SWGAide Wish-list: Suggestions, Ideas, and Must-Have

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: SWGAide Wish-list: Suggestions, Ideas, and Must-Have

Post by Zimoon » Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:49 pm

Hi Bulba,

Yupp, the Trade window is one I need to spend more time on ... when for example schematics are in place ;))

I read your wish as you want ways to provide "reports", right? It is rather easy, just takes the time to add.

The more specified list you can provide me with the faster it might happen, a long list with each item and a short description. Usually it is this phase that takes the quite some time, to brainstorm on my own. Feel free to compile a long list, perhaps categorise/group it, and when there is some time.

Or if some Java developer chimes in and whip together what you ask for :)
It is extremely easy to add another window/tab, I have done my best to keep things in modules so new stuff could be added smoothly, but I have also learned over this experience 8)

/Zimoon

Bulba
Novice Crafter

Post by Bulba » Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:33 am

Yes exactly, some kind of reports to see how things are doing week by week or month by month. I'll have a think about it and try and give you some ideas to work from.

Tack så mycket :)

Bulba
Novice Crafter

Post by Bulba » Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:00 pm

Sorry for taking so long Zimoon.

I'm going to stick in a pic of The Merchants Friends reporting stuff, mainly to show off my obscene sales this month :P But also so we are both referencing the same thing.

I tend to play SWG like a business sim. My other favorite games are Capitalism II by Trevor Chan and Patrician III by Ascaron if you know them. I like to see day by day and month by month numbers on things :) Its gives the opportunity to strategise, and to spot where improvements can be made. That's not how most ppl play SWG, but it's fun for me :)

So my wishlist would include these capabilities:
-View daily, weekly and monthly (calendar) credit total per vendor and overall (Maybe a user specified date range would be cleaner/easier?) A panel on the top with the date selection, and then the grid underneath with the results, and some sum rows at the bottom?
-View daily, weekly and monthly (calendar) item total per vendor and overall
-Cutomers per day and overall
-List of items sold per day, per vendor and overall
-Pretty much what the picture shows really, but with monthly stuff and more detail for the daily sales.

Some of those overlap with the filtering already available. What the filtering would benefit from is another row at the bottom displaying the sum of the columns. Another benefit would be filtering by date. If you could get those two additions, it would be more than halfway to what I would consider 'perfect' :)

I know that's not as specific as you might have liked, but please ask q's and maybe we can get a more pure idea going.

Thanks again for all the time you put into this, it's a great help to me and loads of others for sure.

EDIT:
The default behaviour of SWGAide is to move all the saved mails from your SWG profile directory to a sub-directory of SWGAide, correct?

In my case, I can achieve most of what I need from The Merchants Friend. But, I need to remember to open it before SWGAide, or the mails get moved and there is no data to parse.

Would it be possible to add an option to copy the saved mails instead of moving them? That would retain compatibility with established 3rd-party tools. Thinking on it, it might be a lot of hassle for you to add the logic to determine between truly new mails and ones that have already been parsed. So that idea is just an afterthought, hence the edit :)

Seldom_Bored
Novice Crafter

Post by Seldom_Bored » Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:03 am

Bulba wrote:
mainly to show off my obscene sales this month
I think that's the understatement of the year.

Bulba
Novice Crafter

Post by Bulba » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:15 am

Seldom_Bored wrote:
Bulba wrote:
mainly to show off my obscene sales this month
I think that's the understatement of the year.
The year is still young :P

Seldom_Bored
Novice Crafter

Post by Seldom_Bored » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:38 am

I know. You made more in the past 12 days than I made all of last year.

Belisama
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Belisama » Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:29 pm

I would like to see harvester- or resource-alarm at the main window as well.

What i mean is this: I often don't wear my headphones, so very often i don't hear an alarm.
When I open SWGAide the main page open. So if there is a harvesteralarm or an alarmn from a guard i don't hear it (hmm.. to be true - i am not even sure if the alarm goes off when i open SWGAide or when i switch to the resource panel.If the alarm gies off when i switch to the panel - isnnt that a bit late as well?)

So i would like to be able to see that there is an alarm going on when i open SWGAide. That way i don't miss it.

Possible solution would be a colored "Resource"slide (hope i picked the correct word from dictionary *g*). For example in the color that the alarm is going on:
Orange for a guard-alarm
yellow for a nearly-filled hopper,
red for a filled one -
and purple for a depleted resource...

Up to you what to choose for a multiple alarm *g*

Best
Bel
Your domestic trader at Starsider TOG Mall: Tat WP -5101 -3308
You have resource for sale ? Check the TOG Holonet Channel for my offer
In Memoriam for all BE

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:12 pm

Belisama wrote:I would like to see harvester- or resource-alarm at the main window as well.

What i mean is this: I often don't wear my headphones, so very often i don't hear an alarm. When I open SWGAide the main page open. So if there is a harvesteralarm or an alarmn from a guard i don't hear it (hmm.. to be true - i am not even sure if the alarm goes off when i open SWGAide or when i switch to the resource panel.If the alarm gies off when i switch to the panel - isnnt that a bit late as well?)
SWGAide always alerts, it may take some time to download and parse but it always alerts, regardless of the page you are at.

So i would like to be able to see that there is an alarm going on when i open SWGAide. That way i don't miss it.

Possible solution would be a colored "Resource"slide (hope i picked the correct word from dictionary *g*). For example in the color that the alarm is going on:
Orange for a guard-alarm
yellow for a nearly-filled hopper,
red for a filled one -
and purple for a depleted resource...

Up to you what to choose for a multiple alarm *g*

Best
Bel
Good idea, I will add it to the to-do list. It will probably just be two colors, yellow for guards/warnings, red for serious; the latter being depleted/idling-harvester. I think the main idea is that you just want to see an eye-catcher.

Right now you can read a few-seconds text alert in the lower left corner, at the status bar. Keep an eye at that location the next time you launch SWGAide :)

/Zimoon

PS: Sorry for not answering your mail, real life is too much right now, coding on schematics is a chill-out but bug hunting is not. I'm sorry :sad:

Belisama
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Belisama » Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:21 pm

Zimoon wrote:Good idea, I will add it to the to-do list. It will probably just be two colors, yellow for guards/warnings, red for serious; the latter being depleted/idling-harvester. I think the main idea is that you just want to see an eye-catcher.
Yup, that's the main - that you know that you *have* to check it :)
Zimoon wrote:Right now you can read a few-seconds text alert in the lower left corner, at the status bar. Keep an eye at that location the next time you launch SWGAide :)
You think i watch the pc when starting it? Usual i run away making coffee !!! ;)
Zimoon wrote:PS: Sorry for not answering your mail, real life is too much right now, coding on schematics is a chill-out but bug hunting is not. I'm sorry :sad:
Ah, that's ok, even without working on a great tool like this RL can be really busy :)

Best
Bel
In Memoriam for all BE

Belisama
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Belisama » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:09 pm

Zimoon wrote:Right now you can read a few-seconds text alert in the lower left corner, at the status bar. Keep an eye at that location the next time you launch SWGAide :)
BTW i tested it: No alert, i wait a couple of minute - still no alert.
I go to Resources.
At the left corner the line "Updating Starsider" show and after a few moments - alert from guards and harvesters (there was a resource depleted and 2 guards sent an alarm".

Best
bel
In Memoriam for all BE

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:43 pm

Belisama wrote:... I tested it: No alert, i wait a couple of minute - still no alert.
I go to Resources.
At the left corner the line "Updating Starsider" show and after a few moments - alert from guards and harvesters (there was a resource depleted and 2 guards sent an alarm".
This sounds as you have not set Starsider as you default galaxy on the options, perhaps you forgot that when you moved from Wanderhome, did you? Have a look at Options >> SWGCraft and verify that Starsider is your default galaxy and that the check-box for auto-update is selected. If that is not the problem I need to have a look at your DAT file again.

But I believe that is the problem because it updates when you go to the resources window --- which it always should if it is not already up-to-date --- but it does not auto-update, that seems to be the option problem.

/Zimoon

Belisama
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Belisama » Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:04 pm

me stupid, me forget to put on autoupdate :oops: :oops: :oops:

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:07 pm

Belisama wrote:me stupid, me forget to put on autoupdate :lol: :lol: :lol:
Easily done sis :mrgreen:

Swedishoyster
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Swedishoyster » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:51 am

Is it possible to run swgaide as a "portable" program on an USB-stick? Provided the path to swg is the same on all the computers?

That could eliminate the need for a server on the internet to hold your data if you use multiple computers like at home and at work...
Sork Inc. Perdition, Dantooine
Hunterella, Architect/Armorsmith - Sorkella, Ranger/Riflewoman
Snufsan, Tailor/Chef/x - Healerella, Doctor
Bimborella, Swordswoman/Medic - Sniperella, Rifle/BE

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:10 pm

This is discussed in http://www.swgcraft.org/forums/viewtopi ... =43&t=2164
any feedback there is welcomed :)