Flurry Chefs - Lack of Quality Resources

Discuss galaxy specific issues.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

fridge33sam
Intermediate Crafter

Flurry Chefs - Lack of Quality Resources

Post by fridge33sam » Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:03 pm

I am new to cooking and don't have a built up supply of anything of quality. It seems to me though, that we aren't getting quality spawns atm. Am I missing something, or is this really a case of stockpile what you can when you can because you can't expect it to ever come back again?

As an example, I spent the afternoon updating the flowers on the server resource list. Nothing has double-green numbers!

/Slakkarr
Iron Chef Slakkarr CEO, Fishboi Industries

Guild Joker Nagurra CFO, Wookhunter Enterprises

All Vendors located in Ft Revolt, 800 Meters from the Rebel Outpost on Rori, Flurry Server.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: Flurry Chefs - Lack of Quality Resources

Post by Zimoon » Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:01 pm

fridge33sam wrote:I am new to cooking and don't have a built up supply of anything of quality. It seems to me though, that we aren't getting quality spawns atm. Am I missing something, or is this really a case of stockpile what you can when you can because you can't expect it to ever come back again?

As an example, I spent the afternoon updating the flowers on the server resource list. Nothing has double-green numbers!

/Slakkarr
It is, it is really about putting down as much as you can on the HQ stuff when it spawns and there-in-between you such up bulk stuff for the components: water, gemstone, and you name it, plus high PE radioactive for power. Recycle what can be used as recycled stuff. Don't forget to watch out for high-OQ wood to be used in the Organic slots.

Meanwhile, update SWGCraft, whether using SWGAide or not; have guards in SWGAide alerting you when something spawns, and jump on it with your 3 elites per character. There are ready-made guards in the Chef forum.

Not to become too cock-eyed over the different spawns you perhaps want to have a glance at Onyx' list-of-what-food-that-sells.

Have fun
/Zimoon

fridge33sam
Intermediate Crafter

Post by fridge33sam » Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:12 pm

yeah, I haven't been really looking for what sells, so much as trying to fill guild member's requests. I am the first chef in a long time, if not the first ever, and we work on the barter system internally.

I've been fairly lucky that my pet food has been selling, especially my sample packs.

I will take a look at the guide Onyx has, she seems to be on the pulse of the industry pretty good.

/Slakkarr

All Vendors located in Ft Revolt, 800 Meters from the Rebel Outpost on Rori, Flurry Server.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:23 pm

fridge33sam wrote:yeah, I haven't been really looking for what sells, so much as trying to fill guild member's requests. I am the first chef in a long time, if not the first ever, and we work on the barter system internally.

I've been fairly lucky that my pet food has been selling, especially my sample packs.

I will take a look at the guide Onyx has, she seems to be on the pulse of the industry pretty good.

/Slakkarr
She sure is, not many other Senators beat her in any quality or aspect :D

/kowtow Onyx

/Zimoon

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:29 pm

Comment: It is good to be in a guild where you can ask them to help you harvest, that is, you put down the harvies to get your expertize/entertainer bonus on them, maintenance and power for more than 22 days (would the Flora spawn stay that long), and /transferStruct NAME to the guildie who must stand nearby. Take notes (or use the SWGAide harvester feature) and tell you guildies when they must go empty them. Finally you use up your own lots :)
Elites are to prefer since it is the less to maintain, just 3 harvies rather than 9 (if they have that many lots free)

It is also good to prepare with harvester droids (with armor due to some creatures do area attack) plus Veghash and organize guild hunting parties when that hide or meat spawns.

Usually guildies tend to be the more helpful when they realize you are the key to some goodies, such as food&drink but also RE stuff ;)
And as Chef you are also Tailor, so ...

/Zimoon

fridge33sam
Intermediate Crafter

Post by fridge33sam » Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:38 pm

Zimoon wrote:Comment: It is good to be in a guild where you can ask them to help you harvest, that is, you put down the harvies to get your expertize/entertainer bonus on them, maintenance and power for more than 22 days (would the Flora spawn stay that long), and /transferStruct NAME to the guildie who must stand nearby. Take notes (or use the SWGAide harvester feature) and tell you guildies when they must go empty them. Finally you use up your own lots :)
Elites are to prefer since it is the less to maintain, just 3 harvies rather than 9 (if they have that many lots free)

It is also good to prepare with harvester droids (with armor due to some creatures do area attack) plus Veghash and organize guild hunting parties when that hide or meat spawns.

Usually guildies tend to be the more helpful when they realize you are the key to some goodies, such as food&drink but also RE stuff ;)
And as Chef you are also Tailor, so ...

/Zimoon
Yep! I was able to 'trade' some afk grinding on Kash for some energy that I needed. I love the system, just hurts when starting out, as we all know or are discovering. :mrgreen: