Introductions and whatnot

Discuss galaxy specific issues.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

1ce
Novice Crafter

Introductions and whatnot

Post by 1ce » Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:11 pm

Greetings.

First off, I didn't see a newbie forum so I'd like to introduce myself here. I have three characters:

Dmytri Darkstar - Flurry, Bounty Hunter
Dvorn Toth - Starsider, Commando
Marru Mel - Starsider, Entertainer

You're probably wondering what I'm doing here since I have no crafting classes? Well, as a side venture, I've found that I have enjoyed a steady inward stream of credits by taking a little time to mine and sell resources. Currently, I have goals set for my bounty hunter that I need credits to achieve, and I have had success using the resource selling method in the past.

This website, being the wonderful resource it is, has endeared me to trying this method once again. That leads me to my second point: Networking. I have two fusion generators producing energy and one mineral extractor that's currently harvesting Steel - both on Flurry. If anyone can point me in the proper direction as far as who/where (I'm already using the public bazaar terminals) I'd be interested in providing some reasources for sale. Hopefully an equitable arrangement could be made.

I expect to lurk here for quite some time. It's a wonderful resource you've all created here.

-1ce

Attoy
Apprentice Crafter

Re: Introductions and whatnot

Post by Attoy » Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:17 pm

Welcome in swgcraft :)

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:49 pm

Welcome to our forums. :D
I moved your post to our "Galaxy Specific" forum, only because it seemed you were mainly trying to connect with other players on Flurry and this would be the right forum for that. It really would have been fine where it was at, but we dont get a lot of traffic here and sometimes I get itchy to use my mod powers :roll:

If you havent seen this already, Jecy's Mining Guide, over at the official SOE forums is the ultimate guide to being a resource miner in the game.

We dont have a "newbie" forum. New players are welcome to post in any forum. Questions on mining probably go in the "General Crafting" forum, though it is not crafting per say, it is something applicable to all crafting.

1ce
Novice Crafter

Post by 1ce » Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:33 pm

I actually thought about posting this in galaxy specific, but all the stuff I could see seemed to be a little more useful than "Hey, does anyone want this stuff?"

Anyway, thanks for the help. I'll definitely check out that guide when I get home from work.

-1ce

1ce
Novice Crafter

Post by 1ce » Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:35 pm

I almost forgot,

I did read through pretty extensively the forums on general crafting on here. There is a TON of useful information in there (AFK Mustafar mining? I'm in!). I certainly appreciate that as well.

-1ce

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:33 pm

Glad to help.

Just curious, do you pronounce your username "ice" or "once"?

Zbignew
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Zbignew » Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:58 am

Hello 1ce and welcome to SWGCraft and to Flurry. Also curious about your pronunciation. If you need anything while on Flurry don't hesitate to drop a line, all my toons are there. If you want to use ISD's let me know, they are free as long as you do some posting of results here. Best of luck.

Zbig
Proji--------------------------Syotr
Wannabe Droid Engineer-- Wannabe Ranger

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:45 pm

Welcome around 1ce :D