The Sorosuub Luxury Yacht...

Got something to say that does not fit into any of the other forums? or just general chit chat, Post in here.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Monty Burns
Master Crafter

The Sorosuub Luxury Yacht...

Post by Monty Burns » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:00 pm

I have this thing cluttering up the datapad of all my characters and would like to remove it, when I try and deed the ship I am told it wont deed which only leaves the Destroy option.

If I destroy the ship in my datapad does this destroy the deed in my pack as well or can I get it back if need be?

ziso
Novice Crafter

Re: The Sorosuub Luxury Yacht...

Post by ziso » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:22 pm

try placing it in your safety deposit boxes's at banks. got a feeling u can store them there
ziso

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:45 pm

I don't think the deed is destroyed. However, I lost such a deed not long ago, don't know what happened but I certainly did not destroy it, and it was promptly replaced by a GM. Since anybody gets it on an account older than 180 days that single argument is enough.

/Zimoon

agida
Apprentice Crafter

Post by agida » Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:07 am

Monty Burns wrote:I have this thing cluttering up the datapad of all my characters and would like to remove it, when I try and deed the ship I am told it wont deed which only leaves the Destroy option.

If I destroy the ship in my datapad does this destroy the deed in my pack as well or can I get it back if need be?
With the CTS I find the Sorosub a great place to store 100 items.

when you destroy the ship it is deeded into the your packpack and can be stored in your house or Bank. I'd store it in my bank in case one day I needed a ship and didn't have one in my back pocket.
Agida - Rebel Ace - Master Shipwright - Flurry
Shop near Nashal /wp 4636 4459
http://www.swg-piloten.com/html/agida_s ... _shop.html

Tinsel
I came here on the bandwagon

Post by Tinsel » Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:59 pm

The yacht's a special case. The original yacht-generation deed reward can never be destroyed (except through bugs), no matter how much you wish it would go away and stop taking up that one space in your bank. Destroying the ship itself will leave you free to generate a new one from the original yacht deed; it doesn't create a new deed like normal ships because it doesn't have to.

But as the others said, since you can have 2 POB ship slots, you may as well leave it up for the extra storage. :D
Haunna Tanotalos, Elder Chef et al.
-4050 +870, Dantooine, Starsider
http://www.jademoon.org

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:31 pm

agida wrote:
Monty Burns wrote:I have this thing cluttering up the datapad of all my characters and would like to remove it, when I try and deed the ship I am told it wont deed which only leaves the Destroy option.

With the CTS I find the Sorosub a great place to store 100 items.

when you destroy the ship it is deeded into the your packpack and can be stored in your house or Bank. I'd store it in my bank in case one day I needed a ship and didn't have one in my back pocket.
Carefully read up on how the POB should be handled. I am not sure but I somehow doubt that redeeding it into bank is the way to go for POBs but I think they must remain in your datapad. It is read in the FAQ at official the SOE forum though.

/Zimoon

Tinsel
I came here on the bandwagon

Post by Tinsel » Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:49 pm

I think Agida was just giving two options: one in which you left the yacht up with your stuff in it, and one in which you take all your stuff out and redeed - or in the case of the yacht, destroy (to regenerate later). Stuff inside the yacht while it's up should transfer fine (my stuff has in past paid transfers) but I have heard the horror stories from folks who lost stuff in their other POBs, and who advise that you strip those ships (and all ships) and store their deeds/parts/deco in other places for the move. It's your risk to take. Take pics ahead of time in case you need to page a GM to restore lost things. :D
Haunna Tanotalos, Elder Chef et al.
-4050 +870, Dantooine, Starsider
http://www.jademoon.org