SWGAide --- Your SWG Swizz Knife

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: SWGAide --- version 0.7.83

Post by Zimoon » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:24 am

Hi Fyrye,

The only reason then, that I can think of this early morning, is if there was some other error that killed some background thread. Is there anything in the error log? Or the general log?

/Zim

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: SWGAide --- version 0.7.84

Post by Zimoon » Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:23 pm

SWGAide version 0.7.84 is available at the usual site.

This version contains a few minor bug fixes. From the history file:
  • Fixed a bug that caused trailing help text in ISDroid-notes-file to fail.
  • Fixed a bug if guards should ignore resources from Kashyyyk and Mustafar.
  • Fixed a bug if an inventory item is selected and switching main panels.
  • Disabled sorting at active harvester table until bug is fixed.
If I have missed any reported bug, please remind me, the recent weeks have been upside-down and chaotic :(

Progress report on schematics
All basic support structures are in place and is tested.
Currently I am working with the support logic which will serve the GUI, partly tested.
Sketches on GUI layout is in progress.

Suggestions on must-have features are welcomed, anybody can start one new thread for the purpose to collect those ideas.

What will schematics be all about?
Those of you that ever used MyRes know the basic idea, just that I want more windows for different views.
This is somewhat the order the items will be implemented:
Of course a generic viewer with filters for professions, levels, and categories.
Select a schematic >> display resources, both spawning and from inventory
Create guards from a selected schematic with pre-filled values.
Create "shopping list" from a selected schematic.

Over time, and with your suggestions, more will come --- right now I need my afternoon nap :lol:

/Zimoon

Belisama
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Belisama » Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:28 pm

I have a few errors with my SWGAide and Zimoon suggest to Archive *all* those thousands of mails and then take back 2009 and 2010.

My problem is: How do i archive them? I am blind maybe - but i dont find an option for that...

Best
bel
Your domestic trader at Starsider TOG Mall: Tat WP -5101 -3308
You have resource for sale ? Check the TOG Holonet Channel for my offer
In Memoriam for all BE

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:36 pm

Belisama wrote:... My problem is: How do i archive them? I am blind maybe - but i dont find an option for that...

Best
bel
I will check if there is one for plain mails, but for auction mails there is, at the Trade tab an at the menu. I think it is at the File menu, but I may be wrong. Have a look at the help text at the Trade window.

Grüß gott

/Zimoon

Belisama
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Belisama » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:12 pm

Zimoon wrote:I will check if there is one for plain mails, but for auction mails there is, at the Trade tab an at the menu. I think it is at the File menu, but I may be wrong. Have a look at the help text at the Trade window.
found it!

Mange tak :)
Bel
Your domestic trader at Starsider TOG Mall: Tat WP -5101 -3308
You have resource for sale ? Check the TOG Holonet Channel for my offer
In Memoriam for all BE

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:59 pm

Belisama wrote:
Zimoon wrote:I will check if there is one for plain mails, but for auction mails there is, at the Trade tab an at the menu. I think it is at the File menu, but I may be wrong. Have a look at the help text at the Trade window.
found it!

Mange tak :)
Bel
Good, no there is no such feature for plain mails.
However, because I plan to simplify mail management somehow, soon, I will look into that now.

If anybody is curious, I will still move mails, both due to performance and for categorizing them into trade, isd, etc, as it is now. Maybe even more for guild and for city support. But the data will not be kept in SWGAide, just the files at hard disk. That will easy several things but mainly for users who want to move SWGAide, switch to another computer, or reinstall SWG at another location, just copy the SWGAide folder to a USB-stick or whatever and carry it over, find the SWG folder at the other computer, done. It will also shrink the SWGAide.DAT file.

/Zim

Seldom_Bored
Novice Crafter

Post by Seldom_Bored » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:02 pm

That would be great if we could easily sort through all of the mails and such. More sorting would be great. After schematics that is. ;)

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:25 pm

Already today you can create custom folders, but auto-sort is just there for auction and isd mails. I actually tried filtered sorting, but at that time too many odd cases caused problems so I defered it :(

/Zimoon

Seldom_Bored
Novice Crafter

Post by Seldom_Bored » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:30 pm

Ah. I really should do some experimenting with SWGAide then. Didn't know about that.

Seldom

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:14 pm

Right click wherever, that is risk free --- as long as you do not select some option :P

passionfly1
Apprentice Crafter

Post by passionfly1 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:37 am

I am having problems still even starting SWGAide 07.84 It is just like the previous 5 to 6 versions that I have not been able to start at all. This is starting to become seriously frustrating where version after version is released and I am hoping it will even start and open and again I get let down and nothing works to start SWGAide. I am just about ready to give up beta testing this as its so frustrating to get no response to my previous solution to this starting problem.

Here is the error log from the 07.84 version when it tries to start and just hangs

[Sun Jan 24 06:23:05 EST 2010 | version 0.7.84 == EXCEPTION == Caught in main: Argument is not "profiles": C:\Program Files\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\Star Wars Galaxies\profiles
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Argument is not "profiles": C:\Program Files\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\Star Wars Galaxies\profiles
at swg.model.SWGStation.scanForStations(SWGStation.java:502)
at swg.model.SWGStation.scanForNewStations(SWGStation.java:456)
at swg.gui.SWGInitialize.scanForStations(SWGInitialize.java:756)
at swg.gui.SWGInitialize.scanAll(SWGInitialize.java:525)
at swg.gui.SWGFrame.initTabPane(SWGFrame.java:1002)
at swg.gui.SWGFrame.<init>(SWGFrame.java:268)
at swg.SWGAide.main(SWGAide.java:154)

My folder is located on D:\Program Files (x86)\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games and not that location it is trying to find above. My location is the valid location if you use the Station Launcher to reinstall SWG under its own umbrella of folders structure. I have asked in the past to allow us to specifically choose where the folder is located before the application is open but it seems this is not possible to do with this utility so I give up. I will continue to use 07.33 since it does work and continue to not crash on me when starting it.

If you hard code into SWGAide the location of the SWG directory or have it do a search you will be moving SWGAide backwards in development in my opinion and my good advice will be forgotten. Hard Coding or having SWGAide do the search cause problems not only with just STARTING it but the email structure for multiple toons and a host of other issues of pulling multiple profiles into SWGAide.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:39 pm

Two options:

If you do not have anything valuable in the DAT file, delete it and do a new installation. Just take it easy at that point where you should find&select the path to SWG.

If you have run the new SWG and you have stuff in the DAT file that you want to keep, send the DAT file to my ebox "simongronlund which is at gmail dotsidotsi com" and I will fix it for you. Include the exact path to the SWG folder. That is, in the SWG folder, select the file named SwgClient_r.exe, open its properties, copy the content at "location", and paste it into the mail as is.

It seems you have an entry in the DAT file for an old or false location. I wrote about that in some other thread, that this is a limitation in SWGAide not to be able to edit this path. It is on my backlog but I only have 24 hours a day 8)

/Zimoon

passionfly1
Apprentice Crafter

Post by passionfly1 » Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:38 pm

Zimoon wrote:Two options:

If you do not have anything valuable in the DAT file, delete it and do a new installation. Just take it easy at that point where you should find&select the path to SWG.

If you have run the new SWG and you have stuff in the DAT file that you want to keep, send the DAT file to my ebox "simongronlund which is at gmail dotsidotsi com" and I will fix it for you. Include the exact path to the SWG folder. That is, in the SWG folder, select the file named SwgClient_r.exe, open its properties, copy the content at "location", and paste it into the mail as is.

It seems you have an entry in the DAT file for an old or false location. I wrote about that in some other thread, that this is a limitation in SWGAide not to be able to edit this path. It is on my backlog but I only have 24 hours a day 8)

/Zimoon
ok, I did that with 07.84 version. Here are the steps I took to get the new version to finally open.

1) copied the 07.33 version DAT file into the 07.84 folder
2) ran the scrubber on the DAT file
3) DELETED the DAT file (this is important because the scrubbed DAT file will NOT open up 07.75 - 07.84 version of SWGAide at all it just hangs so deletion is crucial)
4) since the scrubbed DAT file has removed the inventory, harvesters and guards portions of the original DAT you can just import these panes into their respective areas from the Transit/[server name] folder.
5) Verify data is all there.

I was monstrous trouble getting SWGAide 07.75 - 07.84 to start with just a the original 07.33 DAT file even after scrubbing. For some reason it would not use the original DAT file and would hand the whole process. This is a major stumbling block for a smooth upgrade of SWGAide I think. What ultimately needs to be done is to have the scrubber remove the pertinent sections like inventory, guards and harvesters and just wipe the actual DAT file like I did manually and have the scrubber reimport those section automatically. This would allow for a complete hands-off process in the entire upgrade.

Zimoon, I even sent you a private email to d/l my 07.33 DAT file from my Skydrive but I figured you got tied up to do that so I just went ahead and did this workaround.

The upside is that now FINALLY, I am able to work in 07.84 and it does feel much snappier. I did notice the harvester pane (placed harvesters) have an import function now but I have no idea idea how to import this from previous versions as they do not have an export function (importing from 07.33, for example). I suppose this is for the 07.84 version and forward this feature will be available.

The new version takes about 11 restarts of the software to push any current resources to show. There is no function to force a pull-down of the current resource list from the server that I can find.

The other thing I need to work out is to now take all my emails from all the previous versions of SWGAide and my original SWG profiles folder and create a master folder to then allow 07.84 to import all these emails. I have emails strung out all over the place testing out all the various flavors of SWGAide.

I am not sure but it does seem like some previous version of SWGAide pulled out and deleted the emails rom the original SWG profiles folder as it sucked them all into SWGAide. I do see large chunks of my email I used for tracking customers missing and I need to consolidate these separate folders to have everything under one master folder.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:54 pm

Comments inlined with the immediate context. I read your post most seriously, do not doubt that. I will verify some issues but I will not make another scrubber for 0.7.33. However, would it be necessary in the future, I will consider other means for sure.
passionfly1 wrote:... the scrubbed DAT file will NOT open up 07.75 - 07.84 version of SWGAide at all it just hangs so deletion is crucial)
Must check this, it should work.
passionfly1 wrote:... email to d/l my 07.33 DAT file from my Skydrive but I figured you got tied up
Eeh, I am sorry if I have I missed an email, work has been heavy since of December, hopefully last week was the cool-down period.
passionfly1 wrote:... the harvester pane (placed harvesters) have an import function now
There should be a file in the "transit" folder for the harvesters and users that you had defined in 0.7.33. Perhaps this scrubber-feature was added in an updated version of the scrubber ??-)
passionfly1 wrote:... The new version takes about 11 restarts of the software to push any current resources to show.
Have you ticked the option for "auto-update" in the Options >>> SWGCraft? There you select your main galaxy, select the check-box, and set your user-name/password to this site. Sounds like you have not and the 11 restarts is perhaps the ½ hour between file exports from this site :)
passionfly1 wrote:... There is no function to force a pull-down of the current resource list from the server
With auto-update it is not necessary. Also, if you switch to another galaxy than your main galaxy it will update by itself within a few seconds, does it not?
passionfly1 wrote:... I have emails strung out all over the place testing out all the various flavors of SWGAide.
Mails that have been handled by SWGAide, use Windows' file explorer and drag them into the appropriate mail folder in SWGAide. Untouched mails, just consolidate them in SWG's profiles folder. SWGAide picks up all stray mails in SWG and its own mail folder.
passionfly1 wrote:... previous version of SWGAide pulled out and deleted the emails rom the original SWG profiles folder...
SWGAide has always moved mails from SWG into its mail folder, and still does, so, yes. But they are not deleted, not even in a worst case scenario.

I am astonished by the energy and the work you have put into this report and I will check-up a few things. Definitely.

Thanks a lot

/Zimoon

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:27 am

I am sorry that I have not published any news or updates in a while. This is why:

IRL has been hectic since mid-December and it still is, and I mean a lot hectic. To chill out I have played SWG a lot more than I used to 8)

So, are there any news? Yes, here at SWGCraft Sobuno has executed almost everything I have asked him to update. That is why you have seen loads of traffic about schematics and categories. And that is just the visible traffic, then there are PMs and mails and the moderator forum too 8) These updates benefit this site, and they support SWGAide. The supporting data structure now mimics SWG a lot more and a lot better.

wzydhek did an outstanding update to loads of schematics, less fields that were empty or in error. Sobuno executed on his suggestions.

Earlier today I finished a section in SWGAide related to categories and schematics. There is just a small detail I am wating for, but then it is just a few minutes work with that. This means that I am now back to GUI coding. And from the poll in the nearby thread I see that a majority wants the same style I wanted, a tree-like style :D

Time-frame? Don't push me ;)

Next upgrade? There might be another upgrade before the first attempt for a schematics "browser" goes public. I have fixed a few bugs in my local version, which is 100% stable now*. At least for me :P

Just ask if there is something.
Now, have fun :)

/Zimoon

* "stable" does not equal "bug free" --- it means "no crashes"; I welcome bug reports :)
Last edited by Zimoon on Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added footnote