Tales from Eclipse

Discuss galaxy specific issues.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

wrackspurt
Advanced Crafter

Tales from Eclipse

Post by wrackspurt » Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:11 pm

With my Wookie that I just leveled up on FarStar, I had the advantage of already having had him up to a lvl 70 Entertainer and having done many of the Legacy quests so he had a lot of money to make the switch with. Buying harvesters and resources to craft with wasn't a problem.

Now I'm playing an Ithorian structures trader on Eclipse, and even though I came from Tanarii with a bunch of metal and fiberplast and 17,000 credits, I am truly learning what it is to claw your way up from the bottom. There have been times already when I'm too broke to even afford a shuttle ticket, as I muddle about with my two Wind Generators and one personal chemical extractor. If it were possible to exterminate the womp rat, kreetle and other vermin populations around Mos Eisley, I'd have had done it by now. Oddly enough, I find this is the real thrill in the game. Survival.

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Re: Tales from Eclipse

Post by Savacc » Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:58 am

If things ever get too "thrilling" on Eclipse for you, give me call - Mi'to, and Ill help you out, or if you just want to chat sometime.

Monty Burns
Master Crafter

Post by Monty Burns » Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:26 am

wrackspurt wrote:If it were possible to exterminate the womp rat, kreetle and other vermin populations around Mos Eisley, I'd have had done it by now. Oddly enough, I find this is the real thrill in the game. Survival.
What you need to do is call in an Officer's artillery strike that makes short work of large groups of vermin and its just fun to do.

:)

wrackspurt
Advanced Crafter

Post by wrackspurt » Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:42 pm

I actually am playing an Officer for my second character on Eclipse. I am seriously looking forward to doing that.

wrackspurt
Advanced Crafter

Post by wrackspurt » Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:48 pm

Savacc wrote:If things ever get too "thrilling" on Eclipse for you, give me call - Mi'to, and Ill help you out, or if you just want to chat sometime.
All right. If you happen to see and oddly dressed Ithorian or a really short Bothan in desert camouflage, that's me. I'm seldom getting off Tatooine at this stage, but I'll come check out your mall.

wrackspurt
Advanced Crafter

Post by wrackspurt » Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:58 pm

Though I'm wondering do people make much money in Eclipse? I'd made up to 200k on a really good day at the bazaar on FarStar, but here I go days without selling anything.

Oh well, I said I don't play this game for the credits so I guess I'm going to have to prove it.

wrackspurt
Advanced Crafter

Post by wrackspurt » Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:04 pm

Hey Savacc were you around in Eclipse's golden years. Was it once a really popular server?

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:34 am

Yes I have played since launch. The golden years were pre CU. My highlights were the release of "Player Cities" and the race to put them down, then the release of JTL. I remember the first time I saw a Jedi, outside the Theed Spaceport. It was like seeing a rockstar.

wrackspurt
Advanced Crafter

Post by wrackspurt » Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:20 pm

So what do you think, with Eclipse being a destination server, you think it will be revived?

I may want to try it again on Eclipse some time.

Zbignew
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Zbignew » Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:03 am

wrackspurt wrote:So what do you think, with Eclipse being a destination server, you think it will be revived?

I may want to try it again on Eclipse some time.
NO WAY
Flurry has the best deals -- 0% financing, NO payments until 2010 and NO down payment!!!
And if you call before midnight tonight we'll even throw in a backseat Wookie.

If it goes over big we'll change the name to Ford Server.

Zbig
Proji--------------------------Syotr
Wannabe Droid Engineer-- Wannabe Ranger

wrackspurt
Advanced Crafter

Post by wrackspurt » Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:56 pm

Now really, Fester, don't you ever think about putting your expertise to use helping revive a quiet but not dead server? Do you need a hologram of Princess Leia to rouse you from your slumber on Naboo? lol

wrackspurt
Advanced Crafter

Post by wrackspurt » Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:32 am

I see they've cleared away a lot of the old player cities on this server, though it does seem livelier than it used to.

newcrafter
Novice Crafter

Post by newcrafter » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:03 am

Today I did the last resource update for this server.
I know it might be completly useless to do updates in the final months, where nobody seem to harvest anymore.
But i strongly think that the Eclipse community was worth spending this time.

Thank you Eclipse
Thank you SWG
for was a great time with a lot of fun you both gave to me.