JnF's SWGCTool v2.0.2 - Official Thread

Ideas and discussions on third party tools and utilities

Moderator: Forum Moderator

panino76
Intermediate Crafter

Re: JnF's SWGCTool v1.8 - Official Thread

Post by panino76 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:39 am

agida wrote:Thanks for the feedback and input on upcoming versions. I do have to say that the old schematic screen was slow but it had lots of functionality.

I even added a feature that told me how many items I could make with the resources required. The Optional components and their build were good too.

I can put up with the slow speed because of the functionality. especially the pricing feature and ability to figure out what I needed for like a crate of stuff.

I have tried too to update the program but not found the time to get things working the way I'd like either.

Love what you are doing and the 2.1 feature sounds like a great function. Something that I have started to do with the code in my personal version is comment all the stuff that's going on. This would let other programmers help out if you like.

I did add a little feature in the Crafting sheet - put the total number of resources available and how much of each resource is needed for the schematic and also the optional and required components. Trying to figure out how to put in the optional components name.

I would love to figure out how to make the schematic tab faster. there's got to be a way other then buying a quad core cpu - lol.

anyway great work - love the spreadsheet.

Luv
Agida
That's why I commented almost all the code related to that feature, I preferred to start writing a new piece of code (the "Crafting Sheet") instead of trying to fix the old one....it was too slow and really not optimized.

I know that my crafting sheet doesn't offer the same functionalities, and in one previoud post I said I'd have expanded its functionalities to cover all the crafter's needs. I'm working on a prototype that should simulate the experimentation process, so that you can have a solid idea of what the item will be once experimented, before starting the real experimentation process ingame. It's quite complex, but when/if it will be ready I'll add this to the tool too.

To be honest, I never used the Schematics sheet in the old tool, so I don't really know what where the functionalities offered. But from what you say I understand it was a great helper, so, since it seems that you know what you're talking about :D, I'd ask you if you can give me a list, as detailed as possible, of functionalities that were offered from the old tool, so that I have something to work on.

As I said in my first post, every hint on how to improve the tool is always welcome :)

Artax Wavingwalker

agida
Apprentice Crafter

Post by agida » Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:53 pm

Hello Artax,

I so appreciate the time you have taken in fixing the code and such. I have some down time between projects now and I'll start looking at the code and see if there is something I can figure out for this tool on the schematics too.

Re-engineering code that has minimal comments is always tough. I will look at the tool and see what I can figure out to tell you. Although if you look at the original version and find a schematic that has both required and optional and press all the buttons you can see the functionality that is there in the sheet.

What I use to do was to determine what I needed to craft like a Harvestor and then put that in the choice. The schematic would then determine which resources were best, although i'd have liked if the tool would have found the best resource with enough to create the part. then you could ask it to create a bill of material that would do the requirement for the sub-components and/or optional components that would then give you the total resources that you need to make the schematic. There also was a pricing function to give you an idea of the cost of making the schematic and/or a 'x' quantity.

I will try to uncomment the code and see if the schematic still works and see if I can figure a better way to do the coding. Just have to get my head around the code and see what is required - which is the fun part as I'll have to walk the code in the debugger to see what get's executed.

Again - thanks for the awesome job.
Agida - Rebel Ace - Master Shipwright - Flurry
Shop near Nashal /wp 4636 4459
http://www.swg-piloten.com/html/agida_s ... _shop.html

Illrigger
Novice Crafter

Post by Illrigger » Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:00 am

Really looking forward to the new munitions trader schems being put in after they go live tomorrow. You've made an addict out of me, Artax :(

panino76
Intermediate Crafter

Post by panino76 » Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:59 pm

Hello folks,

this is just to say I'm alive :lol: and working on version 2.0 of the tool

I'm on vacation so I don't have a lot of time to work on it, but I hope to have it finished in 2-3 days. I'm finishing a procedure to make the transition between different versions of the tool much easier (I hope it wil require just one click to be done)

I've made a lot of work to align the tool with the zimoon's resource tree xml file, so, when you'll import your schematic database into the new version, it may happen you'll get some errors, anyway I'll explain how to fix them without too much pain.

Obviously, the version 2.0 will include the new munition schematics (togheter with the instances' weapons), and I hope all the lightsabers schems (I'll eventually include them under the munition ones...in the end, they are weapons)

Well, that's all for now, stay tuned :)

Artax Wavingwalker

Zarrak Galactic
Novice Crafter

Post by Zarrak Galactic » Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:15 pm

Well, I just downloaded this and am having the same issue. Nomatter what I choose to do, I'm sent to a "debugger" and told things don't exist. Yes the dll file is in the system 32 directory. I'm using Windows XP.

When I open the file: File Error: Data may have been lost

Choose Trader: Engineering: Sent to visual basic with error: Compile error: Can't find project or library

With the word Format highlighted in the following line:

For k = 1 To 11
If (sngCmprMatrix(1, k) And Val(Worksheets("NoException List").Cells(swgSchematicResources(J).Index, k + 1).Value)) And (sngCmprMatrix(2, k) > 0) Then
strKeyList = strKeyList & Worksheets("Data All").Cells(1, k + 6).Value & Format(((sngCmprMatrix(2, k) + (swgSchematicResources(J).Key / intCnt))), "#%") & ";"
End If

Download current resources: Same error with Chr highlighted in the following line

'Download.Show 'Bring up the "download" box
Dim msg As String
msg = "An updated version of the file with the current resource data is available on swgcraft.co.uk for download." & _
Chr(10) & Chr(10) & "Do you want to download it now?"

Update tool, same error with Format highlighted in the following:

For k = 1 To 11
If (sngCmprMatrix(1, k) And Val(Worksheets("NoException List").Cells(swgSchematicResources(J).Index, k + 1).Value)) And (sngCmprMatrix(2, k) > 0) Then
strKeyList = strKeyList & Worksheets("Data All").Cells(1, k + 6).Value & Format(((sngCmprMatrix(2, k) + (swgSchematicResources(J).Key / intCnt))), "#%") & ";"
End If

I would try the fix noted here but I am not a program by any stretch and I don't know how to get into this VBE to do what is suggested.

Anyway, that's what's happening and I hope you can help me. I'd love to try out what looks to be a very useful tool.
Go to Schematics and get same error with first line of this highlighted
Private Sub UserForm_Initialize()
Dim i As Integer
Dim schematic As ListItem
Dim profFound As Boolean

Illrigger
Novice Crafter

Post by Illrigger » Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:27 pm

Zarrak Galactic wrote:Well, I just downloaded this and am having the same issue....
The answer is here on the first and second pages of the thread. The only correction is that it's not the "extras" menu you need to click, but the one to the left of it. Click the top item in that menu, find the item(s) that say "MISSING", and remove them.

agida
Apprentice Crafter

Post by agida » Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:14 am

Hello all, I too had this problem but I downloaded Microsoft Office XP Web Components as the VB seems to be looking for them.
Here are the references I have when I bring up the 1.8 version. I had trouble as I'm running Excel 2007.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... laylang=EN
Agida Iwosse - Corbantis - Shipwright
Agida - Rebel Ace - Master Shipwright - Flurry
Shop near Nashal /wp 4636 4459

panino76
Intermediate Crafter

Post by panino76 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:37 pm

Zarrak Galactic wrote: ...
I would try the fix noted here but I am not a program by any stretch and I don't know how to get into this VBE to do what is suggested.
Hello my friend,
unfortunately this is an old Excel bug, and it's due to the fact that it retains in memory links to old libraries no more existing. Unfortunately I've no chance to fix it since it's not related to this tool in particular, but you will notice this problem with every excel sheet that uses macro.

Anyway, when the error happens, click on the Debug button, and follow the istructions on the first and second page of this thread. I'm pretty sure you will be able to solve the problem in no-time.

Artax Wavingwalker

panino76
Intermediate Crafter

Post by panino76 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:40 pm

agida wrote:Hello all, I too had this problem but I downloaded Microsoft Office XP Web Components as the VB seems to be looking for them.
Here are the references I have when I bring up the 1.8 version. I had trouble as I'm running Excel 2007.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... laylang=EN
Agida Iwosse - Corbantis - Shipwright
Unfortunately, I hadn't chance to try it on the 2007 version so some incompatibilities may happens. I hope to have it "2007 compatible" with version 2.1.

On a side note version 2.0 is ready, I've finished the insertion of all (I hope they are complete as mush as possible) munition schematics. In these days I'm writing a small html manual, so that the use of the tool will be easier.

I hope to upload it in the next 2-3 days.

Have a nice day 8)

Artax Wavingwalker

Illrigger
Novice Crafter

Post by Illrigger » Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:44 pm

Yay for version 2.0!

BTW, I am running v1.8 on Excel 2007 and while it has the same issues as older versions of Excel, the same steps fixed it for me.

Edra
Novice Crafter

Post by Edra » Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:41 pm

Is there any way to get this to work with OpenOffice 2.4? I keep getting "BASIC syntax error. Symbol expected"...

panino76
Intermediate Crafter

Post by panino76 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:12 pm

Edra wrote:Is there any way to get this to work with OpenOffice 2.4? I keep getting "BASIC syntax error. Symbol expected"...
Unfortunately this tool was conceived and developed to be run under Excel, this is why you get some errors trying to execute it under OO...it just was never tested (and fixed) under OpenOffice.

Today, I received via PM the same request, to try and make it compatible with OO. Unfortunately it's too late for version 2.0, but as I said in an earlier reply, I'll not miss the opportunity to test the version 2.1 under OO and see if it's doable or not.

Artax Wavingwalker

kbuegel
Novice Crafter

Post by kbuegel » Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:24 pm

So is there a partially complete GU5 version of the J&F tool/spreadsheet that anyone is working on?

I used to beta test this tool with Fooman, and I'm semi-comfortable with updating the code in visual basic and making changes to formulas in excel to get the tool working. I have a 2-year old version, but I figured other folks are already working on it, so I don't want to duplicate effort. So if anyone has this tool with any type of updates, I'll gladly get it working and share it openly with all. Please PM with details, or send it to my "Real" email: kbuegel @ yahoo.com (yes, I already get lots of spam, so I don't care if posting it here gets me a bit more).

Also, has anyone else noticed that the resource spawns that have occured since GU5 have been very high stats, except for OQ? I need to check all the galaxies, but I think maybe the DEV's at SWG tweaked the resource spawn code and didn't tell anyone. On my galaxy, Tempest, more than half the resources up have stats at 95% or better based on the cap for that type of resource. The only stat that seems random is OQ, but all other stats seem to lean toward the 90%+ range.

Illrigger
Novice Crafter

Post by Illrigger » Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:48 pm

kbuegel wrote:So is there a partially complete GU5 version of the J&F tool/spreadsheet that anyone is working on?

I used to beta test this tool with Fooman, and I'm semi-comfortable with updating the code in visual basic and making changes to formulas in excel to get the tool working. I have a 2-year old version, but I figured other folks are already working on it, so I don't want to duplicate effort. So if anyone has this tool with any type of updates, I'll gladly get it working and share it openly with all. Please PM with details, or send it to my "Real" email: kbuegel @ yahoo.com (yes, I already get lots of spam, so I don't care if posting it here gets me a bit more).

Also, has anyone else noticed that the resource spawns that have occured since GU5 have been very high stats, except for OQ? I need to check all the galaxies, but I think maybe the DEV's at SWG tweaked the resource spawn code and didn't tell anyone. On my galaxy, Tempest, more than half the resources up have stats at 95% or better based on the cap for that type of resource. The only stat that seems random is OQ, but all other stats seem to lean toward the 90%+ range.
Not to sound TOO mean, but did you bother to read this thread at ALL before you posted? Artax posted on this very page that the GU5 version is done, and he's working on documentation and then will post it.

You do have to realize that "Artax Days" as I like to call them, are equivalent to 5-7 Earth days, so expect when he says 2-3 days to wait a week or two. :P (Sorry, Artax, couldn't resist!) His work, however, is well worth the wait. The app has improved significantly in speed since he took over custodianship.

As far as your second question, I haven't seen any significant change in the resource spawns since GU5. On Sunrunner, the last two weeks have seen several excellent spawns, OQ and otherwise, the week before there were only a tiny number of even marginal ones (I stock up on crap resources for POB ship constuction on those weeks). It's as random as ever.

Alebreath
Novice Crafter

Post by Alebreath » Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:08 pm

Illrigger wrote:
kbuegel wrote:I have a 2-year old version, but I figured other folks are already working on it, so I don't want to duplicate effort.
Not to sound TOO mean, but did you bother to read this thread at ALL before you posted?
I don't think you're being overly harsh. I'm not even sure that Mssr. Beugel even read the very first post, much less anything in between.

Note: "I have a 2-year old version"
vs. the first post
"PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:12 am" with a big ole DOWNLOAD link at the bottom of it.

The tool doesn't work in Office 97, either. (I'm not going to spend money to upgrade a software package that I only use a few hours per year, doubly so when OpenOffice does exactly the same for free)
The Web Components from Office XP got rid of most of the errors I was having, but any button I click still throws VBA errors that you'd THINK would have been in the '97 version of Office (like 'middle', or 'len' on a string)

Frustrating that I can only use it at work. =)