Thank you, Larena, and you will be missed

Comments on the latest news about crafting and Star Wars Galaxies.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Onyx
Chef Forum Moderator

Thank you, Larena, and you will be missed

Post by Onyx » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:40 am

Apologies if someone else posted the info here on SWGCraft, I couldn't find it.

For many years, an incredible player named Larena kept the resource stats alive for all of Kettemoor. Even those who never met her in-game or talked to her respected her for her efforts.

http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/post ... id=1187054

As of about a month ago, she is now no longer with us. Friends posted information a few days ago but it's taken that long for the news to be realized. Life is fragile, I forget that sometimes. Despite the many hardships we are dealt, when things like this happen they do put our woes into a different perspective.
Onyx, Chef Forum Moderator

Whitley's Fine Food & Drinks
Open for business since June 2004 -- Twilight's End, Naboo (-3036, 5300), Kettemoor

Official Domestic Goods Senator

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: Thank you, Larena, and you will be missed

Post by Zimoon » Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:03 pm

Thanks Onyx, yes, life is fragile :(
Zimoon

Onyx
Chef Forum Moderator

Post by Onyx » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:30 am

I'm really somewhat still in shock. Here's just one thread which indicates what she meant to the community of Kette. She had announced a short break. I still very much remember how the rest of us attempted to pick up where she'd left off and discovered what an incredibly difficult task she'd been doing.

http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/post ... c_id=46708
Onyx, Chef Forum Moderator

Whitley's Fine Food & Drinks
Open for business since June 2004 -- Twilight's End, Naboo (-3036, 5300), Kettemoor

Official Domestic Goods Senator

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:07 pm

To be honest, too many players do not understand the true value of this site but take it more or less for granted; like teenagers that do not value whatever their parents do for them. Larena was one of those players who contributed without thought of reward.

Even with SWGAide, ISDroids, and a 30k crate it takes time to keep SWGCraft uptodate; unless several players share the task it quickly becomes a chore. But it can be as the saying goes: shared joy is double joy.

I am touched to see how some SWG players care so much for one another that when they fall ill, or even pass away, a large community react and want to display their feelings and respect. There seems to be real hearts behind some pixel-toons, right?

Zimoon

ziso
Novice Crafter

Post by ziso » Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:04 am

Sorry to hear about your friend, we recently lost somone on Farstar due to the earthquakes in Japan and it does indeed show how fragile life is. My father has been on a 6 week cruise around the world and he was in Christchurch as part of the cruise just 3 days before the earthquake hit there and that hit home abit with myself.

On Farstar we had a nice understanding with SWgcraft, Ersa did it all Mon-Wed and myself Thur-Sun. When Ersa left SWG just before Xmas i was left more or less responsible for updating the site.

Zimoon, your 100% right, so many take it for granted. Im lucky as a BM equipment maker i have all trader types so can easily knock up a batch of ISD droids etc but still its 45 mins to an hour out of your schudule a day to do (longer for me if i get chatting in Guild chat but i do the update on unknown to non guildies alt to cut chat down)
I posted a SWGcraft thread on Farstar forums as due to work i only tend to play fri-sun with some Thur when i can and needed help Mon-Wed on the site as im not online at all. For 2 months i was left alone to update the site, logging on after a 12-14 hour day at work when all i wanted was bed, but im happy to say now, i have help Mon-Wed on the site.

One day on Farstar, we may even get a capped resource lol.

But all the little moans about updating the site, being tired from work etc, you really have to put it into perspectiv and realise how lucky we all are really and to enjoy life as its been proven its so fragile