Select a character at the "Main" tab

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Kookoy
Novice Crafter

Select a character at the "Main" tab

Post by Kookoy » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:19 pm

Hello, I've just installed Sobuno's version of SWGAide and am getting the prompt Select a character at the "Main" tab when selecting the Resources or Trade tabs.

Running Win 7 Pro x64. I've installed Java v8 64 bit (do I need the 32 bit version?) Have set javaw.exe compatibility and SWGAide.exe to Run as Administrator.

Have I missed something? Thanks

Sobuno
Developer

Re: Select a character at the "Main" tab

Post by Sobuno » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:10 pm

At the initial tab, you need to select the character for whom you wish to view Trade information (parsed from mails) or resources (Cannot remember the specific reason for the requirement here).

If no characters are present on the Main tab, try doing a /maildump in-game for each of your characters and they should pop-up the next time you start the program.

HydroTek
Intermediate Crafter

Post by HydroTek » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:24 pm

Sobuno beat me to it :) basically do /mailsave in game to grab your character names, SwgAide should do the rest

Hello Kookoy, you should see your character names at the main tab if SwgAide can find them in the SWG folder.

What server are you playing on? that information is a bit different on the various servers, and SwgAide may not be looking in the correct place.
If it's stuck :x ...force it ...if it breaks, :shock: you needed a new one anyway :)
Characters(Legends): HydroTek, Ditty, and Talo ..give a shout if you see me in game

Kookoy
Novice Crafter

Post by Kookoy » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:44 am

I tried the /mailsave command but that didn't seem to do anything.

My character was already showing in the left pane of the Main tab, underneath was the name of the server (Tarkin), along with notes.txt and macros.txt.

Edit: I have it working now. My login to the server *is* my character name, which is why I thought there was an error. Doing a mailsave for each character generates the actual character further down the tree.

Thanks all for the quick replies.