Need help from Flurry traders

Discuss galaxy specific issues.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

drkknight33
Novice Crafter

Need help from Flurry traders

Post by drkknight33 » Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:08 am

Hi folks,

I'm am not too vocal on these forums but i am here to ask flurry traders for help in the next week. I have updated mineral, chemical, water and gas on flurry since i transferred here. I am not going to be able to fill that role for the next week, 14 Jun - 20 Jun. I am asking for yall's help in keeping these flurry resources updated until my return. Thanks you very much.

-Shaura

fridge33sam
Intermediate Crafter

Re: Need help from Flurry traders

Post by fridge33sam » Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:06 pm

I have been reduced to a part time player, but I will certainly help out.

/slakkarr
Iron Chef Slakkarr CEO, Fishboi Industries

Guild Joker Nagurra CFO, Wookhunter Enterprises

All Vendors located in Ft Revolt, 800 Meters from the Rebel Outpost on Rori, Flurry Server.

redwhitenblue
Apprentice Crafter

Post by redwhitenblue » Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:27 pm

I had just noticed the creature resources were out of date, I'll do my best to help out but I can only add so much before I start going cross-eyed lol.
Akhor Slaga, Architect; Akihawa Aceric, Chef
Catalina Market, Rori, Flurry
1548, 75, -5884

Dix
Novice Crafter

Post by Dix » Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:23 pm

I just saw this post and updated what I could yesterday. The spawn dates are all off though, so don't trust them if you are concerned about stuff despawning. In the future, if you need help, send a in-game mail to Marlon Shiphawker and I'll do what I can.

fridge33sam
Intermediate Crafter

Post by fridge33sam » Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:27 pm

All I have to say is "good team work!" I was able to update a few Tatt Creature resources, but got called away. Someone will have to clue me in to an easier way to do it. I essentially went to the area outside Mos Espa, killed, harvested, and reported. Kinda time consuming since I don't have a 2nd computer and the one that do have is slow. I don't mind if that's the way it has to be done, but if there is something easier, please let me know! :?:
Iron Chef Slakkarr CEO, Fishboi Industries

Guild Joker Nagurra CFO, Wookhunter Enterprises

All Vendors located in Ft Revolt, 800 Meters from the Rebel Outpost on Rori, Flurry Server.

redwhitenblue
Apprentice Crafter

Post by redwhitenblue » Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:39 pm

I update creature resources using the free resource crate. Since only one spawns at a time all you have to do is scroll down to the bottom of the list to see what's current. I'm glad all this came up, I got 1 mill of that really nice tat bone that I may not have noticed if I hadn't been helping update it myself. I'm gonna try to keep helping with updating resources, it really is a chore but if we all work together it'll be less of a chore for each of us. :D
1548, 75, -5884

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:14 am

fridge33sam wrote:All I have to say is "good team work!" I was able to update a few Tatt Creature resources, but got called away. Someone will have to clue me in to an easier way to do it...
The easiest way is to use SWGAide, Resources >> Submit resources, assuming you have a 30k resource deed:
  • Bottommost, select "Creature resources"
  • Let age stay at 6 days
  • Write to the notes file "rem.txt"
  • In-game, open the file with /note rem
  • Open the 30k deed
  • Look up the listed resources
    • if anyone has changed, edit its name and add stats
    • else, do nothing
  • Close the notepad
  • Back in SWGAide, load the file
  • Verify that everything looks good
  • Submit
Have fun :D

/Zimoon

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:16 am

BTW, at the 30k resource deed, now there is a final confirmation dialog to claim the resource so the risk to accidentally claim a resource is effectively removed, almost at least :)

redwhitenblue
Apprentice Crafter

Post by redwhitenblue » Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:13 am

That's good that they added an extra confirm, I'm always so paranoid about looking at the stats for a resource lol. I've never used SWGAide I just use the ingame browser to look at what's current on this site and update it one at a time. I feel like there's less room for personal error at least in my case.
1548, 75, -5884

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:36 pm

redwhitenblue wrote:... I feel like there's less room for personal error at least in my case.
Probably the contrary as SWGAide has extensive error handling built in. After loading the motes file but before committing erratic entries are highlighted in red, they can be edited at the panel itself, or simply remember the resource name or type and go back in-game to edit the notes file, close it, and back to SWGAide. But you will save hours using this feature in SWGAide, I usually do both all creature resources in 10 minutes, up to 20 if I have missed a day or two.

Only one caveat I run into from time to time, assuming you have multiple accounts: I happen to have a toon at one account and write the notes file, which then ends up in that account, but log into game at another account and find myself editing an old rem.txt file, realizing that when I am perplexed by the amount of de/spawned resources. That is why the notes file now has current date/time in the header 8)

/Zimoon

redwhitenblue
Apprentice Crafter

Post by redwhitenblue » Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:57 pm

My memory is my main problem lol. I'm the type that will walk into a room and forget why I came there... and I'm only 25 :shock: I even find my toons doing the same thing, you should have seen me going nuts yesterday looking for the leathery hide I hunted a few weeks ago. I've used the ingame notebook but stopped after I got a new computer and lost all my notes. I do have two accounts but do all my updating from the older one since she has the resource crate. I'll try SWGAide the next time I feel like figuring out something new. :wink:
1548, 75, -5884