JnF's SWGCTool v2.0.2 - Official Thread

Ideas and discussions on third party tools and utilities

Moderator: Forum Moderator

panino76
Intermediate Crafter

Re: *NEW* JnF's SWGCTool v2.0 - Official Thread

Post by panino76 » Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:44 pm

kbuegel wrote:Be advised, if you are uploading from a much older version of the JnF tool, the OQ and PE columns were switched in the resources worksheet....
How much "old"? I never changed that, and the first version I used was 1.69 if I'm not wrong....anyway thanks for the advise

kbuegel wrote:Also some of the resource names were changed, so the easy way to check if they are valid is to click the drop-down arrow and if it DOESN'T highlight the choice in the drop-down list, then its not in the list and you'll need to select it from the list. Mostly the gemstones changed names, but also things like Corellian Fiberplast (now says Correlia Fiberplast) and Bilal Inert Gas (now says Bilal gas Inert Gas).
Yeah, that is well explained in the manual and also in the first post....I thought I had to align it with what is considered the "standard"
kbuegel wrote:I had trouble with the 2.0 tool accepting new resources using copy and paste from other spreadsheets (even if you use "copy special" and values only)....
Why didn't you used the Import function? As explained in the manual if it gives you an error you've just to correct the highlighted resources and update again the "Resources" sheet

Artax Wavingwalker

kbuegel
Novice Crafter

Post by kbuegel » Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:55 pm

I didn't use the import function because I was using my own home-grown spreadsheet for crafting. You had removed all the munitions schematics so the 1.8 JnF tool was useless to me. So I made my own spreadsheet. Created a list of all resource requirements from your posting (i.e. Steel at 66%SR/33%OQ, or Gas at 100% OQ, or whatever) as well as a current resources page, and created columns for adjusted OQ/SR, OQ/CD, etc, for all resources, then would sort my resources by the appropriate column on the fly for each requirement and manually copy the name and quantity to the first page. I ended up making a list of best, second-best, and best-but-don't-use-because-of-low-quantity, for each requirement.

So, I attempted to copy-and-paste resources from my home-grown spreadsheet to the JnF tool but the tool seemed to ignore them. However, the older 1.8 tool accepted my copy-and-pasted resources, so used the 1.8 tool to export a file, then imported into 2.0.1. I've got it working now, and was just about to send out some survey droids to update swgcraft.uk.

panino76
Intermediate Crafter

Post by panino76 » Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:58 pm

kbuegel wrote:I didn't use the import function because I was using my own home-grown spreadsheet for crafting. You had removed all the munitions schematics so the 1.8 JnF tool was useless to me. So I made my own spreadsheet. Created a list of all resource requirements from your posting (i.e. Steel at 66%SR/33%OQ, or Gas at 100% OQ, or whatever) as well as a current resources page, and created columns for adjusted OQ/SR, OQ/CD, etc, for all resources, then would sort my resources by the appropriate column on the fly for each requirement and manually copy the name and quantity to the first page. I ended up making a list of best, second-best, and best-but-don't-use-because-of-low-quantity, for each requirement.

So, I attempted to copy-and-paste resources from my home-grown spreadsheet to the JnF tool but the tool seemed to ignore them. However, the older 1.8 tool accepted my copy-and-pasted resources, so used the 1.8 tool to export a file, then imported into 2.0.1. I've got it working now, and was just about to send out some survey droids to update swgcraft.uk.
Ok, understood....well done 8)
I hope v2.0 will meet your needs, and if you've new ideas on how to improve it, don't hesitate to post here.

Artax Wavingwalker

celticwolf
Novice Crafter

Post by celticwolf » Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:05 am

Okay, I downloaded the new version of the tool (2.0.1) and didn't monkey with the settings at all. I got the same error when I tried to configure the tool for my characters. Specifically, after I select the type of trader and hit the 'Ok' button. I have included the screenshot with the resources listed below.

panino76
Intermediate Crafter

Post by panino76 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:37 am

celticwolf wrote:Okay, I downloaded the new version of the tool (2.0.1) and didn't monkey with the settings at all. I got the same error when I tried to configure the tool for my characters. Specifically, after I select the type of trader and hit the 'Ok' button. I have included the screenshot with the resources listed below.

If you observe carefully your picture you'll find the following line "MISSING:Ref Edit Control" (seventh line)...uncheck that one and you'll be fine 8)

Artax Wavingwalker

agida
Apprentice Crafter

Post by agida » Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:28 am

Hello,

I did a little something until I can figure out how to get the old schematic tab to work again. this is all done with just plain old Excel references.
It helps me know how much of each resource I need as well as the required components and any optional ones that might be needed.

Luv Agida
Agida - Rebel Ace - Master Shipwright - Flurry
Shop near Nashal /wp 4636 4459
http://www.swg-piloten.com/html/agida_s ... _shop.html

agida
Apprentice Crafter

Post by agida » Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:15 am

Hi again,

Here's the old schematic tab. It is very helpful to see if you have everything you need for a schematic. It make a little time to come up but the time it saves to insure you have everything before you make something is really helplful. I'm still trying to figure out what code you commented out. I've uncommented the code and still have not gotten it to work like it used to work before the 1.8 version. I've not given up just not had the time to comment all the code and see where I can get this thing to work again. It's such a lot of code and some great functionality that I could use in the future in my day-to-day life.

Keep up the great work - all schematics appear now - yeah!

Take care
Luv Agida

panino76
Intermediate Crafter

Post by panino76 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:49 am

agida wrote:Hi again,

Here's the old schematic tab. It is very helpful to see if you have everything you need for a schematic. It make a little time to come up but the time it saves to insure you have everything before you make something is really helplful. I'm still trying to figure out what code you commented out. I've uncommented the code and still have not gotten it to work like it used to work before the 1.8 version. I've not given up just not had the time to comment all the code and see where I can get this thing to work again. It's such a lot of code and some great functionality that I could use in the future in my day-to-day life.

Take care
Luv Agida
Hello Agida,
as I said you previously, in version 2.1 the crafting sheet will be totally redesigned and will include all the functionalities you're looking for ;)

Artax Wavingwalker

celticwolf
Novice Crafter

Post by celticwolf » Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:10 pm

panino76 wrote:If you observe carefully your picture you'll find the following line "MISSING:Ref Edit Control" (seventh line)...uncheck that one and you'll be fine 8)
I can't believe I missed that. :oops: Thanks for the assist.

panino76
Intermediate Crafter

Post by panino76 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:13 pm

celticwolf wrote:
panino76 wrote:If you observe carefully your picture you'll find the following line "MISSING:Ref Edit Control" (seventh line)...uncheck that one and you'll be fine 8)
I can't believe I missed that. :oops: Thanks for the assist.
You're welcome :)

Artax Wavingwalker

agida
Apprentice Crafter

Post by agida » Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:02 pm

panino76 wrote:
agida wrote:Hi again,

Take care
Luv Agida
Hello Agida,
as I said you previously, in version 2.1 the crafting sheet will be totally redesigned and will include all the functionalities you're looking for ;)
Hi - sorry I missed that - you are really doing an awesome job on this spreadsheet and program. I really wish I had more RL time to debug the code too! I always tell my team, "Document, document, document" - LOL. Makes it easier for the person following you to understand and upgrade and/or fix things. The tool was poorly documented previously but well thought out and now I see in your code - you "Document, document, document" - LOL.

Thanks again for your time and effort on this tool. Here's the schematic requirements for a Featherweight FWG5 that other's may like to use.

Featherweight FWG5 Pistol
Trader (Munitions)
Complexity 40
Damage CD66% SR33%
Pistols
Reqired:Ranged Weapon Core 1, Projectile Pistol Barrel 1
Optional: Scope 1, Stock 1
Ditanium Steel 85
Axidite Iron 50
Link-Steel Aluminum 28
1000;0;0;0
Req Def:Ranged Weapon Core, Projectile Pistol Barrel
Opt Def:Scope, Stock

Luv Agida

panino76
Intermediate Crafter

Post by panino76 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:34 pm

Thanks Agi, as I said, the munitions schematic are a lot and I know I've missed some :)

Artax Wavingwalker

rockcrown
Novice Crafter

Post by rockcrown » Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:56 pm

First I'd like to say awesome tool!

I recently downloaded the latest update v2.0.1

My question deals with the resource tab and the what to harvest today tab. I have manually entered 5-6 resources into the resource tab. I then press update resources.

Then when I go to the "What to harvest today" tab, the resources I entered do not show up in my "best" or "second best" columns.

I also went back and pressed update tool, to see if that would help, no luck.

I am currently using Excel 2003

Any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong? Thanks

Mihall_Agamemnon
Novice Crafter

Post by Mihall_Agamemnon » Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:33 pm

ok, this is my problem here:

I click on "Download current resources" and get this error:

Error (76) - path not found
Module: DataImportFunctions.downloadBinaryFromURL();

Tracebabk:
DataImportFunctions.downloadBinaryFromURL()
DataImportFunctions.downloadTimestamp()
CommandFunctions.cmd_startDownload()

What is wrong?

panino76
Intermediate Crafter

Post by panino76 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:39 pm

Mihall_Agamemnon wrote:ok, this is my problem here:

I click on "Download current resources" and get this error:

Error (76) - path not found
Module: DataImportFunctions.downloadBinaryFromURL();

Tracebabk:
DataImportFunctions.downloadBinaryFromURL()
DataImportFunctions.downloadTimestamp()
CommandFunctions.cmd_startDownload()

What is wrong?
It's quite possible that you forgot to fill your preferences in the control panel. Read the manual for a quick "how to".

Artax Wavingwalker