[Starsider] Rotation for updates?

Discuss galaxy specific issues.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Tinsel
I came here on the bandwagon

[Starsider] Rotation for updates?

Post by Tinsel » Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:10 pm

This is aimed at the other major Starsider resource updaters here:

Is there any way we can work out some sort of rotation for updates? Since the transfers we have quite a few more people updating, which is great, but not for the first time has someone overridden me mid-update myself, which wastes a lot of everyone's time, having duplicate work (not to mention wasted credits/droids). We've already driven off quite a lot of the casual Starsider updaters who were lending a hand pre-transfers, I'd hate to see some of the more serious contributors abandon it too.

Perhaps dividing up by day or harvest type? Or some sort of etiquette - don't run your droids if someone else has posted something within the last hour?
Haunna Tanotalos, Elder Chef et al.
-4050 +870, Dantooine, Starsider
http://www.jademoon.org

Belisama
Intermediate Crafter

Re: [Starsider] Rotation for updates?

Post by Belisama » Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:48 pm

Hoi,

i am one of the new Starsider contributors :)

When i am on i am always at trader chat. I suggest to be there as well. If there is anybody else there you can ask if they are updating also. I for myself use SWGAide to update SWGCraft. And i update the data of at least the creature resources usual at friday because i buy resources and sent you my newsletter for it at friday.

I really think that the trader chat is best for it because:
- SOE Forums are to filled to find it fast.
- SWGCraft are not filled enough (it would stay here for month)
- you have to be online to send out the survey droids or check the stats in the resource deed (or write them down from harevsted resources).

If you are already online - why don't join trader chat (the profession chat channel) and chat with fellow traders ? :)

All toons of my family are always in that chatchannel (if it's working as intended *g*)

Best
Beli
Your domestic trader at Starsider TOG Mall: Tat WP -5101 -3308
You have resource for sale ? Check the TOG Holonet Channel for my offer
In Memoriam for all BE

Tinsel
I came here on the bandwagon

Post by Tinsel » Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:39 pm

That is a great idea Belisama - if everyone uses it. I didn't know about it, and I've been crafting from day one... I surely can't be alone!

I'll make it a point to promote it from now on. Maybe just the existence of this post will help.
Haunna Tanotalos, Elder Chef et al.
-4050 +870, Dantooine, Starsider
http://www.jademoon.org

Belisama
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Belisama » Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:50 am

Tinsel wrote:That is a great idea Belisama - if everyone uses it. I didn't know about it, and I've been crafting from day one... I surely can't be alone!
Maybe we meet there one day :)
In Memoriam for all BE

Tech Twin
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Tech Twin » Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:37 pm

hmmm, I didn't know about the trade channel either. I will deffinately get on it.

The Namasoon Zoo as featured on Garva's "Home Show"; Nostalgia from SWG of Old!

Aucob
Novice Crafter

Post by Aucob » Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:50 pm

As a recent transfer to Starsider from Tempest, where I was the only one to update SWGCraft for many months, I am overjoyed to hear of this problem with too many updaters!!! :D

Belisama
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Belisama » Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:57 pm

Aucob wrote:As a recent transfer to Starsider from Tempest, where I was the only one to update SWGCraft for many months, I am overjoyed to hear of this problem with too many updaters!!! :D
We are not to many. Others are welcome :)
We just don't want to do the same work without need :)
In Memoriam for all BE

Aenlic
Novice Crafter

Post by Aenlic » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:40 am

I'm willing to do my part. I've recently returned, after an absence of 5 years. Now that I've finally worked my way through screen after screen of veteran rewards, I'm back to updating, mostly Tatooine for now. I was very happy to see someone has kept the resource listings alive.

While I'm here, can someone verify the Tatooine Domesticated Oats for me? I came up with a PE of 772 for the new Genaba oats on Tatooine, but the SWGcraft system claims that is too high a number for the PE. I get the same numbers on every sample, so it can't be a transcription error or sample error. Might be the upper limit in the coding for PE on that resources needs to be adjusted upwards. Thanks!

Aenlic
Novice Crafter

Post by Aenlic » Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:11 am

Belisama, how would you like to split the updates? I think Hawtie and Fabulous and maybe a few others are also updating. I'm willing to cover anything except the creature resources. I don't have decent armor and weapons yet to run about killing creatures. The composite armor I am wearing was good 5 years ago, but it isn't enough now.

To save travel time and costs, shall we split the galaxy? I'm based on Tatooine, so I could easily cover Tatooine, Lok, Naboo, Rori and Endor and maybe even Corellia once or twice a week, except for creature resources.

Belisama
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Belisama » Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:43 am

For me it's simple:
I sent out a newsletter every friday with my current wishlist (i buy resources). For that i need to know what's out there.

So every friday afternoon i update.

I use survey droids for that and update flora, mineral, chemical, water and gas (all 5 types that works with survey droids).
I also update creature resources with the use of the resource deed (all existing resources, exept seafood. Sometimes, when i am short on time i don't do the eggs as well).

The rest i leave for the others :)

The rest - that is mustafar, seafood (that i think nobody update *g*) and the other days.

Afaik Hawtie update creature resources usual at wednesday. Not sure about the others.

I tent to ask in trader chat before i start to update. :)

Best
Bel
In Memoriam for all BE

Aenlic
Novice Crafter

Post by Aenlic » Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:31 am

The resource deed! (kicks himself vigorously in the behind) A very clever use of the deed. Wish I'd thought of it before using all 5 of my veteran deeds.

Well, I'll update as needed, then. I always do Tatooine, once a day. It's only a few moments work to see if anything has changed and update accordingly.

Belisama
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Belisama » Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:23 am

Aenlic wrote:The resource deed! (kicks himself vigorously in the behind) A very clever use of the deed. Wish I'd thought of it before using all 5 of my veteran deeds.
It's not only my idea ;)
Aenlic wrote: Well, I'll update as needed, then. I always do Tatooine, once a day. It's only a few moments work to see if anything has changed and update accordingly.
And other planets if you saw that something is depleted that your harvesters where trying to get. That is in my eyes the minimum i could expect from anybody who use SWGCraft ;)

Best
Bel
In Memoriam for all BE

Hawtie
Novice Crafter

Post by Hawtie » Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:04 pm

For months now I've been updating the 5 surveyables & Creature Resources on Monday & Wednesday mornings. Sometimes I would update on other days & wknds, but have been seeing others contributing and backed off. If I need to back off for Monday & Wednesday, please let me know. Thanks.

Aenlic
Novice Crafter

Post by Aenlic » Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:46 pm

Hawtie wrote:For months now I've been updating the 5 surveyables & Creature Resources on Monday & Wednesday mornings. Sometimes I would update on other days & wknds, but have been seeing others contributing and backed off. If I need to back off for Monday & Wednesday, please let me know. Thanks.
No need to back off, Hawtie! I don't have time to do all the planets very often, since I'm still levelling my characters. But I try to keep Tatooine surveyables current, at least, almost every day, and other planets as I end up on them for other reasons. If you want me to share the load a bit on surveyables for other planets, I'd be happy to help.