Starsider - Help

Discuss galaxy specific issues.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

TheeMaker
Novice Crafter

Starsider - Help

Post by TheeMaker » Thu May 21, 2009 5:02 pm

Hello everyone....

After a long leave from the game nearly 2 years I have returned. I decided to go back into structutres and have spents the last few days basicly building up my lost harvesters etc.

My big question is these days what is there a large demand for on Starsider or any server.

Harvesters? Houses? Furniture?

Thanks in advance....

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: Starsider - Help

Post by Zimoon » Thu May 21, 2009 5:14 pm

Welcome back to the game, and welcome to SWGCraft :)

I would say that as an Archie there is always things to sell. With the most recent additions to SWG you would probably try the new windowed houses for some time, as well as the structure recolor kit and the rustic furniture. On the harvester side, hmm, elites is what everyone is looking for, BER 44 at the same footprint; even though it takes 3 lots it is still a better affair than 3 heavies. But of course. The others are rather for fun :)

Furniture, don't know about that but Starsider is known as one of the RP galaxies, possibly people care for housing and furnishing. Demand? Try the market and have fun, if you are active enough people will find you and perhaps you find a market corner nobody else has filled yet.

Two years, OK, even though not too much has happened to crafting during these years I suggest you find the beginners guide at the general crafting forum for a refresher.

Have fun

/Zimoon

Tech Twin
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Tech Twin » Thu May 21, 2009 5:53 pm

I've been on Starsider for a couple months after returning after a couple years, also. I'm still trying to figure the archie market. HArvesters sell well, the new houses are doing okay, Furniture is better sold on a custom basis I'm finding and people want archies that can act as decrators also.

The Namasoon Zoo as featured on Garva's "Home Show"; Nostalgia from SWG of Old!

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Thu May 21, 2009 6:37 pm

"decrator"???

There you owned me, was digging through my on-line dictionaries until I realized you probably meant decorators :oops:

Yes, IMHO the better "social skills" the better business in these cases. Certainly so on a RP galaxy. But that is just my mileage ;)

/Zimoon

Trixie9819
Apprentice Crafter

Post by Trixie9819 » Thu May 21, 2009 6:44 pm

Depends on how much time you want to spend stocking. There is a crying need for a reliable, inexpensive merchant who is in stock with different colors of 'stuff' like beds and tables and chairs.

Making them with no name or with very short names is usually appreciated. 'Blah Blah Bed by Blah Blah the Uber Furnituremaker' just totally screws with RP imersion for a lot of people.

Blissany used to be the best known, she had a shop outside mos eisley and kept it well stocked.

Beastmaster supplies are good too, as a structures trader you do the final assembly of 3 of the 4 consumables. Getting with another couple of traders for them to make the schematics for you will pay off, but it will take a long time to get the right resource spawns.

Ships, right now with the new changes, if you have good resources then you are set. If you don't, then it's like Beastmaster. People want the best. There are a couple of reliable Shipwrights on the server too, so that market will be a bit harder to get into.

Good luck.

Tech Twin
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Tech Twin » Thu May 21, 2009 7:55 pm

Zimoon wrote:"decrator"???

There you owned me, was digging through my on-line dictionaries until I realized you probably meant decorators :oops:

Yes, IMHO the better "social skills" the better business in these cases. Certainly so on a RP galaxy. But that is just my mileage ;)

/Zimoon

My bad... my spelling is attrocious when I type... my mind works faster than my fingers. lol.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Thu May 21, 2009 10:34 pm

Tech Twin wrote:
Zimoon wrote:"decrator"???

/Zimoon
My bad... my spelling is attrocious when I type... my mind works faster than my fingers. lol.
I hope it does, I really do :P
/Zimoon

Tech Twin
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Tech Twin » Fri May 22, 2009 3:45 am

Zimoon wrote:I hope it does, I really do :P
/Zimoon

Your lips to God's Ear! LOL.

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Fri May 22, 2009 3:55 am

Tech Twin wrote:
/Zimoon

Wow, that is a scary thought. :shock:

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Fri May 22, 2009 6:40 am

Savacc wrote:
Tech Twin wrote:
/Zimoon

Wow, that is a scary thought. :shock:
And awkward, either I have to have very spotty ears I can bend downwards, or very ugly, long lips 8)
/Zimoon

Bognor
Novice Crafter

Post by Bognor » Fri May 22, 2009 7:04 pm

Four of us returned to SWG in January, after leaving it for WoW Beta many years ago. We transferred from Intrepid to Starsider.

One of us in now a 90 Structures trader, starting from 0. Most of her market is in furniture and spaceship parts and she is also selling a lot of the new buildings. She has not done much with harvesters, I think. I hear most people want elite harvesters, but I have not tried them yet. My DE is lvl 84 and my chef is 72 and I am still collecting a variety of resources for them. I rarely have 2 harvesters down on the same resource at any time.

The upshot is, it seems to be very easy to level in structures, and I think the market is fairly strong on SS.

Bog
Bognor Regis, formerly Ranger of Coventry, New Coventry, "The Heart of Corellia", Intrepid

Now: Bognor Regis, Elder Ranger, of Starsider, with Aseeta Ahe, Ouijdani Alvadra and Phassi Pt'Pock as supporting cast.