Weapons

Got something to say that does not fit into any of the other forums? or just general chit chat, Post in here.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

wrackspurt
Advanced Crafter

Weapons

Post by wrackspurt » Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:57 pm

Whether you're out there gathering creature resources or maybe working on collections, what weapon do you use?

I've got a Wookie ent as an alt using a Blade of the Betrayer, but I'd like to get something better of the melee/polearm type. Maybe I'm missing something, but that "Overwhelming Shock" reminds me more of the Desert Storm slogan than something that's actually effective.

fridge33sam
Intermediate Crafter

Re: Weapons

Post by fridge33sam » Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:09 pm

http://swg.wikia.com/wiki/Polearms

this has a list of the pole arms available. Pick and choose the one that you want for your play style. Most of the 'good' ones are looted from major NPCs or quest rewards. The most DPS is apparently 1050.

Check the forums/vendors for what's available, if nothing matches send me an in-game mail since we are on the same server and I will see what I have in my inventory.
Iron Chef Slakkarr CEO, Fishboi Industries

Guild Joker Nagurra CFO, Wookhunter Enterprises

All Vendors located in Ft Revolt, 800 Meters from the Rebel Outpost on Rori, Flurry Server.

wrackspurt
Advanced Crafter

Post by wrackspurt » Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:55 am

Okay, but do you know the difference between "frigid strike" and "overwhelming shock"?

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:58 pm

wrackspurt wrote:Okay, but do you know the difference between "frigid strike" and "overwhelming shock"?
Sure, "Frigid Strike" is what I usually get from my wife each night. "Overwhelming Shock" is what I get on the nights she doesnt? :lol: :roll: :mrgreen:

fridge33sam
Intermediate Crafter

Post by fridge33sam » Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:08 pm

Savacc wrote:
wrackspurt wrote:Okay, but do you know the difference between "frigid strike" and "overwhelming shock"?
Sure, "Frigid Strike" is what I usually get from my wife each night. "Overwhelming Shock" is what I get on the nights she doesnt? :lol: :roll: :mrgreen:
Our wives must be twins! :|

But on the real... no, I don't have the difference, and wiki didn't either. time to use the official forums that I can't get to from work... :oops:

All Vendors located in Ft Revolt, 800 Meters from the Rebel Outpost on Rori, Flurry Server.

wrackspurt
Advanced Crafter

Post by wrackspurt » Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:57 am

Savacc wrote:
I messed that up. Apparently, it's the "Freeze Spike" effect she's been using on you, not Frigid Strike (a WoW thing). Hmm, ask her what kind of dps she gets with that?

fridge33sam
Intermediate Crafter

Post by fridge33sam » Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:16 pm

wrackspurt wrote:
Savacc wrote:
I messed that up. Apparently, it's the "Freeze Spike" effect she's been using on you, not Frigid Strike (a WoW thing). Hmm, ask her what kind of dps she gets with that?
I'm not sure what the DPS was last night, but it had me rooted for a good 5 minutes, and afterwards even my flamethrower couldn't take away the cold debuff she had put on my action.

wrackspurt
Advanced Crafter

Post by wrackspurt » Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:34 pm

Ah, I see. So in your living room, it looks like...

OVERWHELMING SHOCK!
ROOTED!

TOO TIRED!
TOO TIRED!
TOO TIRED!

Requesting clone activation. Timer will expire in 30 minutes.