SWGAide --- Your SWG Swizz Knife

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: SWGAide --- version 0.7.83

Post by Zimoon » Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:04 pm

SWGAide version 0.7.83 is now available.

From the history file:
  • Modified harvester warnings, now only one time governs all reminder types.
  • Now active harvesters give an acoustic and visual alert when the specified reminder time begins.
  • Fixed a bug at the submit-resources panel plus improved its error handling.
  • Fixed a null pointer bug in ISDroid notes-file reader.
  • Added safety check against opening-a-missing file error.
  • Fixed a bug with filtering at inventory panel.
Enjoy
/Zimoon

Tharek Tolemac
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Tharek Tolemac » Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:19 pm

Happy new Year all first!

Now, I think I found a bug:

When I filter inventory from a filter, the inventory shows the filtered stuff. When I then change to another filter, the inventory page blanks and even when selecting "all" it stays that way.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:35 pm

Tharek Tolemac wrote:...
When I filter inventory from a filter, the inventory shows the filtered stuff. When I then change to another filter, the inventory page blanks and even when selecting "all" it stays that way.
Is this in SWGAide 0.7.83? It sounds as the bug that I fixed in the most recent version.
/Zimoon

Tharek Tolemac
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Tharek Tolemac » Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:01 pm

Hmm... I was quiet sure I had Version 0.7.83 already. But now I cant repeat the bug, so I guess you are right and it is solved already.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:20 pm

Tharek Tolemac wrote:Hmm... I was quiet sure I had Version 0.7.83 already. But now I cant repeat the bug, so I guess you are right and it is solved already.
Thanks for the quick feedback, yes, I was silly enough not to test every bit in and out when I tampered with selection-retention at the different panels for 0.7.82 :oops:
/Z

Nidin
Novice Crafter

Post by Nidin » Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:28 pm

a bug report explanation, I don't think I would be able to recreate this easily, and what I was doing may have just been a coincidence.

I did a mail save just as I heard a guard alert, I tabbed from in game to check what the guard was and clicked on the current resource tab from my inventory tab. The app froze for about 30 seconds, presumably writing to the err log file, and I closed the app.

The app had been running for a couple hours because I was updating inventory.

The attached log file was clean prior to this as I do keep an eye on it normally (for just this purpose)
Attachments
SWGAide-ERROR.TXT
(12.77 KiB) Downloaded 189 times

Tharek Tolemac
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Tharek Tolemac » Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:26 pm

Tharek Tolemac wrote:Happy new Year all first!

Now, I think I found a bug:

I think the bug is still in Version 0.7.83.

I did the following steps:
  • Started SWGAide
  • Filtered Inventory from a guard.
  • Went to the inventory and changed something in the filtered resources.
  • Changed filter to another guard.
  • Inventory is blank then.
Actually, if you dont change something in the inventory, the filter switch works as intended... once you change something (I added notes to a resource), it bugs and you have to restart SWGAide to show inventory again.

It is repeatable that way.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:05 pm

Nidin wrote:a bug report explanation, I don't think I would be able to recreate this easily, and what I was doing may have just been a coincidence.

I did a mail save just as I heard a guard alert, I tabbed from in game to check what the guard was and clicked on the current resource tab from my inventory tab. The app froze for about 30 seconds, presumably writing to the err log file, and I closed the app.

The app had been running for a couple hours because I was updating inventory.

The attached log file was clean prior to this as I do keep an eye on it normally (for just this purpose)
Thanks, yes, this is one bug I found and fixed a few days ago and it will be included in the next update.
The solution at this point is, never have an entry selected at the Inventory table while switching between panels or tabs. Click "Clear" before leaving Inventory if there is a selected entry.

Thanks for the nice bug report, you can delete the error file now if you want to.

Greetings
/Zimoon

Nidin
Novice Crafter

Post by Nidin » Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:34 pm

Zimoon wrote: Thanks, yes, this is one bug I found and fixed a few days ago and it will be included in the next update.
The solution at this point is, never have an entry selected at the Inventory table while switching between panels or tabs. Click "Clear" before leaving Inventory if there is a selected entry.

Greetings
/Zimoon

You're the best!

Thanks Z

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:40 pm

TT, I just tried this and could not repeat.

Now when I see the description I am pretty sure it is the bug I mentioned just above, the one Nidin reported.

When you edit something you also select an entry, don't you? And then ...
If you click "Clear" just before you go to filter from another guard, does it still behave this way?
Does the error-log file look almost the same as Nidin's error log file? Towards the end?

EDITED: But I must say I am not 100% sure this is the error. I have tried both edit at the table cell, and using the dialog, still not 100% sure.

I will do my best to publish another update within a few days. I had hoped to find out why guards does not update as they should when I submit resources manually, but I think I know what it is and I must just tear myself apart from the schematics coding 8)

Cheers
/Zimoon

PS: Thanks Nidin :D

Tharek Tolemac
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Tharek Tolemac » Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:44 pm

Zimoon wrote:Now when I see the description I am pretty sure it is the bug I mentioned just above, the one Nidin reported.
I think so too. But I am on Version 83. Just wanted to mention it as we before thought it was on Version 82.

Dont know if I can provide anything else to help you... otherwise, it isnt a mayor problem since you can easily avoid it, if you want.

Will test it on another computer tomorrow too.
Zimoon wrote:When you edit something you also select an entry, don't you? And then ...
If you click "Clear" just before you go to filter from another guard, does it still behave this way?
Does the error-log file look almost the same as Nidin's error log file? Towards the end?
I used the dialog to add the notes.

When I use clear, it shows all resources as it should. When I then filter another guard, the mistake is there again.

The error code is here, I think it is the same:
Attachments
SWGAide-ERROR.TXT
(4.59 KiB) Downloaded 181 times

fyrye
Novice Crafter

Post by fyrye » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:52 pm

PS: If anybody knows of somebody, a friend of a third cousins aunt will do just fine, that can hint me on where to read up on patching hot-fixes on a running Java application, I would owe you big. What I mean is, some of the later bug fixes are so small that if it indeed is possible I would want SWGAide to auto-download just a small file and apply it on itself. I guess it is possible but just don't have the time and no clue on where to start looking. A link to somewhere at Internet will do fine too
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1254 ... plications

May be something you're looking for, but am unsure atm if it is only for major revisions instead of minor updates, in either case should work for what you're trying to accomplish, or at least point you in a direction you can start to work with.

Java Web Start supports versioned JARs and incremental updates.
java web start site.

ATM however, it appears the link to current resources is broken
EG: http://www.swgcraft.org/dev/sendfile.ph ... ner.xml.gz
returns file not found.
So the window above the resources that categorizes them for filtering comes up blank for new installs.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:01 pm

fyrye wrote:
PS: If anybody knows of somebody, a friend of a third cousins aunt will do just fine, that can hint me on where to read up on patching hot-fixes on a running Java application, I would owe you big. What I mean is, some of the later bug fixes are so small that if it indeed is possible I would want SWGAide to auto-download just a small file and apply it on itself. I guess it is possible but just don't have the time and no clue on where to start looking. A link to somewhere at Internet will do fine too
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1254 ... plications

May be something you're looking for, but am unsure atm if it is only for major revisions instead of minor updates, in either case should work for what you're trying to accomplish, or at least point you in a direction you can start to work with.

Java Web Start supports versioned JARs and incremental updates.
java web start site.

ATM however, it appears the link to current resources is broken
EG: http://www.swgcraft.org/dev/sendfile.ph ... ner.xml.gz
returns file not found.
So the window above the resources that categorizes them for filtering comes up blank for new installs.
Thanks a bunch, I will have a look when the dark cloud at my schedule-horizon has scattered.

The ....ile.php?file=currentresources_Sunrunner.xml.gz
I am still at work so ... Does SWGAide set that file name? Or ... ?
It should be lower s in sunrunner.

/Zimoon

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:46 pm

I just got home and tested a new install of 0.7.83, there is no problem with Sunrunner.

I have to ask if you at Options >>> SWGCraft edited the field for resource-path, the URL there? If you did, that is not necessary but an option in the case something happens with SWGCraft.org or anything else, a worst case scenario possibility to edit the URL. If you did, remove the content altogether from that input field and SWGAide will reset the content. the %GALAXY% is replaced by the galaxy for the character you have selected at the "Main" panel.

Or is there another error?

/Zimoon

fyrye
Novice Crafter

Post by fyrye » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:21 am

Zimoon wrote:I just got home and tested a new install of 0.7.83, there is no problem with Sunrunner.

I have to ask if you at Options >>> SWGCraft edited the field for resource-path, the URL there? If you did, that is not necessary but an option in the case something happens with SWGCraft.org or anything else, a worst case scenario possibility to edit the URL. If you did, remove the content altogether from that input field and SWGAide will reset the content. the %GALAXY% is replaced by the galaxy for the character you have selected at the "Main" panel.

Or is there another error?

/Zimoon
Nope didn't edit it, was just using the url i gave as an example, all lowercase worked though. Assumed SWGAide wasn't downloading/extracting/reading the file and it was the the cause of the resource filtering not being shown and attempted to manually update the resources using the URL.

So I guess my issue is that the filtering window in Resources->Current Resources is blank(all white no text or folders) after a fresh install (was working prior to fresh install).

Went to get a fresh zip as well, deleted both the SWGAide folder and the original zip, and download link seems to be down as well.
If I can reproduce once I'm able to get a copy, I'll email dat/logs.

**EDIT**
Re-downloaded and did a fresh install again, everything works, didn't change anything from original attempt. Ah computers...
Last edited by fyrye on Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.