SWGAide Wish-list: Suggestions, Ideas, and Must-Have

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: SWGAide Wish-list: Suggestions, Ideas, and Must-Have

Post by Zimoon » Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:59 am

Monty Burns wrote:
Zimoon wrote:
  1. Consider it done. Not tonight but before next update :)
  2. I am already researching :)
I have been thinking about this a bit and would it be possible to tie the resources page to the toon you have selected on the main page?
This would allow us to see what is available dependent on the location of the toon.

I realise it is not a great solution and I would personally prefer the option to make cross galaxy guards but it is a solution none the less.
That is how it works today, select a toon at the front page and the galaxy of that toon is the one for resources and inventory. Schematics panels use this too, resources and inventory for the selected toon. It is also displayed at the bottom status bar.

I have a few ideas which I need to massage and see if they could work, but let me say that I am not so happy about the idea to download the big bulk from SWGCraft to find just one resource once in a while, it is kind of against my philosophy of wasted bandwidth and this sites resources. The idea I have is similar and need some help from Sobuno 8)

/Zimoon

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:55 pm

Hi Sobuno,

I hope you've had a great week at university and now long for some action with computers :mrgreen:

Is there a way that you could whip together an extremely simple hidden web page with a text field that took the following as input and updated the specified schematic IDs (just a suggestion, you may do whatever):

Code: Select all

HQ 
1 2 3 456 789 1212 1456 2345
And if I rather entered LQ it did the same, or MIXED.

The same for CRATE=25 or if you believe it is better to do it

CRATE
25 1121
25 987
50 1234
50 2198
... ...
In this case I would wish that CRATE=0 meant not-manufactured/singles as opposed to 1 which is manufactured but to singles.

I think this is the one biggest issue right now and it takes ages to do a few hundred schematics.

The IDs I do read in SWGAide --- see bottom of the center details panel at Draft Schematics --- and I can easily type a text file and then copy and paste to such a simple input page and the server reads item by item and churns it into a SQL statement, right?

Zimoon

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:36 am

I can't really do anything at the moment, the computer with all the development tools and FTP access to the server is not here. I won't have access to it untill Wednesday, so unless I somehow magically remember the login credentials for the server, I can't really access anything

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:12 pm

:D

Exsilium
Novice Crafter

Post by Exsilium » Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:05 am

Installation issues...

I want to put SWGAide on my laptop, but I cant because its forcing me to select the game installation folder which doesnt exist. Can you take this "feature" off, or make it not force me to do this to complete the installation? Pretty please?

Exsilium

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:36 am

Exsilium wrote:Installation issues...

I want to put SWGAide on my laptop, but I cant because its forcing me to select the game installation folder which doesnt exist. Can you take this "feature" off, or make it not force me to do this to complete the installation? Pretty please?

Exsilium
It is on the todo-list already :)

/Zimoon

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:08 pm

Zimoon wrote:Hi Sobuno,

I hope you've had a great week at university and now long for some action with computers :mrgreen:

Is there a way that you could whip together an extremely simple hidden web page with a text field that took the following as input and updated the

specified schematic IDs (just a suggestion, you may do whatever):

HQ 
1 2 3 456 789 1212 1456 2345
And if I rather entered LQ it did the same, or MIXED.

The same for CRATE=25 or if you believe it is better to do it

CRATE
25 1121
25 987
50 1234
50 2198
... ...
In this case I would wish that CRATE=0 meant not-manufactured/singles as opposed to 1 which is manufactured but to singles.

I think this is the one biggest issue right now and it takes ages to do a few hundred schematics.

The IDs I do read in SWGAide --- see bottom of the center details panel at Draft Schematics --- and I can easily type a text file and then copy and

paste to such a simple input page and the server reads item by item and churns it into a SQL statement, right?

Zimoon
Finally got around to this, hope it can still be used for something: http://www.swgcraft.org/dev/simpleschemedit.php
The format is:

CRATE
25 1337 1338 1339
50 1340 1394 4932

USAGE
HQ 1337 1338 1339
LQ 4922
MIXED 224
No need to use caps, it just looks neater ;)

Setting the crate size to 0 will cause a change in the manufactured status yet. The reverse has not been implemented yet (Setting the crate size to

something different from 0 will not cause a change in the manufactured state).

The page requires one to be a Schematic Maintainer of course.

maninspace
Intermediate Crafter

Post by maninspace » Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:13 pm

Hi Zimoon,
always after a break in playing, i am highly surprised about the development SWGAide took... it is... great :)

is there somekind of alarm for factories planned? maybe a button in the Draft Schematic Section that starts a "clock" and gives you an alert, when the estimated run time is ashived?

Greetings
SWG/DE Chronicle Master Correspondent

Europe-Farstar:
Horman Sheridan, Ta-awe Ifofa, Sahoo Arej, Anke Strassburg
Starsider:
Horman Sheridan, Hormon Sheridan

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:59 pm

Sobuno wrote:...
Finally got around to this, hope it can still be used for something: http://www.swgcraft.org/dev/simpleschemedit.php
The format is:

CRATE
25 1337 1338 1339
50 1340 1394 4932

USAGE
HQ 1337 1338 1339
LQ 4922
MIXED 224
No need to use caps, it just looks neater ;)

Setting the crate size to 0 will cause a change in the manufactured status yet. The reverse has not been implemented yet (Setting the crate size to

something different from 0 will not cause a change in the manufactured state).

The page requires one to be a Schematic Maintainer of course.
Cool, great, awesome. Now I just need to churn out the schematics in need of an update, that is done in a whim and I will post the output tomorrow or Monday, for anyone to use and fill in

Zimoon

maninspace
Intermediate Crafter

Post by maninspace » Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:50 am

Hi Zimoon,
while harvesting some ressis for different traders, I got the idea of coloring the guard alerts in different ways:
I have adapted the guards published here, so i can see, if it is a BM-, Chef-, WS- or AS-related resource.
I think it might be helpful, if I could choose a color related to a specific guard, i.e. some blueish colors to the chef guards (maybe even with some diffent blues, so you could even make out if it is good for tissues, BM-stuff, or food), redish for WS or yellowish for for AS...

just an idea :)

greetings
SWG/DE Chronicle Master Correspondent

Europe-Farstar:
Horman Sheridan, Ta-awe Ifofa, Sahoo Arej, Anke Strassburg
Starsider:
Horman Sheridan, Hormon Sheridan

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:00 pm

I will add it to the wishlist -- don't hope for 2010-Santa though, I rather spend time on get-SWGAide-mobile ... which rather is the content of its DAT file independent of location. Once that is done I will dig through the pile of wishes.

Zimoon

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:22 pm

Zimoon wrote:get-SWGAide-mobile
A version for mobile phones? 0_o

(Just kiting)

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:28 am

Sobuno wrote:
Zimoon wrote:get-SWGAide-mobile
A version for mobile phones? 0_o

(Just kiting)
the thought has crossed my mind but...

ssjhook
Novice Crafter

Post by ssjhook » Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:34 pm

Dont know if this has been posted already but its regarding resources with no stats showing up in guards and filters as high end resources.

On my server this has become quite a problem cause some people enter 5-10 resources a day without stats.

Is there a way to classify the missing stats as a 0? and maybe even the possiblity to enter the stats manually from the current resources panel

Its sort of tedious adding them all in manually when you could just potnetially right click the missing ones in current resources and quickly type in the stats.

I know its probably asking a lot but it sure would make my life easier! lol

thanks zimoon for all ur help and hardwork!

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:02 pm

I see no reason to change SWGAide to display zeros for missing stats, what should that add.

I can definitely add some support for entering stats via the Current Resources panel, probably not directly at the table because the code is a bit spagetti-style already, but via a small dialog. However...

Already today you can use the Submit Resources panel to complement a resource with missing stats. Either at the upper part of that panel:
- enter its name (and possibly at least one planet),
- enter its resource class (try the abbreviation support :))
- enter the stats
- click Submit to the upper right

Or by the help of a notes-file named rem.txt (in-game the is opened by /note rem )
- filter for stat-less at the filter to lower left
- age is possibly OK with default 6 days
- write to file
- in-game open the notes file and complement the resource with stats, close the notepad
- in SWGAide you load the notes file and review the entries at the table
- click Submit to the lower right, the resources exist already

This panel supports not only new resources but also to complement existing resources. And these resources are instantly updated within SWGAide, there is no need to wait the usual 30 minutes.

I guess if there are many resources you rather want to use the notes file style, typing some numbers in-game is quite quick. For just one you can use the upper area and I believe it is as quick as typing at the resource table, right?

By the way, this is the panel I use to update creature resources, then I filter for that class, min age 6 days, and browse everything using the 30k resource crate as a galaxy-wide sampling tool. Only if anything is changed I edit the file, for all Organics SWGAide automagically marks the replaced resource as depleted so there is no need to bother with that.

More tips are found in the help files, find the index.html file next to SWGAide.jar :)

So, I will add to my todo-list to add a dialog for complementing stats at the Current Resources, no ETA though.

Zimoon