Chimaera --- an open discussion on its close future

Discuss galaxy specific issues.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Chimaera --- an open discussion on its close future

Post by Zimoon » Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:26 pm

Hi fellow Chimaerans,

Following the official forums and other channels I get the impression that quite a few are leaving for FarStar, the other European galaxy, and with quite a few I mean guilds, not individuals :lol:

I am still undecided but must admit that it is definitely tempting to pack-up and also move to a livelier neighborhood.

"How do you feel?" -- says the droid. Or better...
What do you think?

Just curious
Zimoon

bisnoc
Novice Crafter

Re: Chimaera --- an open discussion on its close future

Post by bisnoc » Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:56 am

I am in DAWN and when they packed up, it sealed my fate on Chimaera. SEA the weeks prior and the population took irreversible hits. I personally went there with an alt to see my old Wanderhomies, but they have since left. So I will be going to Chilastra with my toon after I am done running my factories.

ziso
Novice Crafter

Post by ziso » Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:54 am

Be nice to have the help on swgcraft updates on Farstar zimoon lol.

Seriously though, i feel for you guys with people leaving your home, forcing you to think about it also. As a Mayor of a city of 6 years, if a move was forced on us and we had to leave Farstar, sure we could all meet up elsewhere and place a new city down but it wouldnt be the same and from the last round of transfers where they closed alot of servers, as Mayor, i really really felt for those other Mayors who were forced into this.

If anyone does come to Farstar though and needs help when they land in anything, please dont hesitate to ask

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Wed May 18, 2011 7:20 pm

It is now settled, my best friends in SWG are moving to FarStar and I am the tug-boat ;)
Some have already boarded the intergalactic transporter ship and arrived safely *fingers crossed* and I and others are sorting our business and packing.

This means that I won't update any resources at Chimaera anymore and I want to thank you all Chimaerans for a great time, together we have been a super-trooper group that have held the galaxy in great shape here at SWGCraft. Yeah, in such a good shape that before we begun with that "I am about to send ISDroids for..." mailing-list we often double worked ... and wasted droids :lol: I Am going to miss you, unless you too departure for greener pastures.

And for FS-ers who eavesdrop this message, as soon as I have settled in somewhere and found my way around the new landscape I will happily chime in updating resources. As mentioned above we started a mailing-list at Chim, maybe you already have the same, otherwise we can set one up if we need to -- in a FS-specific thread of course :D

Cheers
Zimoon

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Wed May 18, 2011 9:09 pm

Wow, SOE seems to have granted all accounts extra time, not just currently active ones. At least I am currently standing in my house, ensuring that Zimoon cannot take over my precious spot on the Corellian Plains when he moves :lol:

(And apparently a member was online in our guild 86 days ago :shock: ... Also, we apparently have someone who has not logged in for close to 8 years...)

Edit:

And there seems to be floating house where our city hall used to be :( http://sobuno.dk/swg/screenShot0000.jpg http://sobuno.dk/swg/screenShot0001.jpg

(Mods, feel free to split my message from the topic if you feel I am a bit off-topicish :P)

Mibeo
Novice Crafter

Post by Mibeo » Wed May 18, 2011 11:17 pm

Think I might have to go back to the old find the resource daily before I knew about this website.Seems that most of those who were updating have gone to other servers.as far as moving servers not sure if I will or not.Chimaera has been my home for so long.