SWGAide --- Your SWG Swizz Knife

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Belisama
Intermediate Crafter

Re: SWGAide --- version 0.7.78

Post by Belisama » Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:39 am

Hoi,

ok, after about 5 minutes i decide to restart my computer.
I started old SWGAide, that needed a couple of seconds to start (maybe a half minute). Then i close it and try to start new SWGAide. After another 3 min it's still not there.

I forgot to note: After deleting that char.files and logging in with Beli I started SWGAide and it was empty (no mails at all). So i closed it. And try to restart it. And since then it don't open anymore...

Best
Beli
Your domestic trader at Starsider TOG Mall: Tat WP -5101 -3308
You have resource for sale ? Check the TOG Holonet Channel for my offer
In Memoriam for all BE

dratsablive
Novice Crafter

Post by dratsablive » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:51 pm

Finally ran the upgrade, and all seems to be working fine :)

Thanks for all the work on this

Drat'sa/SEA/Chimaera
Wunsa/Chimaera

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:04 pm

Thanks a lot dratsablive

Hmmm, Beli, this was not good, indeed not. And I am ashamed of myself :oops:

So, now you can open SWG but you cannot use SWGAide, and the log files, do they say anything sensible?

I am on my way to have a look at the DAT file, then I will debug what SWGAide really does when it starts. It is possible you have run into something that nobody else has faced during 2 years, a bug has been there all the time just waiting to bite. In the new version I have not changed a single letter in that code so...

I will send you back that file so you can reinstate it, unless you have it in your Windows trash bin?

Will be back shortly 8)

/Zimoon

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:59 pm

Belisama, I have a solution for you.
The problem is that you once had that other Belisama Tourista which now blocks Belisama Lotham.

I cannot really blame this on SWGAide as this is a very rare situation, there is not many players that have such a name change.

There are actually two things we can do, you and me:
1) I patch the DAT file you sent me and return it but without that Belisama Tourista and mail it back
2) I patch up the Conversion Utility only for you and you "re-install" the new SWGAide

I guess the fastest is the first option, if I get it to work ;)

Long-term I must change SWGAide so it handles the situation. This is an option at each character to delete the character. I need to think of exactly how that would be done in a safe way, but one thing is sure, it must erase any trace of that character from SWG\profiles\... so it must really be an in-game-deleted toon. It is not necessary to delete any mails saved into the mails folder, but just some renaming, hence no data is deleted but it is made invisible.

What I am curious and surprised about is that you say that you deleted the character-TXT file, launched SWG, and it was re-created with "Belisama Tourista". Please verify, did SWG really put back that name but not Lotham??? :shock: If it does it is a bug in SWG and I must scrutinize what SWGAide really reads from this file.

On a side note, you have mail folders with over 11,000, 14,000, 16,000, and 17,000 mails. This takes quite some time to load for SWGAide, does it not? At least for auction mails there are options to archive mails. However, it looks like I should add so that nothing is stored in the DAT file for mails in the trash folder, that seems unnecessary and would shrink its size somewhat.

/Zimoon

Ce'Nedra
Novice Crafter

Post by Ce'Nedra » Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:04 pm

Is there an option to manually synchronize resources? When I switch galaxies, those resources don't refresh, they remain as they were the last time I happened to open SWGAide with that galaxy selected. In fact, it won't even refresh if I select a toon in the galaxy, exit SWGAide, then reopen it. I even changed the default galaxy with the auto update option checked, closed and restarted SWGAide and the resources still weren't refreshed. A manual refresh option would be a big help, if that's even remotely possible.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:37 pm

Ce'Nedra wrote:Is there an option to manually synchronize resources? When I switch galaxies, those resources don't refresh, they remain as they were the last time I happened to open SWGAide with that galaxy selected. In fact, it won't even refresh if I select a toon in the galaxy, exit SWGAide, then reopen it. I even changed the default galaxy with the auto update option checked, closed and restarted SWGAide and the resources still weren't refreshed. A manual refresh option would be a big help, if that's even remotely possible.
This is odd, I have never seen this and I do switch galaxies a lot.
Do you have auto-update selected for your main galaxy?
At the current resources panel, what does the time stamp in the lower right corner read? Is it within an hour?
/Zimoon

Nidin
Novice Crafter

Post by Nidin » Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:55 pm

I am one of the 'Silent Majority' on this site, I come and go, check my resources, report the resources that Edra hasn't beat me to on Bria. (side note: Edra, you are a machine! I would bet >90% of the reported resources on Bria come from you. Truly thank you <3 you must work the same hours as I do because every time I check the most recent update you just beat me by <30 minutes.)

I read the majority of posts here but reserve comments because I know there will soon be a better informed, more articulate response before too long.

I will say that at first I was hesitant to try this application, instead keeping track of harvesters by spreadsheet and checking current resources here.

Not too long ago I decided to finally try this app, and Z, I must thank you, I can only imagine the amount of time that has gone into this over the life of the game, and for nothing more then pleasing this community. (I'm sure tips would be accepted :D)

If there were others that assisted in the development and testing I would also like to pass along my thanks.

Ce'Nedra
Novice Crafter

Post by Ce'Nedra » Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:09 am

Zimoon wrote:
Ce'Nedra wrote:Is there an option to manually synchronize resources? When I switch galaxies, those resources don't refresh, they remain as they were the last time I happened to open SWGAide with that galaxy selected. In fact, it won't even refresh if I select a toon in the galaxy, exit SWGAide, then reopen it. I even changed the default galaxy with the auto update option checked, closed and restarted SWGAide and the resources still weren't refreshed. A manual refresh option would be a big help, if that's even remotely possible.
This is odd, I have never seen this and I do switch galaxies a lot.
Do you have auto-update selected for your main galaxy?
At the current resources panel, what does the time stamp in the lower right corner read? Is it within an hour?
/Zimoon
Oh crumbs, I never even noticed the time stamp. They're all the same, and yes, within an hour. I'll keep an eye on it though, because my main is Chilastra, but my secondary is Chimaera, and I definitely remember seeing Chim's newest resources at being 3 days old, while Chilastra's was only hours old. If I see an irregularity like that again, I'll be sure to screenie it next time.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:49 am

Hehe, yaa, unless somebody submits resources they will read the same. Feel welcome to join and submit whatever news you find :)

/Zimoon

Belisama
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Belisama » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:45 am

Zimoon wrote:There are actually two things we can do, you and me:
1) I patch the DAT file you sent me and return it but without that Belisama Tourista and mail it back
2) I patch up the Conversion Utility only for you and you "re-install" the new SWGAide

As i mailed - it didn't work :(
Belisama Tourista is still listed there. I guess it pickes the name from the character-list from SWG.
The strange thing is: the old SWGAide list Belisama Lotham (with a lot of mails) *and* Belisama Tourista (without mails).
Zimoon wrote:What I am curious and surprised about is that you say that you deleted the character-TXT file, launched SWG, and it was re-created with "Belisama Tourista". Please verify, did SWG really put back that name but not Lotham??? :shock: If it does it is a bug in SWG and I must scrutinize what SWGAide really reads from this file.
Definitly - it recreate it. With Belisama Tourista. That's the name at the character selection screen.
Zimoon wrote:On a side note, you have mail folders with over 11,000, 14,000, 16,000, and 17,000 mails. This takes quite some time to load for SWGAide, does it not? At least for auction mails there are options to archive mails. However, it looks like I should add so that nothing is stored in the DAT file for mails in the trash folder, that seems unnecessary and would shrink its size somewhat.
I can live with the time it need. But if i archive them. Does they still show up in the statistics ?
I thought archive them store them away for later use. And that means that all statistics and all name list are made without them...

Best
Bel
In Memoriam for all BE

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:59 pm

Belisama wrote:
Zimoon wrote:There are actually two things we can do, you and me:

As i mailed - it didn't work :(
Belisama Tourista is still listed there. I guess it pickes the name from the character-list from SWG.
The strange thing is: the old SWGAide list Belisama Lotham (with a lot of mails) *and* Belisama Tourista (without mails).
Have read the mails now.
It is no problem that Tourista is in the character.TXT file, but if there is folders in
SWG -->> profiles >> mail_Belisama Tourista
or
SWGAide >> mails >> Belisama Tourista
these will block Belisama Lotham. Or more accurate, the one that is picked up first by SWGAide will block the other. That is why you must move away the Tourista folder from both SWG and SWGAide\mails.

Zimoon wrote:What I am curious and surprised about is that you say that you deleted the character-TXT file, launched SWG, and it was re-created with "Belisama Tourista". Please verify, did SWG really put back that name but not Lotham??? :shock: If it does it is a bug in SWG and I must scrutinize what SWGAide really reads from this file.
Definitly - it recreate it. With Belisama Tourista. That's the name at the character selection screen.
AAAhhhh, so SOE just changed the in-game name but not at login screen. Huh, that was bad. But as said, not so important for SWGAide.
Zimoon wrote:On a side note, you have mail folders with over 11,000, 14,000, 16,000, and 17,000 mails. This takes quite some time to load for SWGAide, does it not? At least for auction mails there are options to archive mails. However, it looks like I should add so that nothing is stored in the DAT file for mails in the trash folder, that seems unnecessary and would shrink its size somewhat.
They will not show up in statistics, but you can choose to view them from archive while they are still archived. Honestly I don't remember if that displays in the archive or not.

Personally I archive everything but that reinstate the current year so I kind of have every year by itself :)
I can live with the time it need. But if i archive them. Does they still show up in the statistics ?
I thought archive them store them away for later use. And that means that all statistics and all name list are made without them...

Best
Bel

Belisama
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Belisama » Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:39 pm

Zimoon wrote:It is no problem that Tourista is in the character.TXT file, but if there is folders in
or
these will block Belisama Lotham. Or more accurate, the one that is picked up first by SWGAide will block the other. That is why you must move away the Tourista folder from both SWG and SWGAide\mails
Deleted the folder with Tourista at SWG and SWGAide
started new SWGAide - still only Tourista listed...
Zimoon wrote:AAAhhhh, so SOE just changed the in-game name but not at login screen. Huh, that was bad. But as said, not so important for SWGAide.
Seems it is :/

Best
Bel
In Memoriam for all BE

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:20 pm

Belisama wrote:
Zimoon wrote:It is no problem that Tourista is in the character.TXT file, but if there is folders in
or
these will block Belisama Lotham. Or more accurate, the one that is picked up first by SWGAide will block the other. That is why you must move away the Tourista folder from both SWG and SWGAide\mails
Deleted the folder with Tourista at SWG and SWGAide
started new SWGAide - still only Tourista listed...

When you say "listed" here, do you mean in the new SWGAide? Or in the characterlist.TXT file?
1 If it is in the file, that is nothing I can do about.
2 If it is in SWGAide:
.... are you using the DAT file I mailed you?
.... if you are using that file and there are no mail folders for Tourista in either SWG and SWGAide, then I really need to walk this through letter by letter in the code. Otherwise I feel case closed.

Belisama
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Belisama » Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:14 pm

Zimoon wrote:When you say "listed" here, do you mean in the new SWGAide? Or in the characterlist.TXT file?
2 If it is in SWGAide:
.... if you are using that file and there are no mail folders for Tourista in either SWG and SWGAide, then I really need to walk this through letter by letter in the code. Otherwise I feel case closed.
Of course i mean SWGAide. I don't care about that character-list.txt. ;)
And yes - i used the DAT-File you mailed.

Best
Bel.
In Memoriam for all BE

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:46 pm

Belisama wrote:
Zimoon wrote:When you say "listed" here, do you mean in the new SWGAide? Or in the characterlist.TXT file?
2 If it is in SWGAide:
Of course i mean SWGAide. I don't care about that character-list.txt. ;)
And yes - i used the DAT-File you mailed.

Best
Bel.
I have now verified that I did not remove the wrong character from the DAT file I sent you, I got worried for a moment. The characters that were in the file I returned where (at Starsider and that station):
Antal Lotham, Belisma Lotham, Rienco Lotham

I know I sound crazy but ... is it the file I sent you with a date/time stamp December 9, 22:46 ?? I ask mainly so it is not the file I sent you but it was "updated" when you started SWGAide once with that Tourista folder in the file system. If it is the file I sent you, and it has the mentioned timestamp, then I must spend my weekend going through that piece of code and see ... :oops:

/Zimoon