Essential Cooking Skills

Got something to say that does not fit into any of the other forums? or just general chit chat, Post in here.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

HydroTek
Intermediate Crafter

Essential Cooking Skills

Post by HydroTek » Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:36 pm

Essential Cooking Skills

In order to cook food properly you must always pay attention to the proper temperatures to cook specific items. Bantha meat, for example, must maintain a 300 degree temperature for at least one hour in order to destroy any Tatooinian bacteria present during the meat's initial cutting.

The following list should be taken as a guideline, and you'll find that your own instruments will vary according to how well they/re calibrated:
  • KAADU (350 degrees, 1 hour)
    KRAYT (400 degrees, 3 hours)
    GNORT (300 degrees, 1/2 hour)
    CU-PA (325 degrees, 1 hour)
    CORELLIAN BUTTERFLY (400 degrees, 1/2 hour)
    TORTON (500 degrees, 3 hours)
    BAGERASET (300 degrees, 2 hours)
    BEARDED JAX (250 degrees, 1/2 hour)
    PEKO-PEKO (400 degrees, 1 1/2 hours)
    VEERMOK (350 degrees, 1 hour)

Rumor has it that Sarlacc meat can be cleaned and cooked, and that some brave denzeins of Tatooine managed to ingest it by slicing off one of the attacking tentacles and then setting about finding ways to cook it.
While I won't comment on the veracity of such a claim, should you find yourself in possession of such a fantastic delicacy, I recommend that it be cooked at no less than 500 degrees for no less than 6 hours before you attempt to do anything with it.

Just one of the collections (no badge or title) that are often overlooked ..I used a looted datadisk and an empty datapad to get this text. There are several others ..keep an eye out for them as you travel thru the game :)
If it's stuck :x ...force it ...if it breaks, :shock: you needed a new one anyway :)
Characters(Legends): HydroTek, Ditty, and Talo ..give a shout if you see me in game

Sobuno
Developer

Re: Essential Cooking Skills

Post by Sobuno » Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:28 pm

:shock:

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:02 pm

Obviously they do not use the "Fahrenheit Temperature Scale" in that galaxy far far away. :roll:

On our world, meat that is cooked to 160 degrees Fahrenheit is "Well Done" and hot enough to kill most harmful bacterias. Depending on the size of the cut of meat, that can be achieved, in a 350 degree oven, in as little as 15 minutes or several hours.

Particularly tough, or "gamey" meats are cooked for long periods of time, at LOWER oven temperatures to break down the cellular structure of the meat to make it more tender and flavorful.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sun May 01, 2011 7:53 pm

Could it be that they need to rotate the meat during cooking? Somewhere between a full circle and one and a half? :roll:

Anyway, in Celcius that meat is since long charcoaled and its pan is half-smelted :mrgreen:

HydroTek
Intermediate Crafter

Post by HydroTek » Mon May 02, 2011 4:14 am

I noticed that Bantha was not on the list, perhaps it is too tough to eat :)

The point of my post was to note the empty datapad loot items. When you add a data disk, it displays various stories. This is the first one I have found to display recipes. I was curious if others have collected these datapads, I have a pack full of them ..always something interesting to read.
If it's stuck :x ...force it ...if it breaks, :shock: you needed a new one anyway :)
Characters(Legends): HydroTek, Ditty, and Talo ..give a shout if you see me in game

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Mon May 02, 2011 5:54 pm

Yes, there are quite a few documents from these datapad loot-kits. Long time ago I spent some time on them and now I do not recall the variations anymore. Not sure if they come from these looted items but there are also stories from/about Space ... but more on the lines of fragments of Space missions if I remember.

I just found http://swg.wikia.com/wiki/Data_Storage_Unit which can be of interest.

Yeah, if you have backpacks full you can spend time to put these together. Is it still so that the datapad backlights are hard to find, or is it the connectors? :?