Scylla Traders

Discuss galaxy specific issues.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Post Reply
Narat
Novice Crafter
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:12 pm
Location: Scylla

Scylla Traders

Post by Narat » Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:39 pm

Are there any traders from Scylla using SWG craft?

Zimoon
Forum Moderator
Posts: 4817
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 6:55 am
Location: Stockholm, SE
Contact:

Re: Scylla Traders

Post by Zimoon » Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:13 pm

Don't know but just wanted to say "Welcome here!" :D

Narat
Novice Crafter
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:12 pm
Location: Scylla

Re: Scylla Traders

Post by Narat » Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:55 pm

Yeah me either, i posted on the SOE galaxy trade forums to see who on the server actually used the site and sadly enough the few that i responded found it to be too time consuming to put for the effort. Well now that i am using the SWG AIDE tool time consuming effort seems to be running from planet to planet hunting and then trying to remember. Sure for the small time trader who drops 3 harvestors it might be but for me dropping 20+ harvestors every week or so the less time i spend on surveying the better off i am.

I know that eventually more guys from scylla will reform and come over especially if i doing the surveying for them. I actually just did a facory run of the IS Droids and survey tools. Im so geared up for this........ : :wink:

Zimoon
Forum Moderator
Posts: 4817
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 6:55 am
Location: Stockholm, SE
Contact:

Re: Scylla Traders

Post by Zimoon » Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:06 pm

Narat wrote:Yeah me either, i posted on the SOE galaxy trade forums to see who on the server actually used the site and sadly enough the few that i responded found it to be too time consuming to put for the effort. Well now that i am using the SWG AIDE tool time consuming effort seems to be running from planet to planet hunting and then trying to remember. Sure for the small time trader who drops 3 harvestors it might be but for me dropping 20+ harvestors every week or so the less time i spend on surveying the better off i am.

I know that eventually more guys from scylla will reform and come over especially if i doing the surveying for them. I actually just did a facory run of the IS Droids and survey tools. Im so geared up for this........ : :wink:
As soon as your account turns 6 month you will have that 30k resource deed we all talk about, THAT is an awesome utility in game. To sad too many players do not realize it until too late and then the 30k is soon gone and so is the utility :(

/Zimoon

Narat
Novice Crafter
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:12 pm
Location: Scylla

Re: Scylla Traders

Post by Narat » Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:47 pm

Ha ha I have about 15 of them sitting in a cabinet. I have about 18 toons on one server and 7 traders of which 4 of the accounts have elders that date date back to the launch of the game. But I still find those dam things clumsy. I have always been a shipwright and did pretty well for myself as the populations died off, I began making more traders to compensate for the loss of players. Some of the trades I just wont mess with, others i tend to enjoy. I was a frequent user of the old swg craft site but about 8 months ago i left the game for a break. Hell after 4 1/2 years I figured i deserved a vacation. When I came back i found the server to the same but i felt like i was starting all over again. So I began looking again at other sites and thats how i came across the swg craft site again. The tool is fantastic especially when trying to manage resources for 7 traders. Its almost like having a full time job.
I know that the kits are nice but I truly hate using them. Of course when you are trying to get the best of the best they do come in handy. I love the randomness of the spawns and thats what truly keeps me going. being able to go out and find a spawn and harvest millions of it knowing its the best spawn in the over a year and you got it just gives you a warm feeling of accomplishment and luck. I have never sold my resources on the market and at present i have over 400 million units of the best spawns in our galaxy. Its my form of collections and no one ever knows but me what I have gotten.

Belisama
Intermediate Crafter
Posts: 248
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:06 pm
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: Scylla Traders

Post by Belisama » Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:09 pm

Narat wrote:I know that the kits are nice but I truly hate using them....
I think Zimoon mean how to use them without using them. that means: How to check resource stats without getting any resources but keeping the deed. :)
Image
Your domestic trader at Starsider TOG Mall: Tat WP -5101 -3308
You have resource for sale ? Check the TOG Holonet Channel for my offer
In Memoriam for all BE

Narat
Novice Crafter
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:12 pm
Location: Scylla

Re: Scylla Traders

Post by Narat » Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:25 pm

Yeah thats what i thought too. I still think the things are clumsy and my personal preference is just star port hopping. I use my laptop to update the stats while i survey on my desktop. It just seems easier to me.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator
Posts: 4817
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 6:55 am
Location: Stockholm, SE
Contact:

Re: Scylla Traders

Post by Zimoon » Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:20 pm

Narat wrote:Yeah thats what i thought too. I still think the things are clumsy and my personal preference is just star port hopping. I use my laptop to update the stats while i survey on my desktop. It just seems easier to me.
Everybody is happy with their own fashion I guess ;)

I wouldn't be able to cover Flora at Gorath every third day in less than 15 minutes each time with starport hopping, no way, and then I wouldn't do it at all. Creature resources would be impossible to really cover, it would just be one here and a few there.

Minerals and chemicals are different, they do not spawn so many new a week, but you need to figure out at which planets, and there the ISDroids are handy. These few are possibly doable by starport-hopping, yes.

/Zimoon

User avatar
Monty Burns
Master Crafter
Posts: 549
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:26 am
Location: New Zealand

Re: Scylla Traders

Post by Monty Burns » Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:41 am

I was for a long time a starport hopper and at my best I got a planets survey down to around 7-8 minutes but it had to be done daily and you had to get luck with the survey spawns and concentrations, fortunately I am a little wealthier now and can afford ISD's and a 30k Crate.

It now takes longer to do the Renewable energy survey via planet hoping than it does to do Flora, Chemical, Gas and Mineral surveys by droid.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest