New Nova Mark V Engine

Discuss galaxy specific issues.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Jed
Novice Crafter

New Nova Mark V Engine

Post by Jed » Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:29 pm

Anyone craft one of these of late and if so what sort of stats did you get out of it?

I am trying to figure out if I just suck or the engine is not as good as I was told it was.

I think i got like 67.4 ish, out of all the pitch/yaw/roll
and like a top speed of 108
and a mass of 33k

I think that is pretty crappy not sure if it is me or the engine?

**I found something on the other forum where an engine came put 76 ish on all stats with a bit higher mass around 36k, so I think it is safe to say I suck at this**

Ibaum
Apprentice Crafter

Re: New Nova Mark V Engine

Post by Ibaum » Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:44 pm

I wouldn't say you're bad at it, especially if that's your first attempt. There are all kinds of ways to boost your skills to make better parts... drink Bestine Port, wear a specialized crafting suit, be in a city that has the research center specialty, get entertainer and medic buffs, and use capped resources and crafting tools. There's also that little thing that they give you when you hit Structure Trader 82 or 86 or 90 or whatever that gives you an assembly bonus, though it may interfere with entertainer buffs.

As for your part, compared to looted engines it looks like you got great speed, but higher mass and lower Y/P/R values. There's a big debate over whether crafted or REd parts are better. It seems a decent part but not top of the line by any means. You can always go on the Pilot forum at the SOE site and ask for input. They'd be better judges than I am anyway.

Keep it up, you're learning the ropes just like I am. In another thread you mentioned respecing over to ent. You can always start another toon (on your present server if you only have 1, or on another if you have 2 already). I've tried out several professions that way. Crafting may not suit you just like grinding exp on combateers seems tedious to me.

Anyway, good luck.

Edit: grammar
/Ibaum

Monty Burns
Master Crafter

Post by Monty Burns » Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:21 pm

Jed wrote:Anyone craft one of these of late and if so what sort of stats did you get out of it?

I am trying to figure out if I just suck or the engine is not as good as I was told it was.

and a mass of 33k

**I found something on the other forum where an engine came put 76 ish on all stats with a bit higher mass around 36k, so I think it is safe to say I suck at this**
Have you compared it to similar engines on the broker?
I have been learning the Shipwright ropes in recent weeks as well and thought I was doing a horrible job until I compared my items to those on the broker and found that for the most part they are as good as anything anyone else is making, now I just need to be better than the rest.

:)

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:44 pm

Are you talking about one of the engines you get from the new collections?

Can I make a suggestion here? Dont practice making engines on once in a lifetime schematics. :shock:

Ibaum
Apprentice Crafter

Post by Ibaum » Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:12 am

Savacc wrote:Are you talking about one of the engines you get from the new collections?

Can I make a suggestion here? Dont practice making engines on once in a lifetime schematics. :shock:
Wow :!: I didn't even think of that.
/Ibaum

Mibeo
Novice Crafter

Post by Mibeo » Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:06 pm

Jed wrote:Anyone craft one of these of late and if so what sort of stats did you get out of it?

and a mass of 33k

You used a mk 5 overdriver instead of a mk 2 Overhaul
my normal schematic mk5 engines have more like 73ish pitch/yaw/ roll with a top speed more like 115

the overdriver need High overall, the engines themself, need overall, Potential energy in the radioactive like 950 plus for quality and Potential energy.If the steel or aluminum has a high conductivity it helps to, but those are hard to find.

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:34 pm

Welcome to SWGCraft Mibeo. If you have been "lurking" a while, thankyou for posting and offering help to someone asking questions. :D

We dont get a lot of posts here, the entire forums probably average less then ten posts a day and over half are by the developers or admins of the site. This thread was started nine months ago. I still remember it though. The same guy also posted on the SOE forums (which get tons more trafic then we do) I responded to his question over there too. He made a huge, huge mistake. His pilot did the collection and got the schematic. He decided to roll a shipwright to make the engine schematic. You are a Shipwright, so you know what a bad idea that was. In SWG you can not just learn a crafting profession and start making top quality parts immediately, especially in Shipwright. In the SOE forums I told him it would take months and years for a Shipwright to get to the point they can make top quality, "server best" parts. He should have taken the schematic to an established Shipwright, who has already put in the time to gather the resources and knowlege to use them, and had that Shipwright make his "once in a lifetime" schematic for him.

Mibeo
Novice Crafter

Post by Mibeo » Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:17 am

yeah, I have been lurking for a while.need to remember to look at dates.I have been in game as a shipwright since july of 07.Hardly a novice crafter, but still have stuff to learn.Being a master shipwright and a master pilot sure has it's advantages :D