JnF's SWGCTool v2.0.2 - Official Thread

Ideas and discussions on third party tools and utilities

Moderator: Forum Moderator

snuff0r
Novice Crafter

Re: *NEW* JnF's SWGCTool v2.0 - Official Thread

Post by snuff0r » Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:42 pm

just wanna say: great work! keep it up.

this tool used to be my lifesaver pre NGE and now that im back...
jeez, good to see its alive again :)

Delmora2008
Novice Crafter

Post by Delmora2008 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:20 pm

I am new to SWG so pardon any noobinessishness on my part :) . I have been using my own spreedsheet, but I am not any good at macroes so this utilty is a Godsend. I have most of it figured out, but one thing that has my mind in a quandry ... is the my resource page.

The first 2 entries have each stat color coded with a pop up that states the relative % of cap each stat has. Then the rest don't. Is there any way to get this to augment each other entry with these color codes and pop ups?

Anyway thanks in advance and especiallt thanks for putting the time into revamping this utility.

panino76
Intermediate Crafter

Post by panino76 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:57 pm

Delmora2008 wrote:I am new to SWG so pardon any noobinessishness on my part :) . I have been using my own spreedsheet, but I am not any good at macroes so this utilty is a Godsend. I have most of it figured out, but one thing that has my mind in a quandry ... is the my resource page.

The first 2 entries have each stat color coded with a pop up that states the relative % of cap each stat has. Then the rest don't. Is there any way to get this to augment each other entry with these color codes and pop ups?

Anyway thanks in advance and especiallt thanks for putting the time into revamping this utility.
Could you please post a screenshot so that I can figure out what is the problem? I don't seem to find any issue there....

Artax Wavingwalker

Delmora2008
Novice Crafter

Post by Delmora2008 » Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:48 am

The first 2 entries automatically highlighted cells above 90% light green adn abve 96% dark green. Also placed an arrow indicating the pop screen when mouised over to give the % of cap each stat has. The very first entry was placed byusing the add resource button from the WTH summary sheet. The second i had added by hand.

panino76
Intermediate Crafter

Post by panino76 » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:09 am

Ok, now it's clear. After you insert your resources you have to click the "Update Resources" button. In this way you'll see your resources sorted, formatted and inisde the WTH Today sheet you'll see the comparison between your resources and the ones currently in spawn.
There's no need you click it after every insert, it's enough you do it at the end of your work.

Hope you get it solved.

Artax Wavingwalker

Delmora2008
Novice Crafter

Post by Delmora2008 » Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:53 pm

i have hit update resources. It does sort the resources, but doesn't add the highlights or the pop ups. I thought it was a little wierd it added the space between the first 2 resources, but none on the rest. I thought maybe taht caused some sort of formatting issue, and mannually added spaces , but that didn't fix the issue either.

The manually enetered resources are inside the WTH worksheet.

Delmora2008
Novice Crafter

Post by Delmora2008 » Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:51 pm

I 'thikn" i have saolved my issues.

Maybe i entered the data above teh lower border line (the one under the sorted data). Would this cause an issue with teh sorting?

if so sorry about the stupid mistake and bothering ya with a trivial error.

panino76
Intermediate Crafter

Post by panino76 » Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:18 pm

Try to remove the empty rows, manual data must be insert one after the other.

Artax Wavingwalker

Sac
Novice Crafter

Post by Sac » Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:28 am

Hi mate, love your tool.

I think I've found a couple of schems missing???

Lightning Rifle and Heavy Lightning Cannon???

I couldn't find them is the schematic list.

the_yoda_experience
Novice Crafter

Post by the_yoda_experience » Thu Jan 01, 2009 5:47 am

WOW! An amazing amount of work here... "I am not worthy..."

Downloaded your utility. I absolutely LOVE it... However, it is not working. v2.01 will not find any resources in my resource list and in the what to harvest tab shows none avail... It doesn't seem to be pulling info from somewhere... Some of your Named Lists are showing #REF! errors, 1 on MyResources and 2 in the What to Harvest Today page. Feel free to contact me to help you TS. the_yoda_experience@hotmail.com I will give you my phone number and we can discuss it. I really would like to see this thing work at 100%. Thank you for all of your VERY hard work.

The Yoda Experience

Darev
Novice Crafter

Post by Darev » Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:24 am

I just downloaded this for the first time today. I have tried on two different computers and am getting several errors on each.

First off, I can't seem to find "TCPrime" as a server to choose from in the initial setup. I know there are seperate pages for TC and TCPrime here so I don't want to assume that TC will get me TCPrime data.

Also, I'm getting VB errors when I click on any of the other buttons Office just crashes. This is both using '03 and '07 on XP machines.

I can post screenies later if needed, but any help would be appreciated.

***reading the earlier post on the first page I found the way to get rid of the compile error, but I need to know how likely you'll be able to update this to include TCP...thanks!***

panino76
Intermediate Crafter

Post by panino76 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:40 am

Darev wrote:I just downloaded this for the first time today. I have tried on two different computers and am getting several errors on each.

First off, I can't seem to find "TCPrime" as a server to choose from in the initial setup. I know there are seperate pages for TC and TCPrime here so I don't want to assume that TC will get me TCPrime data.

Also, I'm getting VB errors when I click on any of the other buttons Office just crashes. This is both using '03 and '07 on XP machines.

***reading the earlier post on the first page I found the way to get rid of the compile error, but I need to know how likely you'll be able to update this to include TCP...thanks!***
The tool is linked with this site, and when you download the resources from this site, it just download the file linked with the server you've chosen. Taking a lokk to what is available for download, I can't find a file linked to TCPrime, there's just a TestCenter one.

Now, if test center means TCPrime (but this should be asked to Sabuno or to any other admin) then it's enoguh that you select Test Center as your own server. If not, then before I add it to my tool, the admins of this site should make it available for downloads.

Artax Wavingwalker

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:54 am

panino76 wrote:
Darev wrote:I just downloaded this for the first time today. I have tried on two different computers and am getting several errors on each.

The tool is linked with this site, and when you download the resources from this site, it just download the file linked with the server you've chosen. Taking a lokk to what is available for download, I can't find a file linked to TCPrime, there's just a TestCenter one.

Now, if test center means TCPrime (but this should be asked to Sabuno or to any other admin) then it's enoguh that you select Test Center as your own server. If not, then before I add it to my tool, the admins of this site should make it available for downloads.
This was an error on the Data Export page, should be fixed now (The Data Export page is not generated dynamically whereas the downloads are)

Test Center: currentresources_test_center.xml.gz and currentresources_test_center.csv.gz
TCPrime: currentresources_tcprime.xml.gz and currentresources_tcprime.csv.gz

-Sobuno

panino76
Intermediate Crafter

Post by panino76 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:58 pm

Sobuno wrote:
panino76 wrote:

This was an error on the Data Export page, should be fixed now (The Data Export page is not generated dynamically whereas the downloads are)

Test Center: currentresources_test_center.xml.gz and currentresources_test_center.csv.gz
TCPrime: currentresources_tcprime.xml.gz and currentresources_tcprime.csv.gz

-Sobuno
Thanks Sabuno, now I've just to update my tool :)

Artax Wavingwalker

miller1003
I've been here for 30 days and all I get is this lousy rank?!?!

Getting VB errors?

Post by miller1003 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:56 pm

EDIT: Solved
Last edited by miller1003 on Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.