No longer updating Flurry

Discuss galaxy specific issues.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

drkknight33
Novice Crafter

No longer updating Flurry

Post by drkknight33 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:57 pm

Hello Flurrians,

I am sorry to say that because of my recent move to Europe IRL i have decided to transfer my characters to a european server so that i will be able to find a more active and fullfilling game experience. It's no fun playing on a server when your play time is at the same time as everyone else's sleep time and vice versa.

So i will no longer be updating flurry, my apologies. But i have already transferred my toons to chimaera and will be setting up shop there. Have fun and may the force be with you.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: No longer updating Flurry

Post by Zimoon » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:34 pm

Welcome to Chim ... hehe ... the galaxy of the cooler guys it seems 8)

Attoy
Apprentice Crafter

Post by Attoy » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:51 am

Welcome mate :wink:

usulnet
Novice Crafter

Post by usulnet » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:31 pm

Heya Knight, this is usulnet. I was updating pretty heavily during your move, zbignew told me you were away for a while. I just came back to the game and am starting over on flurry. Luckily that vertex hit recently so I'm making IP droids now. I'll try to pick up the slack, you seemed to be pretty on top of the updates. I know it's not an easy job and is usually thankless so thanks a ton from Flurry and good luck on the new server. I hope you find some great people and your experience in Europe proves excellent.

Regards,
usulnet - Intrepid Industries

Monty Burns
Master Crafter

Post by Monty Burns » Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:37 pm

I am also hoping that I will be able to assist in the near future.

As Sunrunner is now almost completely dead the guild has made the decision to move slowly to Flurry (it will be a slow move as we have people who can not afford the transfer cost so we have to maintain a presence on Sunrunner at least until they decide to switch off the lights there), at this stage I only transfered my combat toons but I have moved a few 30k crates and once I can get hold of some droids I will try and do the occasional update.

Zbignew
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Zbignew » Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:44 am

Good luck with your move and transfer Darknight. And a tip of the hat for all your efforts keeping Flurry updated, great job. I will pitch in occasionally as well, tho' my playing time is limited these days. Take care.

Zbig
Proji--------------------------Syotr
Wannabe Droid Engineer-- Wannabe Ranger

usulnet
Novice Crafter

Post by usulnet » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:58 am

Hello Monty,
When I came back I was starting to level on Sunrunner until I saw how dead it was and wound up here. Glad to have you here, hope Flurry treats you well.

Regards,
Stephan

Monty Burns
Master Crafter

Post by Monty Burns » Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:07 am

Yep Sunrunner is deteriorating by the day hell I was the only guy at the last invasion cycle.

The move to Flurry though will be a slow one as we have a number of guildies that cant afford to transfer and rather than lose them altogether we have decided to only move a few toons to Flurry for now so that we can develop a presence and have somewhere for people to go once Sunrunner is finally closed.

I was thinking that if I can get sorted I may start with doing a few creature resources as they don't require ISD's.

usulnet
Novice Crafter

Post by usulnet » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:38 am

In conjunction the SWGAIDE app, sending droids is really no issue and along with a crate populating the data is easy as well. All droids uploaded and stats edited in less than 15 minutes. The creature resources however is a huge pain, becoming less so now that I've been putting them in regularly for a couple of weeks and now all I have to do is verify that anything over about 10 days is still current using the crate of free resources. If anyone has a crate though and a little spare time it'd be helpful if you could help keep creature resources up to date, I'm really starting to burn out on that portion of it but really like to see it up to date. I plan to dabble in chef a bit at some point and am hitting anything that's phenomenal that comes along (The Talus carnivore meat is great, 400k stack and growing). Just FYI if anyone planning on sending out droids I do so on azurii if you want to double check with me and make sure we don't send them off at the same time. I generally do ISD droids every day and creature resources every other day.

Regards

Monty Burns
Master Crafter

Post by Monty Burns » Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:10 am

Yeah I am working on it but I have run into a huge snag, the guy I sent my 30k crate deed over with has run into issues and won't be on for a month or so.

I am looking at alternatives though, including buying one.

Scratch that I found an account I hadn't claimed it on.

I am happy to help with some aspects of updating but as I am still active on Sunrunner and pretty much the only full time updater there I don't want to let that server slide.

Monty Burns
Master Crafter

Post by Monty Burns » Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:59 am

OK I am going to start on the Structural side of creature resources (Bone, Horn and Hide) as that is about all I have time for right now but as I move more of my toons to Flurry I will start doing the food side as well.

usulnet
Novice Crafter

Post by usulnet » Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:39 am

Hey that sounds great, any help is greatly appreciated. I'm batching droids right now to bring the droid planets current on the inorganic and flora. I'll probably pick up the creature food after as well since it's been a couple of days as well. Not too sure how interested anyone is but I'm kind of big on Google docs and use it to store my pricing/inventory as well as harvester placement. I could create a google doc I could share to anyone who is interested that tracks when someone is updating some resources. That way you can check to see when something was updated last and note that you are updating it so both a) we aren't updating at relatively the same time which is a bit of a waste of time and b) when people have a little time to kill in game they can update what is the most out of date by seeing at a glance what hasn't been updated in a while by sorting last date updated. Let me know if that sounds useful to anyone.

Regards

Monty Burns
Master Crafter

Post by Monty Burns » Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:11 am

usulnet wrote:Hey that sounds great, any help is greatly appreciated. I'm batching droids right now to bring the droid planets current on the inorganic and flora. I'll probably pick up the creature food after as well since it's been a couple of days as well. Not too sure how interested anyone is but I'm kind of big on Google docs and use it to store my pricing/inventory as well as harvester placement. I could create a google doc I could share to anyone who is interested that tracks when someone is updating some resources. That way you can check to see when something was updated last and note that you are updating it so both a) we aren't updating at relatively the same time which is a bit of a waste of time and b) when people have a little time to kill in game they can update what is the most out of date by seeing at a glance what hasn't been updated in a while by sorting last date updated. Let me know if that sounds useful to anyone.

Regards
Sounds kind of useful but I just look at the resources list in SWGAide to see how many days since an update was done.