Newb needs help

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Rowa
Novice Crafter

Newb needs help

Post by Rowa » Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:48 am

I just don't get it or something is wrong. I am trying to add users and/or harvesters. I have clicked on the harvesters tab, but when I right clicky on the harvester box or user box nothing happens, no options appear. I clicked on them a million times and every other box in the window as well. What am I missing here?

Paria
Apprentice Crafter

Re: Newb needs help

Post by Paria » Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:13 am

I think that this option does not exist anymore on harvesters.
You can transfer ownership anyway with /transferStructure chat command.

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:24 am

Paria is correct. In an attempt to curb crossserver Harvester farms, the devs made it so only the "owner" of the Harvester has access to it. Generally that means the player who placed the Harvester, but, as Paria has noted, you can transfer ownership with the /transferstructure command.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:55 am

Hmmm, I think Rowa is asking about the Harvesters panel in SWGAide, at least considering the subject for the forum board ;)

And if so, if this really is about SWGAide...
You must define one or more harvesters.
You must also define one or more users.
This is done at the upper left and the upper right panels respectively, a right-hand mouse click away.

I have had one or two reports during the last two years regarding mouse clicks not "taking" but in spite of extensive email/PM-dialog we could never pinpoint the cause. Can you tell if you have some special mouse settings. Or some special mouse? Mouse driver? Of course it should work but ...

Does this help? Or is this not about SWGAide?

/Zimoon

PS: There is a bug, in some cases after you have opened the Create/Edit harvester it will lock itself as if there is no harvesters. Workaround: exit SWGAide and restart. This bug was finally pinpointed and remedied while fixing the new SWGAide.

Rowa
Novice Crafter

Post by Rowa » Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:27 am

Zimoon, you got it. Question is about SWGAide. Great program you have by the way, and would like to use it to its full potential, but the right clicking doesn't work or do anything. I've right clicked and left clicked everywhere in the damn thing. But assume it is suppose to work when I right click on Harvester in the upper left corner, and user in the upper right corner. But, it doesnt. Nothing special about my moust that I know of, just a plain ole Logitech laser type 5 buttons, I think, mouse.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:48 am

Actually SWGAide does nothing special with mouse input whatsoever, this is why I am puzzled. I mean, any GUI based application relies on Windows (or whatever operating system) to generate what is called an "event" when you click at anything, the up/down/left/right arrows, keys, whatever, all of them generate an event. First the operating system routes the event towards the application which is in focus. If it is Java (or any other "framework") the event is taken over by the base framework and routed the last way to the application, possibly some side effects along the way, but that is it. SWGAide receives the event and some effect is triggered. In your case it seems as the event never reaches SWGAide.

I will put together a very small test utility and see if that gives me an idea. Either I PM it to you or if I PM a download link to you and you just follow the instructions and PM the output file back to me, please.

/Zimoon

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:57 am

Hmm, I attach the test tool here. It just grabs some mouse input and writes to file. Attach or paste the output to your response.
/Z

NaeBliss
Apprentice Crafter

Post by NaeBliss » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:47 pm

just to be sure your right clicking INSIDE the harvester panel to create one?

good luck