resources are displayed: select a resource which exists in inventory >> flip to Details which reads the details of that resource, including notes --- is that correct? Correct.
If so, it is doable with a limitation: if the resource is owned by several assignees only the first is displayed, they are sorted by assignee so ... I only have one char... so, it isnt a problem for me, at least.

Next, you want the displayed notes (at the Details view) to be editable, correct?
Harder, maybe doable, or a simple right-click popup dialog with that feature, or that the inventory-edt-dialog pops up.

But you give me another idea, what about this:
Select a guard, right-click a resource which is not in inventory, select "add to inventory" and the name of the guard is auto-added as a note to this new entry? This would only happen if a guard is selected. This is a great idea. :)

And yet another idea, what about this:
A new option at the popup dialog "add to inventory (dialog)" which displays the inventory-edit dialog so you can add notes before it is actually added.

Or are there already too many options. Possibly I can do so "add to inventory" always opens a dialog so notes and amount can be edited from start, rather than just adding an entry without editing possibilities. That would be perfect. I already wondered if it is possible.
Replies in red

Would be nice to have such features added. :)

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:36 pm

Done, at Current Resources:
Notes are displayed at the Details view.
Adding to inventory, if a guard is selected its name is added to the notes of the new inventory entry.
Adding to inventory always opens a dialog which allows for editing amount, notes and assignee.
Added popup option to filter the inventory from current resources based on the selected resource.

These new features and options will be included in the next release, probably within a week.

/Enjoy

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:55 pm

maninspace wrote:Zimoon,
do you think, it might be possible, to sort guards that way, that the newest spawned and alerted guards, will be placed as the topmost......
MiS, this was one of the best suggestions for SWGAide we have seen in a very long time :idea:

What can I say other than .............. Thanks!!!

/Zimoon

/bewildered "how did i do it before? .... or how did I not do it?"

maninspace
Intermediate Crafter

Post by maninspace » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:44 pm

glad, that I finally had one usefull idea :)

Europe-Farstar:
Starsider:

Smeeon
Novice Crafter

Post by Smeeon » Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:20 am

A mail feature to alert via email when hoppers are full, fusion gens fill up QUICK and sometimes i forget how long they've been cooking.

the program ROCKS as is, thanks so much, it's made my life a lot easier and game play a lot more easy going !! :D