Life after Legacy Quests

Got something to say that does not fit into any of the other forums? or just general chit chat, Post in here.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

User avatar
Saamm
Novice Crafter
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:40 pm

Re: Life after Legacy Quests

Post by Saamm » Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:43 pm

tbh most of legacy is rarely soloed as soon as you arive at Jabba's (this is on the 3 servers I've played on so some somaller ones may differ) there is about 20 people there doing the quests I just grouped up witht hem and ran through the whole thing. Also at most of the main spawns soemone else is there so you can group and get them 30 kills down quickly.
Saamm - Master Droid Engineer, Unity
Manager of Promtheus Droid Lot, Promtheus, Lok
Euro-FarStar

wrackspurt
Advanced Crafter
Posts: 306
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:02 am
Location: Naboo (4618, -7289)

Re: Life after Legacy Quests

Post by wrackspurt » Sat Nov 29, 2008 4:21 am

Dea wrote:
I'm doing the Legacy quests with my brother, and we frequently talk about how difficult it must be for a solo-player. Normally, I'd be solo as I am in most games. I'm still getting 166-171 XP per kill and we usually are the same level as the mission or slightly behind on a few, and a couple of missions gains me a level. I'm happy with it. I have several other chars that I alternate with, so I don't get bored with any one of them. But I can see I'd never have lasted, OR would have to take forever to get through the legacy quests if I played alone. Some can do it I guess. But with the two of us, it takes awhile on some of those.
Awww, I can't do it. Been through the early Legacy at least 5 times now with various characters. Usually when I get to the Porcellus mission, that's it. Can't do it no more. Tried playing a Jedi, got up to 20, then realized if I wanted to be fighting monsters with a sword, I should be doing WoW. Respecced to Commando, better but still redundant as hell. That Porcellus mission is a straight funslayer. Space and crafting, the only things that keep me interested. Probably if the combat was more like Battlefront and less like Battlegrounds.

redwhitenblue
Apprentice Crafter
Posts: 88
Joined: Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:57 am

Re: Life after Legacy Quests

Post by redwhitenblue » Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:12 am

I totally agree with not rushing through the game. I ran into a level 90 player on the beginning portion of the Legacy Quest, and thought what's the point? I also prefer playing in groups, which is why I chose Medic as my first career. I'm currently level 45 and about to finish the Quest, then I have the meatlumps all lined up - but an interesting point is that you can't start the themepark until you're 55. At least now I know to head to Kashyyk if i don't make it by the end of the Quest.

- Skaebi
Flurry

PS. If anyone on Flurry wants a medic, mail me - I play a lot.

wrackspurt
Advanced Crafter
Posts: 306
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:02 am
Location: Naboo (4618, -7289)

Re: Life after Legacy Quests

Post by wrackspurt » Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:02 pm

redwhitenblue wrote:I totally agree with not rushing through the game. I ran into a level 90 player on the beginning portion of the Legacy Quest, and thought what's the point? I also prefer playing in groups, which is why I chose Medic as my first career. I'm currently level 45 and about to finish the Quest, then I have the meatlumps all lined up - but an interesting point is that you can't start the themepark until you're 55. At least now I know to head to Kashyyk if i don't make it by the end of the Quest.

- Skaebi
Flurry

PS. If anyone on Flurry wants a medic, mail me - I play a lot.
I hear good things about Meatlump. Is it good money or drops? Like that other guy, I'd be doing it with my lvl 90 Chef cause I don't have any combat characters.

User avatar
Monty Burns
Master Crafter
Posts: 549
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:26 am
Location: New Zealand

Re: Life after Legacy Quests

Post by Monty Burns » Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:09 pm

wrackspurt wrote:
redwhitenblue wrote:I totally agree with not rushing through the game. I ran into a level 90 player on the beginning portion of the Legacy Quest, and thought what's the point? I also prefer playing in groups, which is why I chose Medic as my first career. I'm currently level 45 and about to finish the Quest, then I have the meatlumps all lined up - but an interesting point is that you can't start the themepark until you're 55. At least now I know to head to Kashyyk if i don't make it by the end of the Quest.

- Skaebi
Flurry

PS. If anyone on Flurry wants a medic, mail me - I play a lot.
I hear good things about Meatlump. Is it good money or drops? Like that other guy, I'd be doing it with my lvl 90 Chef cause I don't have any combat characters.
Well to be honest I would suggest that anyone with out combat toons respec the expertise of a crafter to incorporate some BM skills as a good pet helps a lot (plus you can do the resource scavenger training collection).

I have my WS speced for BM and no AS expertise (AS just strikes me as a royal pain in the rectum) and he does very well in combat.

wrackspurt
Advanced Crafter
Posts: 306
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:02 am
Location: Naboo (4618, -7289)

Re: Life after Legacy Quests

Post by wrackspurt » Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:19 pm

Hmmm, I only put the one point in incubation and one in attack. Last time I respecced this guy it was 500k so I'm gonna have to make do. Which other BM expertise did you consider essential?

User avatar
Monty Burns
Master Crafter
Posts: 549
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:26 am
Location: New Zealand

Re: Life after Legacy Quests

Post by Monty Burns » Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:20 pm

wrackspurt wrote:Hmmm, I only put the one point in incubation and one in attack. Last time I respecced this guy it was 500k so I'm gonna have to make do. Which other BM expertise did you consider essential?
With my secondary crafter (2nd account) I decided to go down the hybrid path so he is just a WS (I took no AS expertise) which left me with about 15 points to spend in BM and the difference in the pets combat ability is huge, my experience is that with your 2 point expertise you will find that at level 90 your pet is weaker than a level 60 combat droid would be.

Incidentally how many times have you changed your expertise to get to 500k?

I have changed mine about 10 times and I think I am up to 10k.

wrackspurt
Advanced Crafter
Posts: 306
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:02 am
Location: Naboo (4618, -7289)

Re: Life after Legacy Quests

Post by wrackspurt » Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:22 pm

Monty Burns wrote: Incidentally how many times have you changed your expertise to get to 500k?

I have changed mine about 10 times and I think I am up to 10k.
Hmmm, in my experience, the second or third time you respec it's already 100k. I've never seen 10k.

Let's see, started as Smuggler, then briefly Ent, then to Structures, then Chef, back to Structures and finally back to Chef again (for good).

User avatar
Monty Burns
Master Crafter
Posts: 549
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:26 am
Location: New Zealand

Re: Life after Legacy Quests

Post by Monty Burns » Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:34 pm

wrackspurt wrote:
Monty Burns wrote: Incidentally how many times have you changed your expertise to get to 500k?

I have changed mine about 10 times and I think I am up to 10k.
Hmmm, in my experience, the second or third time you respec it's already 100k. I've never seen 10k.

Let's see, started as Smuggler, then briefly Ent, then to Structures, then Chef, back to Structures and finally back to Chef again (for good).

I am talking about your expertise not your profession.
They are two separate options at the professions councilor.

wrackspurt
Advanced Crafter
Posts: 306
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:02 am
Location: Naboo (4618, -7289)

Re: Life after Legacy Quests

Post by wrackspurt » Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:49 pm

Yeah, I've never just done expertise. I'm going to have to consider what you said, because my droideka doesn't do me much good anymore.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest