Special copper @ Sunrunner

Discuss galaxy specific issues.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Lit'ul
Novice Crafter

Special copper @ Sunrunner

Post by Lit'ul » Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:07 am

Hello there, im looking for a copper that seems to be very rare at the moment in Sunrunner. Its Emigei(something like that), a Kelsh copper. Im a structures trader and need it to finish an important thing im working on. I only need 450 units. My toon's name is Lit'ul, and im on quite often. I can make you something if you want.

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Re: Special copper

Post by Savacc » Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:54 am

welcome to our forums Lit'ul :D

I am sorry, I dont play on Sunrunner, so I can not help you out. I moved your post to a different forum where we try to keep threads like this :wink: I fully realize you are new and would have posted here if you had known. :D

Just a general observation, if you are trying to make the Master level furniture "Armoire", any Kelsh Copper will work, not just Emigei.

Monty Burns
Master Crafter

Post by Monty Burns » Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:58 am

Lit'ul wrote:Hello there, im looking for a copper that seems to be very rare at the moment in Sunrunner. Its Emigei(something like that), a Kelsh copper. Im a structures trader and need it to finish an important thing im working on. I only need 450 units. My toon's name is Lit'ul, and im on quite often. I can make you something if you want.
I will have a look through my collection tonight but as has been pointed out any Kelsh copper will do the same thing given that Structures do not generally require capped materials.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:55 am

Welcome around Li'tul, very welcome :)

Both S and MB are correct, I just want to spell this out clear and square:
  • Resources of particular classes (types) come and go but never spawn again
  • If you just need a particular class you can use any named resource from that class
  • Only in these two cases you really need the name you are looking for:
    1. If you have a manufacture schematic for a factory you need the named resource
    2. If you are crafting something top-quality and the name resource is great, perhaps server-best
More on resources in Beginner's Guide for Traders, the topic is far from simple if you want to know it all :)

Once again, welcome
Zimoon

Lit'ul
Novice Crafter

Post by Lit'ul » Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:42 pm

Well, im actually trying to make 2 power cores in my factory. Oh and ty for the welcome. I read it again and i found it was spelled Emaigi. Ive tried other coppers and none worked. Im not sure that any kelsh coppers exist on the server, and figured people should have loads of it. When should it respawn, btw? ...and how do i get that novice trader up to master or whatever?

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:16 pm

OK, first off
Zimoon wrote:Resources of particular classes (types) come and go but never spawn again
... but Kelsh Copper come and go fairly often.

Now, you have a manufacture schematic that is created with this particular copper with the name "Emaigi" ... then you also have a problem ;)

Solutions
  1. Find that copper at some vendor
    • go to a Bazaar terminal, any terminal
    • select the "Vendor Location" tab
    • select "entire galaxy" ... or whatever it is worded
    • drill down on Resources >> Mineral >> Metal >> Non-Ferrous Metal >> Copper >> Kelsh Copper
    • if you see any items at all your chances become better
      • use the filter at the bottom of the window and search for the Emaigi
        • if you now see any items your day is made
        • otherwise, select 2)
    • otherwise, try the Bazaar itself in the same way, or select 2)
  2. destroy the manufacture schematic and create a new one
    • Power Core does not require any resource quality whatsoever, hence it is cheap to start over
    • for LQ items and if it is possible you are always better off to use recycled resources, they will never drain out on you
As a Structure Trader you will find yourself at level 90 anytime soon, any structure that you craft from the schematics you learned most recently gives you the best bang for the bucks and are usually sold within decent time.

By the questions in this topic I patiently but firmly advise against speed leveling, please find Beginner's Guide for Traders and have it open while you craft. I do not say this because I wrote it but because otherwise you will find yourself in trouble more often than it is fun, and if you speed level ... yeah, see the preface of the guide and you see what I mean :)

Two instant tips though:
  1. Factories give you no XP so unless you really need two identical something you are always better of crafting by hand, whatever you need. Only if the schematic reads "N identical X from a factory crate" you must use a factory
  2. Use your combat alt toon and play around with until you have a full set of recyclers and use them as soon as you can; see Recyclers 101
Have fun
Zimoon

Lit'ul
Novice Crafter

Re: Special copper @ Sunrunner

Post by Lit'ul » Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:26 pm

thanks for the help. Im a lvl 90 trader with not much experience! pretty sad if you ask me :lol: