Ideas and discussions on third party tools and utilities

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Tharek Tolemac
Intermediate Crafter

SPLIT FROM: Please delete incorrect resource

Post by Tharek Tolemac » Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:11 pm

Can someone please check this resource?

http://www.swgcraft.org/dev/show_resource.php?id=670317

It was wrong added with CD instead of CR. I added the right CR now, but when I look it up with SWGAide, it still creates an error because the imported CR is still 0 and I cant change it in SWGAide manually.
Last edited by Zimoon on Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Split and moved to SWGAide forum

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Please delete incorrect resource

Post by Zimoon » Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:05 pm

I interpret the post such as...
The gemstone seems as an old gemstone.
You have corrected its stats, from CD to CR.
At inventory panel in SWGAide you lookup the resource but SWGAide displays the old stats.

Have you exited SWGAide and restarted? That should clear the cache and remove the faulty entry.
Do you have an entry of this resource in inventory with the wrong stats (should be impossible)? Delete the entry and restart.

That said, I see a problem in SWGAide if this is a resource that is or was in spawn recently. Or rather, I see a problem in my head 8) I tried to be too smart and avoid too many queries to SWGCraft, if the resource is cached that instance is used, which will never update it :(

I will add the means to always enforce a lookup of all resources to verify its data. I will think about this a day or two and see what the best way to do this is.

If the restart workaround does not work, please tell me. And then tell look through the questions and tell me a little more so I can pinpoint why this old resource is not purged from the cache when SWGAide exits.

/Zimoon

Tharek Tolemac
Intermediate Crafter

Re: Please delete incorrect resource

Post by Tharek Tolemac » Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:14 pm

Zimoon wrote:I interpret the post such as...
The gemstone seems as an old gemstone. YES
You have corrected its stats, from CD to CR. YES
At inventory panel in SWGAide you lookup the resource but SWGAide displays the old stats. YES

Have you exited SWGAide and restarted? YES, didnt solve the problem. (Also waited some days, so the computer was restarted between) That should clear the cache and remove the faulty entry.
Do you have an entry of this resource in inventory with the wrong stats (should be impossible)? Delete the entry and restart. NO, because when I select ok, it says the CR of 0 is out of the allowed range.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: SPLIT FROM: Please delete incorrect resource

Post by Zimoon » Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:23 pm

OK, hmmm, there is definitely a flaw in the logic somewhere that keeps it around. SWGAide is supposed to purge resources from cache that have been depleted for some days, only if they exist in some collection such as inventory it should retain. Either way, this tells us there is a flaw but I also need to fix that update thing so it always queries SWGCraft. I thought I fixed that when looking into that some-Musty-resources-exceed-cap thing :?

Give me a few days please.

/Zimoon

Tharek Tolemac
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Tharek Tolemac » Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:47 am

Thanks mate. :)

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:27 pm

This is really odd, SWGAide indeed does everything correct and I doubt the faulty entry is even cached in the first place. I see that at the web-page (the link above) the CD is gone, but ...

Sobuno
This is what I get when I do a SOAP query "ResourceInfo" for id=670317
SWGResourceStats[ER=340 CR=312 CD=312 DR=275 HR=765 MA=223 OQ=946 SR=349 UT=310]

As you see the SOAP response includes CD and CR. This test is done outside SWGAide, no cache involved. Hence...

Why this inconsistency between the web display and what the SOAP server provides?
Why was not CD cleared when it was edited to 0?

/Zimoon

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:32 pm

TT, I received a word from Sobuno that he found an issue with the service SWGAide is communicating with. However, he will not be able to apply a fix for another 10 days or so, and I think he better is around the days after that fix in the case something else breaks. I hope you can live with this for two weeks or so.

/Zimoon

Tharek Tolemac
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Tharek Tolemac » Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:54 am

Sure, dont worry.

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:20 pm

The fix was applied last night.

Tharek Tolemac
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Tharek Tolemac » Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:56 am

This is interesting. Now, when I look Evearig up, it says: "no such resource atSWGcraft.org"... note the difference to normal, when it says "no resource Evearig at Gorath (for example) at SWGcraft.org".

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:08 am

Try again.

It is possible that Sobuno did some stealth fix after your post, which I doubt because of what he told me in a PM 2 days ago. Otherwise, it works for me, try this

Code: Select all

http://www.swgcraft.org/dev/find_resources.php?name=Evearig&class=&server=0&planet[]=0&searchby=m&er=&cr=&cd=&dr=&fl=&hr=&ma=&pe=&oq=&sr=&ut=&s=rating&o=1
The empty [] in the middle of the URL makes it impossible to post it as an URL here, so copy&paste :)
Click Modify Search to see how I did it.

Tell us how you did the search, possibly there is a trick to it.

/Zimoon

Tharek Tolemac
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Tharek Tolemac » Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:36 am

Yes, I know how the swgcraft search works 8) . But try to add it in SWGAide and then tell me what happens. ;)

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:55 pm

Reverted to previous version of SOAP server.

Tharek Tolemac
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Tharek Tolemac » Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:39 pm

Now I can look it up in SWGAide again, but it has CR 0 again. :lol:

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:40 pm

Thanks a lot Tharek, I was so very close to call this an EBCAK issue but I scrutinized my own DAT file, and loo and behold, I found the resource there. And I am positive that I do not have it anywhere in my repositories. How on earth could it stay retained in the file cache? Hmmm, debugging, and that revealed an evil bug in the retirement logic, no resources that had been looked up from SWGCraft outside their spawn-window were retired, ever.

Bug is fixed and will be part of the upcoming version. Would decrease the DAT file, but just marginally. But it will definitely ensure that exit/launching SWGAide will clean out resources from cache that are not found in any other collection in SWGAide, such as inventory.

I am deeply sorry for this but am happy that you persisted and made me look deeply at this a tenth time of whatever it was 8)

/Zimoon