Where is the best place to put a shop?

Got something to say that does not fit into any of the other forums? or just general chit chat, Post in here.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Memnoc
Intermediate Crafter

Re: Where is the best place to put a shop?

Post by Memnoc » Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:01 pm

I find that most pvp oriented guilds will decline their crafters tents in the city its because they fear there city will be known as " tent city " which is ridiculous. And after you join a guild this happened too me I didn't have a naboo home but a generic home and was told too place my home on the rims of the city.

fridge33sam
Intermediate Crafter

Post by fridge33sam » Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:24 pm

Memnoc wrote:I find that most pvp oriented guilds will decline their crafters tents in the city its because they fear there city will be known as " tent city " which is ridiculous. And after you join a guild this happened too me I didn't have a naboo home but a generic home and was told too place my home on the rims of the city.
that's funny, we turned our guild's Jedi Temple into our Mall, once of our Cloning Centers is a pet lab, the Stage is used as a guild post office in the back room! The only thing we did was place the Large Windowed houses on the outer ring of the city to try and represent a 'wall of towers' for the 'defense of the city'.
Iron Chef Slakkarr CEO, Fishboi Industries

Guild Joker Nagurra CFO, Wookhunter Enterprises

All Vendors located in Ft Revolt, 800 Meters from the Rebel Outpost on Rori, Flurry Server.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:19 pm

While we welcome you around J :D
we also refrain from necroing old threads, feel free to start new ones, but I'll forgive you this time :P

My 2 cents are that if you are in the beginners market anywhere near a starport/shuttle at the beginners planets is just fine, even selling stuff at the Bazaar might work. Newbies have not really learned how Bazaar and player vendors work yet so ... 8)

If you rather are in the high-end market it doesn't matter. Shuttle does not matter that much, or perhaps a little. Assume you live in the woods but within a few km range from some shuttle. People look up the goods at the vendor search and go to the planet, they look up the WP and perhaps at this point they head for the vendor search once again, or they think they have already wasted time at the terminal and bite the bullet and head off to you place. Repeat sales is another animal 8)

/Zimoon

Memnoc
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Memnoc » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:46 pm

I think a shuttle does matter as a focus point. If there are two crafters in a guild each at opposite ends of the city and the customer has too go to each one it becomes troublesome and has negitive results. It would be nice too see cities return too having tents beside or near the shuttleport with parks and benches making it a hub. But too find a guild that has that kind of set up today is rare and rarier yet too find a crafting guild.

But today crafters I think place a tent or small house near the hub maybe like Mos E or Bestine. But this tends to become a problem because everyone is via trying too poach a spot and theres player cities/town that you may not be associated with.