SWGAide Guards and Filters

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: SWGAide Guards and Filters

Post by Zimoon » Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:10 pm

At the guards panel in SWGAide, right click and use the Import option at the popup dialog. If you have edited the file you must see to it is saved in CSV format.

/Zimoon

CBaoth
Novice Crafter

Post by CBaoth » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:04 am

Hi folks,

First I want to thank you all for this great tool. It's been helping me out alot since i started using it.
I have a question about guards and capped stats. I downloaded the AS guards file and changed the threshold to 960. Now i noticed that yesterday there was a steelspawn (Womie, Thoranium steel) that is marked as +96% on both OQ and SR on the swgcraft website. But my steelguard is not showing it. When i create a new guard for the Thoranium steel it does show.

Does that mean that the SR-stat is only close to cap if its used as a named resource and not when the schematic asks for any steel?

Thnx in advance!

Grtz. C'baoth

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:22 pm

CBaoth wrote:Hi folks,

First I want to thank you all for this great tool. It's been helping me out alot since i started using it.
I have a question about guards and capped stats. I downloaded the AS guards file and changed the threshold to 960. Now i noticed that yesterday there was a steelspawn (Womie, Thoranium steel) that is marked as +96% on both OQ and SR on the swgcraft website. But my steelguard is not showing it. When i create a new guard for the Thoranium steel it does show.

Does that mean that the SR-stat is only close to cap if its used as a named resource and not when the schematic asks for any steel?

Thnx in advance!

Grtz. C'baoth
First of all, welcome around BC :D

Then, yes, a guard for Steel will only consider the caps that apply for Steel, nothing else. A guard for Thoranium Steel only considers the caps for Thoranium Steel.

The web site reflects this in two ways:
The color of the value for the stat tells you how close to 1000 it is, I believe it is green > 800, yellow > 900, abd red > 960.
The percent and also it color tells you how close to the cap for that particular resource class the value is.

To my knowledge there is no indication at the web site to tell how good a value is compared to some parent resource class. However, the Find Resources web page can filter for that.

In SWGAide everything is described at the help pages, press F1 when you are at the Current Resources window. In short the color is determined by the resource class you have selected at the upper left tree of resource classes, if none is selected it is versus the resource class itself.

Why it is this way is best read in the Beginners Guide for Traders, chapter Power Crafting. That guide has, actually, had a complete overhaul the recent months, it is one chapter left 8)

/Zimoon

CBaoth
Novice Crafter

Post by CBaoth » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:08 pm

Thanks for the fast reply Zimoon :D

I understand now that a guard for steel will only look for the cap for steel (960+) and won't notice a steelspawn that is capped at 700. But does it work the same way in schematics? If a schematic needs any kind of steel (or metal/mineral), it will show as capped if its close to 1000 (standard cap of steel) but won't show as capped although a particular stat is capped at for instance 700?

Sorry if i look slow in understanding, but english is not my native language :)

grtz. C'Baoth

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:03 am

You English is fine :)
The answer is Yes.
That is why SWGAide is implemented this way.

I suggest you read chapter "Power Crafting" in the Beginners Guide for Traders and carefully study the examples. Knowing how caps work in crafting is essential if you want to craft well.

Have fun

/Zimoon

CBaoth
Novice Crafter

Post by CBaoth » Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:10 pm

I read the chapter you suggested and Lunariel's Guide to Resource Caps and got it now.

Thanks again!

Grtz...

Attoy
Apprentice Crafter

Post by Attoy » Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:09 pm

Just a quick question: the domestic guards some posts before mine, are them for Chef?

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:42 pm

Attoy wrote:Just a quick question: the domestic guards some posts before mine, are them for Chef?
I do not know ... a coming feature in SWG will be to create guards for a selected profession, if one can be reused it will ... no ETA though.

Attoy
Apprentice Crafter

Post by Attoy » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:49 am

Zimoon wrote:
Attoy wrote:Just a quick question: the domestic guards some posts before mine, are them for Chef?
I do not know ... a coming feature in SWG will be to create guards for a selected profession, if one can be reused it will ... no ETA though.
It would be nice to have different guard tab. So I can define, for example, AS/WS guards on the first guard tab, DE guards on the the second guard tab. Maybe I'm not the number one to make examples but I know you'll understand me ;)

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:50 pm

Attoy wrote:
Zimoon wrote:
It would be nice to have different guard tab. So I can define, for example, AS/WS guards on the first guard tab, DE guards on the the second guard tab. Maybe I'm not the number one to make examples but I know you'll understand me ;)
Yes, I do ... if I do something like that it won't be different tabs though, just possible to switch between them at one guards tab. And a guards tab will come. If you know a skilled programmer that also likes SWG you know where to send him :mrgreen:

Wieli
Novice Crafter

Post by Wieli » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:46 pm

Hey there,

I have one small question that i cant for my lfe figure out, if you go for example to todays alerts, then after "rate" it said %% what does this mean?

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:56 pm

Wieli wrote:Hey there,

I have one small question that i cant for my lfe figure out, if you go for example to todays alerts, then after "rate" it said %% what does this mean?
Press F1, or if you rather want to browse the index.html file in the folder you made for SWGAide. Quoted for your convenience:
SWGAide's Help Texts wrote:The %% column displays the estimated improvement of current resources versus best of inventory as a percentage. Improvements greater than 5% are rendered at a "fair" color, above 10% at a "good" color, and greater than 15% at a "great" color background. If the resource is for a resource class that is missing in inventory the background is cyan to alert you. A calculated rate is not the weighed average result because then all resources in a schematic must be calculated together — this topic and the math behind this is discussed in the Beginner's Guide for Traders.

In LQ mode coloring is based on the classes of the resources themselves, without rate because there is no experimenting but the %% column is colored with cyan.
And welcome around, congrats to your first post at this forum :D
Zimoon

DarkShado
Novice Crafter

Post by DarkShado » Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:26 pm

[quote="Rommel"][size=200][color=#FF0000][b]Guards and Filters[/b][/color][/size]

Here SWGAide users are welcomed to to share guards and filters.

To export guards/filters from SWGAide you right-click at the guard area and select the option to export guards. Then you can attach them to your post in this thread.

[list]Structures
[*][url=http://ickxe.com/downloads/swg/guards/s ... guards.csv]Architect[/url]
[*][url=http://ickxe.com/downloads/swg/guards/s ... guards.csv]Shipwright[/url][/list]
[list]Munitions
[*]Armorsmith :: [url=http://www.swgcraft.co.uk/forums/viewto ... 32&start=0][u]guards for AS[/u][/url]
[*][url=http://ickxe.com/downloads/swg/guards/w ... guards.csv]Weaponsmith[/url][/list]
[list]Engineer
[*][url=http://ickxe.com/downloads/swg/guards/droid_guards.csv]Droid Engineer[/url][/list]
[list]Domestics
[*]Chef
[*][url=http://ickxe.com/downloads/swg/guards/d ... guards.csv]Tailor[/url][/list]
[list]Jedi[/list]
[list][url=http://ickxe.com/downloads/swg/guards/bm_guards.csv]Beast Master[/url][/list]

Did I forget something?[/quote]

woops looks like some of the links above are not working any more is there a way to get some
one to make one big zip file of all the guards and repost it?

Some of the links are coming up 404 when you click on it

Also does anyone have a guard / filter for Bio-Engineer and Chef? Those were the two I was
looking for and they are not there :(

Thanks,

EDIT: I found a chef Guard at [url]http://www.swgcraft.org/forums/download/file.php?id=233
[/url]

Vanoun
Novice Crafter

Post by Vanoun » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:46 pm

Hiya SWGCraft

Long time no see. I noticed the old download link to the Resource Guard files have been dead awhile. Good thing my download drive is ancient and still had copies from the final days of live.

EDIT: There were working links to the BM and Ship guards in the thread. I've downloaded fresh copies and added them to this list. Never hurts to have a backup.

Remember these are NGE Guards. Rewriting the guards for Pre-CU will be a longer project. Also I did some cleanup on the Droid Engineer one, it was messy and full of errors.
NEW! July 16th 2018 Happy crafting people!

Vanoun, fell off the SWG wagon again