JnF's SWGCTool v2.0.2 - Official Thread

Ideas and discussions on third party tools and utilities

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Illrigger
Novice Crafter

Re: JnF's SWGCTool v1.8 - Official Thread

Post by Illrigger » Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:47 pm

Yeah, I'm lucky enough to work for a place with a per-user MS site license, so Office is free for me. I'd be in the same boat if not. There's never enough new features in Office to make it worth the upgrade unless you use Outlook and Exchange.

Unfortunately, as good as OO.O is, the scripting portion of the Excel analogue is the weakest point; I am going to guess that Artax will have a really hard time getting the tool to work with it.

If I were you, I'd hunt around your local used bookstores and try to find a copy of Office XP. The ones near me often have them, and since they're two versions old now they're dirt cheap - usually $10-15 for the OEM version. I grabbed one for my sister a few months back.

Alebreath
Novice Crafter

Post by Alebreath » Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:53 pm

Well, the other option I'm looking at is learning enough VB to be able to translate it into Cold Fusion (which I'm very familiar with), and creating a Web-based tool that does the same thing.

If I were an ASP or PhP person, I'd write it to integrate with the existing SWGcraft user-db (the PhPbb DB Schema is pretty easy - I integrated another set of Cold Fusion pages to work with it for ColoradoAirsoft.org a few years back), so that every forum user would have access automatically - nothing to download, no worries about what office suite you had, etc.

(EDIT: MS Office 2007 60-day trial to the rescue!)

Illrigger
Novice Crafter

Post by Illrigger » Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:48 am

A web version of this and SWGAide would be the next logical evolution of this site. Right now I'm keeping both programs synched between locations where I use them using MS's Mesh beta (http://www.mesh.com). It works fine, but having the functionality of J&F and SWGAide built into the SWGCraft site would be the ideal end solution.

panino76
Intermediate Crafter

Post by panino76 » Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:09 pm

Hello folks,
sry for my late but I'm still on vacation now :P and I really don't have much time to finish my work on the documentation. I think that this is a needed step because the tool include some new functionalities (and some upgrades that may cause errors) and a documentation is a must.

As for the "usability" of this tool, as I said earlier, this tool was originally written for Excel...and I just made some important upgrades to let it work fine with the last changes in the game. I could probably have ported it in VB6..maybe .NET or even C++, but see...in this way you have just one file to download, in the other way, the translation would have been surely longer and you would have to install the product each time or to download different files to upgrade it.

I understand the difficulties to open it with different version of office...unfortunately I can't guarantee the compatibility with Office97..it's too old and not many people use it....for what concerns OO, as I sadi I'll do my best to see if I can adapt it, even if this would mean to guarantee the support to two different versions of the tool, one for MSO and another for OO (I don't expect that the same sheet is good enough for both suites).

Please, be patient...I'll come back soon :)

Artax Wavingwalker

kbuegel
Novice Crafter

Post by kbuegel » Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:49 pm

Its never soon enough...

Perhaps you could upload what you have so far, and we could test it?

Kaelyyn
Novice Crafter

Post by Kaelyyn » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:35 am

Is your program compatible with the Vista 64-bit Operating System version? I was running it fine when I was using XP Professional 32-bit version but I just switched to the Vista Ultimate 64-bit operating system and get an error when I try and download the status file from SWGCraft.

Kaelyyn

panino76
Intermediate Crafter

Post by panino76 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:28 am

Kaelyyn wrote:Is your program compatible with the Vista 64-bit Operating System version? I was running it fine when I was using XP Professional 32-bit version but I just switched to the Vista Ultimate 64-bit operating system and get an error when I try and download the status file from SWGCraft.

Kaelyyn
did you remembered to copy the zlib.dll file inside your syster32 folder?

The worksheet works fine on vista 32bit, I can't see why it shouldn't on the 64bit version...

If you can, post the screenshot of the error...

Artax Wavingwalker

Kaelyyn
Novice Crafter

Windows Vista 64-bit Compatibility

Post by Kaelyyn » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:57 pm

Yes...I followed the install instructions to the letter and the zlib.dll file is in the Windows/system32 folder. That is the file that is having problems. I've enclosed 2 pics on this message and two more on the next that show the error message I am getting. I hope this helps since I'm dead in the water right now. Keep me posted and thanks for the help.

Kaelyyn
Attachments
Error 1.jpg
Error 1.jpg (140.77 KiB) Viewed 10952 times
Error 2.jpg
Error 2.jpg (140.61 KiB) Viewed 10949 times

Kaelyyn
Novice Crafter

Post by Kaelyyn » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:58 pm

Last 2 Pics

Kaelyyn
Attachments
Error 3.jpg
Error 3.jpg (145.95 KiB) Viewed 10949 times
Error 4.jpg
Error 4.jpg (100.49 KiB) Viewed 10949 times

Kaelyyn
Novice Crafter

Post by Kaelyyn » Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:05 pm

zlib.dll location pic

Kaelyyn
Attachments
Error 5.jpg
Error 5.jpg (145.35 KiB) Viewed 10951 times

panino76
Intermediate Crafter

Post by panino76 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:41 pm

for an unknown reason it seems that the system is unable to find the dll file. Try to run this command from the shell:

regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\zlib.dll

I don't know if this could work, but if it doent's, try to locate a directory called syswow64 under C:\windows. If it exists, try to copy the zlib.dll inside this folder.

Artax Wavingwalker

Kaelyyn
Novice Crafter

Post by Kaelyyn » Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:52 pm

Yup yup....I saw that too about the system not being able to see the dll file. Thats why I was asking if it was a compatibility issue with the 64-bit architecture. Anyway, the 'regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\zlib.dll' suggestion ended up with an error as well, saying something about not being able to load but your suggestion about putting the zlib.dll file inside the syswow64 directory worked like a charm. It actually d/led the file so fast I was wondering if it did it correctly but after cross checking the site with the resources in my list....I see everything is working perfectly. Thank you. I can breath a sigh of relief...lol. I was really going to hate life if I had to give up your program. I'm kinda hooked. Hey....thanks again for the help.

Kaelyyn

panino76
Intermediate Crafter

Re: Windows Vista 64-bit Compatibility

Post by panino76 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:14 am

Kaelyyn wrote:Yup yup....I saw that too about the system not being able to see the dll file. Thats why I was asking if it was a compatibility issue with the 64-bit architecture. Anyway, the 'regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\zlib.dll' suggestion ended up with an error as well, saying something about not being able to load but your suggestion about putting the zlib.dll file inside the syswow64 directory worked like a charm. It actually d/led the file so fast I was wondering if it did it correctly but after cross checking the site with the resources in my list....I see everything is working perfectly. Thank you. I can breath a sigh of relief...lol. I was really going to hate life if I had to give up your program. I'm kinda hooked. Hey....thanks again for the help.

Kaelyyn
You're welcome, I'm happy it worked fine :)

Stay tuned for version 2.0, there are some nice additions 8)

Artax Wavingwalker

alibegoa
Novice Crafter

Post by alibegoa » Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:07 pm

It's never soon enough for v2.0, you know.

kbuegel
Novice Crafter

Post by kbuegel » Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:50 pm

Its been over a month since GU5 went live, and without the JnF tool, I'm struggling with matching up spawned resources with my stuff in inventory. I really really really need this tool.

I don't care about bells and whistles - all it needs to do is have the munitions schematics in it, and thus be able to compare your inventory with spawns, which is what it does best. Even the screen for building a weapon is irrelevant. you can build stuff using the screen showing your best/second-best resources for each category (I used to do that most of the time anyway).

So please, if you have already entered the recipes for GU5 munitions, please share that with us so we may at least gather resources. Do not hold onto your 2.0 tool until its *perfect*. The wait is killing us... well... its killing ME anyway.