SWG Aide - Armor Smith Guards

Moderator: Forum Moderator

RebelDawg
Apprentice Crafter

SWG Aide - Armor Smith Guards

Post by RebelDawg » Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:24 am

What with the Login server being busted all the time recently I decided to do some Guards for SWG AIde. Somewhere I had printed out an Entire list of Armorsmith resources, as called out in Schematics. I entered all of them with an OQ=800(80%) and SR=80% of the resource gate. For instance Chromite Carbonite Ore has an SR gate of 150-289. So I made the SR guard at 269. I used SR because that is what the vast majority of AS schematics call for. Now that I have done the guards I am wondering how to share them with the community. Especially new AS crafters. Any help would be appreciated

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: SWG Aide - Armor Smith Guards

Post by Zimoon » Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:00 pm

RebelDawg wrote:What with the Login server being busted all the time recently I decided to do some Guards for SWG AIde. Somewhere I had printed out an Entire list of Armorsmith resources, as called out in Schematics. I entered all of them with an OQ=800(80%) and SR=80% of the resource gate. For instance Chromite Carbonite Ore has an SR gate of 150-289. So I made the SR guard at 269. I used SR because that is what the vast majority of AS schematics call for. Now that I have done the guards I am wondering how to share them with the community. Especially new AS crafters. Any help would be appreciated
Right click the list of guards, choose export. In the case you have named them cleverly you should be able to edit away surplus guards line by line in any kind of text editor. Save as TXT or CSV (comma separated values). Attach the file to a post in the AS forum.

You can also add comments in the notes field, would you like to, they are also exported.

Good initiative :)

/Zimoon

RebelDawg
Apprentice Crafter

Post by RebelDawg » Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:19 pm

Zimoon wrote:
RebelDawg wrote:What with the Login server being busted all the time recently I decided to do some Guards for SWG AIde. Somewhere I had printed out an Entire list of Armorsmith resources, as called out in Schematics. I entered all of them with an OQ=800(80%) and SR=80% of the resource gate. For instance Chromite Carbonite Ore has an SR gate of 150-289. So I made the SR guard at 269. I used SR because that is what the vast majority of AS schematics call for. Now that I have done the guards I am wondering how to share them with the community. Especially new AS crafters. Any help would be appreciated
Right click the list of guards, choose export. In the case you have named them cleverly you should be able to edit away surplus guards line by line in any kind of text editor. Save as TXT or CSV (comma separated values). Attach the file to a post in the AS forum.

You can also add comments in the notes field, would you like to, they are also exported.

Good initiative :)

/Zimoon

I just named the guards the same as the resource. In the notes section I typed "AS - xxxxx". Where xxxxx was what schematics called for that particular resource. I will have to go back and rename them as "AS - resource name". Especially since I plan on doing the same thing for all the other Trader professions. Main reason is that I find actual crafting to be a pain in the rear, but resource hunting/mining for selling is fun. I started with AS because that is what I am currently specced out to be

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:02 pm

I can assure you that your effort will be greatly appreciated by the community, a great contribution, and thanks in advance.

/Zimoon

RebelDawg
Apprentice Crafter

Post by RebelDawg » Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:57 am

I tried to attatch my guard file both as a .csv and a .txt but got message saying these formats not allowed?

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:56 am

RebelDawg wrote:I tried to attatch my guard file both as a .csv and a .txt but got message saying these formats not allowed?
I believe this issue was resolved yesterday, Sobuno found that there was a limitation on the files size (copy & paste error ;)). Yes, to avoid evil code that could possibly damage the site server only ZIP, and image files are allowed for. But I think the issue is resolved already.

/Zimoon

EDITED: Aaah, here it is http://www.swgcraft.co.uk/forums/viewto ... 594#p10594

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:45 pm

Zimoon wrote:
RebelDawg wrote:I tried to attatch my guard file both as a .csv and a .txt but got message saying these formats not allowed?
I believe this issue was resolved yesterday, Sobuno found that there was a limitation on the files size (copy & paste error ;)). Yes, to avoid evil code that could possibly damage the site server only ZIP, and image files are allowed for. But I think the issue is resolved already.

/Zimoon

EDITED: Aaah, here it is http://www.swgcraft.co.uk/forums/viewto ... 594#p10594
I was actually refering to the SWGAide -> JnF converter and JnF -> SWGAide converter in that post.

Plain-text files (.csv, .txt + more) are now allowed to be attached to posts here.

RebelDawg
Apprentice Crafter

Post by RebelDawg » Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:04 am

YAY.....attatchment worked.

Here are the Guards I created
Attachments
AS_Guards.csv
(6.73 KiB) Downloaded 358 times

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:20 am

Awesome job, just brilliant :D

/Zimoon

dmac1024
Novice Crafter

Post by dmac1024 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:45 am

Let me second that ovation. The guards work like a dream. Personally i reformatted the whole table and used 50 for OQ and 50 for SR and rate 800 so that when plugged into the guard table, it generates a hit when using the experimental values and a defined rate, i get a hit for any resource that scores above 800.

I personally can't wait until the Chef and WS guard tables come out. :D

dmac1024
Novice Crafter

Post by dmac1024 » Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:47 am

I got tired of waiting and decided to test this format with WS guards. The list isnt by any means complete, but it will give some idea of what is possible. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks to RebelDawg to getting this started. I did deviate from what RebelDawg started and am using experimental percentages instead of actual values. A guard is triggered when the composite value goes above 900.
Attachments
WS_Guards.csv
(7.85 KiB) Downloaded 325 times

RebelDawg
Apprentice Crafter

Post by RebelDawg » Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:34 am

dmac1024 wrote:I got tired of waiting and decided to test this format with WS guards. The list isnt by any means complete, but it will give some idea of what is possible. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks to RebelDawg to getting this started. I did deviate from what RebelDawg started and am using experimental percentages instead of actual values. A guard is triggered when the composite value goes above 900.

Yeah I have updated it myself with percentages over in the Amorsmith forum. I just havent updated it here. I also got started on WS but got side tracked cause the experimental percentages that Jnf was reporting some how got all jacked up. Unfortunately I was doing alot of copy paste and was done up to Link steel when Kirneh pointed out some things and shared his list. then I realised I had to go back and redo everything. Once I get everything inputed I plan on going back and cross referenceing with SWGCraft resources and schematics to ensure I have everything.

Nice Job on the WS guards.

Woozeranto
Novice Crafter

Post by Woozeranto » Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:28 pm

to bad, the attachment dont exist anymore .. can anyone upload it again or attach it here ? thanks :)

Regards,
Woozer