Farstar - Shutting up shop

Discuss galaxy specific issues.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Belios_Goveko
Novice Crafter

Farstar - Shutting up shop

Post by Belios_Goveko » Tue May 03, 2011 12:29 pm

Just thought i would post here about my imenent departure from SWG, this is mainly for Ziso and the guys who update Farstar.

Unfortunately 7yrs of almost non-stop SWG has taken its toll, it's time to move on and find something new, the game's still the best out there in my eye, but you can only play one game for so long and my time's up, so i am now closing up shop and putting everything i own into mothballs, this mean i will no longer be helping to update Farstar on here.

I have moved on to LotRO on the EN-Laurelen (RP) server, a complete change of scenery and one which i am enjoying alot.

Big thanks to all those i've had the pleasure of playing with over the years, especially Ziso, i owe you so much mate.

See you all around.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: Farstar - Shutting up shop

Post by Zimoon » Tue May 03, 2011 5:08 pm

Sorry I never get the chance to meet you in game then, as I am moving TO FarStar in a not too distant future ... but now sorting/packing is delayed because of SOE's problem with a security breach :(

However, I repeat myself and say: "you can check out anytime you want, but you can never leave" ... so welcome back whenever :)

Zimoon

Belios_Goveko
Novice Crafter

Post by Belios_Goveko » Tue May 03, 2011 6:52 pm

No doubt i'll ending up opening an account again in a few weeks, which will lead to a second then a third an then the fourth and it all starts over again lol

ziso
Novice Crafter

Post by ziso » Sun May 08, 2011 3:09 pm

Best of luck mate what ever you end up doing.

If you try Tor when it comes out, keep in touch with me on our forum swg-unity.com as we already have a Unity guild (2, one dark one light) set up in Tor for when it comes out live and we have some members in Beta on it also, + alot of interest in other gamers playing under Unity name on it when its out and we think in the 1st 2 weeks we will have 100+ players in Unity there.

Also most of us will be playing SWG still, myself inc, so shout when u get back (if servers ever get added back online lol).

As regards to swgcraft, im sure zimoon will help me with farstars updates /cough hehe but thanks for all the help youve done on it esp the Mon-Wed updates when im stuck in work

Harpua
Novice Crafter

Post by Harpua » Sun May 08, 2011 6:11 pm

Good luck with it. I logged back into my LOTRO characters for the first time in over a year, but I can't stomach the nonstop LOTRO store stuff. It's why I left in the first place and why I won't go back. Just seems to cheapen the game. But at least you picked a good time to leave.

Belios_Goveko
Novice Crafter

Post by Belios_Goveko » Mon May 09, 2011 11:27 am

Harpua wrote:Good luck with it. I logged back into my LOTRO characters for the first time in over a year, but I can't stomach the nonstop LOTRO store stuff. It's why I left in the first place and why I won't go back. Just seems to cheapen the game. But at least you picked a good time to leave.
I kind of see where you're coming from, but to be honest i really don't understand how people feel it's shoved in your face, it isn't, yes there's the odd lotro store button here or there, but pretty much everything in the store is fluff, most of it you don't need and the bits you do need are expansions you would have bought anyway so they don't really count, the game is still an awesome game, it could have had a proper pvp system added to it instead of that monster play, but all in all is a very good game.

Belios_Goveko
Novice Crafter

Post by Belios_Goveko » Mon May 09, 2011 11:28 am

ziso wrote:Best of luck mate what ever you end up doing.

If you try Tor when it comes out, keep in touch with me on our forum swg-unity.com as we already have a Unity guild (2, one dark one light) set up in Tor for when it comes out live and we have some members in Beta on it also, + alot of interest in other gamers playing under Unity name on it when its out and we think in the 1st 2 weeks we will have 100+ players in Unity there.

Also most of us will be playing SWG still, myself inc, so shout when u get back (if servers ever get added back online lol).

As regards to swgcraft, im sure zimoon will help me with farstars updates /cough hehe but thanks for all the help youve done on it esp the Mon-Wed updates when im stuck in work
Hehe thanks mate, i'll try and keep in touch, to be honest though i'm not even looking at TOR, i just don't have any interest in it at all.