Resource deed Killer App?

Ideas and discussions on third party tools and utilities

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Cetnech
Novice Crafter

Resource deed Killer App?

Post by Cetnech » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:05 pm

Has anyone tried to come up with an app that would use a resource deed to go through all the currently spawning resources and record them? I think an autoit script or even a macro could do lots of the work of navigating through the resource options on the crate but I'm not really sure about reading the data.. I guess you would need to scrape the screen and do some ocr.

Anyway, I'm sure I'm not the first who has thought of this, but has anyone actually tried it?

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: Resource deed Killer App?

Post by Zimoon » Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:08 pm

Cetnech wrote:Has anyone tried to come up with an app that would use a resource deed to go through all the currently spawning resources and record them? I think an autoit script or even a macro could do lots of the work of navigating through the resource options on the crate but I'm not really sure about reading the data.. I guess you would need to scrape the screen and do some ocr.

Anyway, I'm sure I'm not the first who has thought of this, but has anyone actually tried it?
You are not the first, that is correct, but I am unaware of any such app, however, I am perhaps not visiting every dusk corner there is so ... 8)

OCR would be the way. Better would be to travel to Alderaan and learn the ways of the force :D :lol: :roll:
/Zimoon
Last edited by Savacc on Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:14 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Reason: SWGCraft in no way wishes to condone nor advocate hacking SOE's game code

Diggity
Novice Crafter

Post by Diggity » Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:23 am

Zimoon wrote:
Cetnech wrote:Has anyone tried to come up with an app that would use a resource deed to go through all the currently spawning resources and record them? I think an autoit script or even a macro could do lots of the work of navigating through the resource options on the crate but I'm not really sure about reading the data.. I guess you would need to scrape the screen and do some ocr.

You are not the first, that is correct, but I am unaware of any such app, however, I am perhaps not visiting every dusk corner there is so ... 8)

OCR would be the way. Better would be to travel to Alderaan and learn the ways of the force :D :lol: :roll:
/Zimoon
Someone may have written an Auto-It macro, but I suspect that after ending up with several stacks of useless resource, they went back to the good 'ole ISD's.

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:23 pm

The "Terms of Use" agreement you accept every time you log on to SWG prohibits using third party programs while playing SWG. We at SWGCraft wish to encourage all of our users to be good citizens of the game we all love.

This forum "Third Party Utilities" is for third party programs to run with our site, SWGCraft, not to promote or discuss, third party programs to run with the game.