Pholokite Extusive, Ionite Intrusive, and Igneous ores

Discuss galaxy specific issues.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Lit'ul
Novice Crafter

Pholokite Extusive, Ionite Intrusive, and Igneous ores

Post by Lit'ul » Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:33 pm

Hello if your reading this. I am having trouble finding these particular resources in Sunrunner. They are Pholokite Extrusive ore, Ionite Intrusive ore, and Igneous ore. I need them to make some special furniture. In-game my character's name is Lit'ul. If im not on, then try my alt, Sunlan. If you CAN help, then ill give you some furniture in return if you want, and if you dont want that ill give you a tip(dont get greedy and ask for money >.>)

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Re: Pholokite Extusive, Ionite Intrusive, and Igneous ores

Post by Savacc » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:59 pm

Thanks for posting in this forum. :wink:

For several reasons, named ores are the hardest resources to gather. Monty, or someone on Sunrunner may be able to help you. Just so you know, when you see these ores in spawn, get as much as you can and dont use them for walls. :roll:

Lit'ul
Novice Crafter

Post by Lit'ul » Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:14 am

Lol, i finished the walls to the house im making, but i need them for some furniture. I still cant find that emaigei if you read my last post. If any of these ores are unavailable for over a month(if its abnormal), im going to send something to SOE. And please, if you see it spawn can you send me a PM?

Savacc

Post by Savacc » Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:54 pm

It would be normal for these ores to not spawn in a month. Average spawns will be 3 months apart. Servers have gone over a year without a spawn of a named ore like these.

This is the issue. There will always be one Extrusive and one Intrusive Ore in spawn. Very, very rarely will you get a second. Because the possibility is so rare, I would bet most crafters will tell you it never happens. There are 10 Extrusive and 9 Intrusive "named" ores. Each spawn lasts 6-11 days. So you see where I get my 3 month average to cycle through them and have a second spawn. Of course, they dont cycle through, it is all random and you could get back to back spawns, or over a year between spawns.

Two other issues complicate the life of a crafter trying to harvest ore. One is that ore only spawns on 1-3 planets (other resources spawn on 8), and two, ore spawns in low concentrations. I have never seen it above 60%.

More info can be found here: Lunariel's Guide to Resource Shifts

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:26 pm

... and that "emaigei" I would consider a lost case. If nobody has it for sale then ...

but I posted the solution in the other thread, option 2) which is to crap that manufacture schematic and start over with a new and then be smart and use recycled ore, preferably recycled siliclastic ore because you can ALWAYS harvest a Fermionic Siliclastic Ore ... always.

PS: while waiting for the named ores, read Beginner's Guide for Traders ..... no, I am not kidding ... ever so often I meet crafters that happily name themselves pros ... still they miss out on something because of some tiny detail that has been in the guide for years 8) the guide is not really my work, I am a humble editor that steal other players research :?

Lit'ul
Novice Crafter

Post by Lit'ul » Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:05 pm

lol, thanks for the tips, i should review stuff i missed now...

Oceans
Novice Crafter

Post by Oceans » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:34 pm

The devs need to give us one spawn a month that the best Steel, Iron, Ore, Fiberplast etc...spawn. They could call it Happy Spawn Day. Who wants fiberplast with an OQ of 4? lol

Savacc

Post by Savacc » Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:31 am

Oceans wrote:The devs need to give us one spawn a month that the best Steel, Iron, Ore, Fiberplast etc...spawn. They could call it Happy Spawn Day. Who wants fiberplast with an OQ of 4? lol
They sort of have done that already, it is just that they all spawn on Mustafar :roll: :shock: :D