Farstar Anybody?

Discuss galaxy specific issues.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Sobuno
Developer

Re: Farstar Anybody?

Post by Sobuno » Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:31 pm

Wasn't Pex's going-away thing held at Prometheus? I think Sobuno is there at least.

Ersa Litros
Novice Crafter

Post by Ersa Litros » Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:38 pm

Hi all, count me also as resident of Farstar:]]

[btw my first post even if i am here long time...]

ziso
Novice Crafter

Post by ziso » Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:43 am

Sobuno wrote:Wasn't Pex's going-away thing held at Prometheus? I think Sobuno is there at least.
Yep, we hosted it on the Saturday Night and held a Star Wars Movie Quiz after the event, which had about 40 players take part in. Was a crazy night for sure and was so glad Pex chose us, as he took me from a noob event hoster and about 1001 PMS and Questions during 1 year to him hehe, i got more and more comfortable hosting bigger events and will always remember the help he gave me in the early days.

It was the one he appeared as a Giant Jabba the Hut in and 395 players turned up on the night.
Our traders loved it, very good sales that night lol.

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:00 am

Yeah, I did participate, didn't notice you were the one hosting it though, was a great experience (And the only reason I have SWG installed at the moment) :)

I did get about 40 screenshots during the event that night (Got 50ish the night before), I posted some here: http://www.swgcraft.co.uk/forums/viewto ... 6487#p6487
Attachments
screenShot0071.jpg
The best screenshot I have of the quiz I guess (Details cranked up rather high)
screenShot0071.jpg (576.37 KiB) Viewed 11688 times
screenShot0030-1.jpg
I am the one in the red ring!
screenShot0030-1.jpg (106.53 KiB) Viewed 11688 times

ziso
Novice Crafter

Post by ziso » Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:42 am

nice, think it was impossible to notice anything that night lol, so busy but im the transdoshan in the photos asking the quiz questions in my Bossk suit.
ziso

lat00uk
Novice Crafter

Post by lat00uk » Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:40 am

Im on Farstar, only starting playing about a week ago, loving SWG right now.

AbuseMyPanda
Novice Crafter

Post by AbuseMyPanda » Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:26 pm

Hi Everyone,

I started a few weeks ago and I'm an architect on Farstar.

I'm struggling a bit trying to understand the selling prices of resources though - I've seen the same resources for massively different prices on various vendors.

I don't want to under/over price everything and don't have a clue of what prices to even start at :?.

Does any one have any suggestions so I can get a rough idea of the market value?

Cheers,
Pandam.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:06 pm

AbuseMyPanda wrote:Hi Everyone,

I started a few weeks ago and I'm an architect on Farstar.

I'm struggling a bit trying to understand the selling prices of resources though - I've seen the same resources for massively different prices on various vendors.

I don't want to under/over price everything and don't have a clue of what prices to even start at :?.

Does any one have any suggestions so I can get a rough idea of the market value?

Cheers,
Pandam.
First of all, welcome around and gratz to your first post here :D

Prices vary wildly, certainly son on resources. I guess that has to do with people not really understanding quality and how to discern bulk from awesome. I mean, a particular resource might have OQ=1000, but that class, or its parent classes, is not used in any schematic that calls for OQ, soo ... 8)

And on that way it is, a resource that is awesome for certain schematics is just bulk to all the others, if useful at all. So...

I don't see if you want to become a miner, do you? Then you should find out exactly which which resource classes are called for and which stats, keep an eye out for good spawns of these. While nothing is around you just suck up bulk resources which you can sell for a few credits, still about 100% interest ;)

If you rather are a fledgling crafter, then you want to look out for what is good to have for the profession you have chosen.

In both cases you can use SWGAide, see my signature, and appropriate guards which you can find some pre-made by other players in the third-party forum board and in the different profession forums.

Greetings
/Zimoon

AbuseMyPanda
Novice Crafter

Post by AbuseMyPanda » Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:35 am

Thanks Zimoon, I downloaded SWG Aide and a couple of guards and it's helped massively! I've now got my harvesters on some good ore and copper.

Can any one give me a rough idea of CPU for grind/good quality at the moment? I'm hoping to get a little bit of cash together whilst I'm waiting for certain bits to spawn.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:07 am

Generally speaking, low quality (bulk) is anything around 1-5 CPU depending on the server. For HQ (which is HQ for any interested party) there is no upper limit but what the market decides.

I suggest you have a glance at the Beginners Guide for Traders, the section on marketing and prices, and see why there is no reason to calculate "logical prices", it is ultimately the market that sets the prices, you just try to milk as much as you can without collecting dust on your shelves.

Good luck
/Zimoon

fridge33sam
Intermediate Crafter

Post by fridge33sam » Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:05 pm

I have a toon on Farstar, my first infact, but I don't use him, he got lost somewhere along the Legacy and never found his way back. I mostly play on Flurry.

I have a bunch of vet rewards on him that might be tradeable if anyone wants them, send me a PM, like I said, I don't really use him at all.
Iron Chef Slakkarr CEO, Fishboi Industries

Guild Joker Nagurra CFO, Wookhunter Enterprises

All Vendors located in Ft Revolt, 800 Meters from the Rebel Outpost on Rori, Flurry Server.

ErisPandora
Novice Crafter

Post by ErisPandora » Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:35 am

My first toon is on Farstar, ErisPandoralia as well as my second ErisKallisti, and I adore the community there, It's smallish, but everyone I've run across has been incredibly helpful. I'm glad to have stumbled across this site as I'm always on the lookout for geothermal energy, so this is a great opportunity for me to give back a bit by keeping 'em up to date.
~ErisPandoralia and ErisKallisti on Euro-Farstar and ErisPandora and ErisKallisti on Starsider

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:43 am

Ooooh, I am so sorry ErisPandora, I totally forgot to welcome you around --- welcome, a late but warm welcome :)

/Zimoon

ErisPandora
Novice Crafter

Post by ErisPandora » Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:45 am

thanks :) not too late though, I just started posting today I think ^_^
~ErisPandoralia and ErisKallisti on Euro-Farstar and ErisPandora and ErisKallisti on Starsider