Page 1 of 1

A harvester reminder

Posted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:35 pm
by Nidin
Hi guys, I am yet another returning crafter. I like the changes to the site, looks great!

I am looking for an .xls that used to be out there, may be grossly out dated now, but it kept track of power and maintenance paid to harvesters. I have seen quite a few things floating around now and have started using SWGAide but the one thing I really need is something to remind me about harvesters and power.

Before I start making something up on my own, I thought I would just ask if there is something available still. I see with the expertise things could be a bit tricky but a reminder within a few hours for now is better then nothing at all.

Re: A harvester reminder

Posted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:12 pm
by panino76
Nidin wrote:Hi guys, I am yet another returning crafter. I like the changes to the site, looks great!

I am looking for an .xls that used to be out there, may be grossly out dated now, but it kept track of power and maintenance paid to harvesters. I have seen quite a few things floating around now and have started using SWGAide but the one thing I really need is something to remind me about harvesters and power.

Before I start making something up on my own, I thought I would just ask if there is something available still. I see with the expertise things could be a bit tricky but a reminder within a few hours for now is better then nothing at all.
I remember such a tool, but for what I know, it's not here around anymore. What where the features of this tool?

Re: A harvester reminder

Posted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:37 pm
by Nidin
It was pretty simple;
- it had a selection for the harvester type / size you were using
- a timestamp for when it was placed
- an entry for how much power and maintenance was put in
- would return the next time that one or the other (power or maint, which ever ran out first) would be required again.

I have a terrible memory sometimes, especially when dealing with 20+ harvesters. again, with some of the changes to the crafting profession since I last played ( expertise and ent buffs ) time could change, and things could get a little tricky but a general reminder personally would be what I am looking for. I have been searching forums etc looking for something that would do but i think I am gonna write something myself.

edit: I do see there are several tools running around now, I will admit i have not tried them all out, but just glanced over any notes if they have them. So if there is something hidden in a tool that is being used as something else I would really appreciate knowing what its in.

Re: A harvester reminder

Posted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:54 pm
by panino76
Nidin wrote:It was pretty simple;
- it had a selection for the harvester type / size you were using
- a timestamp for when it was placed
- an entry for how much power and maintenance was put in
- would return the next time that one or the other (power or maint, which ever ran out first) would be required again.

I have a terrible memory sometimes, especially when dealing with 20+ harvesters. again, with some of the changes to the crafting profession since I last played ( expertise and ent buffs ) time could change, and things could get a little tricky but a general reminder personally would be what I am looking for. I have been searching forums etc looking for something that would do but i think I am gonna write something myself.

edit: I do see there are several tools running around now, I will admit i have not tried them all out, but just glanced over any notes if they have them. So if there is something hidden in a tool that is being used as something else I would really appreciate knowing what its in.
Inside the tool that I'm currently developing and maintaining (Jenner and Fooman tool) there isn't such a thing, simply because there wasn't in the original project and I never felt the need to add this tool, but it could be a nice idea to implement a sheet with the features you've listed.

Re: A harvester reminder

Posted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:23 pm
by Nidin
Well, that probably won't be necessary. If the old project has gone away, and no one has picked it since, others may not feel they need it or would use it.

Since I am just getting back into the game I am not even up to heavies yet (crafting wise, tho i should be today) could be that most people just dump a tonne of resources and credits in and don't worry about it for the length of time the resource is around. I personally don't have a huge surplus of either so I tend to want to watch my harvesters closely.

Re: A harvester reminder

Posted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:44 pm
by HydroTek
Personally, I just put in enough power and maintenance for at least 14 days, usually either the harvester is full or the resource has ran out at this time.

Then every 2 or 3 days make harvester runs, depending on the percentage of resources they are sitting on, ...rather empty them before they are full than have them just sit there full.

Just my opinion :wink:

Re: A harvester reminder

Posted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:45 pm
by Hodru
I suspect this may be what you are referring to. It is pretty outdated, but might not be too hard to update. I've attached the file here (I think).

Re: A harvester reminder

Posted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:04 pm
by Nidin
Ahh, yes, thank you very much. That is the one, tho farther along then I remember the last version I had. I appreciate the help!

Re: A harvester reminder

Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:37 pm
by velrahnkoon
I've got an updated version of the Lot Management tool. Includes the elite harvesters and I've updated the maintenance/power requirements for all structures and included expertise variables. Plus I've added two sheets that let you predict when a factory run will finish and how much material you can harvest based upon harvester BER and resource density (one day I plan to automate that, just haven't gotten around to it yet).


http://www.mediafire.com/?j3ibziuw3gy

Re: A harvester reminder

Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:10 pm
by Nidin
ahh, thanks anyways. With the old one I was able to update it and change it some to suit my needs for what I am doing.

Thank you for posting though, I appreciate it!

Re: A harvester reminder

Posted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:50 pm
by dew1960
velrahnkoon wrote:I've got an updated version of the Lot Management tool. Includes the elite harvesters and I've updated the maintenance/power requirements for all structures and included expertise variables. Plus I've added two sheets that let you predict when a factory run will finish and how much material you can harvest based upon harvester BER and resource density (one day I plan to automate that, just haven't gotten around to it yet).


http://www.mediafire.com/?j3ibziuw3gy
This looks good, is there some way to import my information? I know I can save mail, and I do that to use with SWG Aide, is there some way to save datapad info and is there some way to save lot info, inventory, house inventory, vendor inventory, etc? I keep losing lots, LOL ... and it drives me nuts trying to keep up with which harvesters I have working on which resource and the waypoints to them. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. I play 4 different trader characters on the same server (2 accounts) so I need help managing all the information I need to be tracking.

Re: A harvester reminder

Posted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:09 pm
by Zimoon
Is this kind of harvester managing something similar to what SWGAide now supports thanks to Oarun? Any feedback on that feature is welcomed :)

/Zimoon