JnF's SWGCTool v2.0.2 - Official Thread

Ideas and discussions on third party tools and utilities

Moderator: Forum Moderator

panino76
Intermediate Crafter

Re: JnF's SWGCTool v2.0.2 - Official Thread (UPDATED)

Post by panino76 » Sun May 17, 2009 5:16 pm

Sobuno wrote:I see no cryptic lines in there, could you give me an example of how they look?
opening currentresources_chimaera.csv:

line 635: @€u±Z=x®uQw’¬+ñ OçÖ?kš¥ÚžÂ,U¬„ªÈÂ{3MUù[o&´ò+oï£Ä°-°b¬"[iÁ2Nõì×eôðv0Þ•ÍaóÅ„¹ºŠßý£uòíê`Ã|
line 636: ¢ûP/¶APH‚'?ñ60‘“RÙI@Ѩ¿˜Z‘ôù`)vØW¯íe)ÿ_ÿÿð„
line 637: [hƒ]ØŸ,œ‚Vªig˜
line 638: "œ…t)ŸÔG3ÓÎàK’¿IdЍ=?]ïªG×õÈ'õÐ'ÙbýVÅÓ(ÁlSÛ§ÐY(ðí6Ä/»'9|wt$w‹·ûS`)6àŽ1\J±ºoiH’ëù ´xK¥Î‘y÷m·G8‘9Àœ-‚s¶KŠ’5´|«Ùr2rÒK#k¡""Àç!7š£AµŸ¥:“dš'œÂ%l£Æ µ NÛð@cò‹¿AcÄÙË?óNè³ã‘~ü>°•º Ê‚ìj94‹‘A'·FDJ\64ïàÿ¿ÿÿŽŠ´†¹iZ9rßîŽýé 8 ˜Sޞڝ».ÇL²¶m¸¤K¥¤1_Xã·¯4…3+Ô–Y°y§ûS¿Wê„ÖwŠìÒ±À#·g½K tûAAºL³"

and so on....

Artax Wavingwalker

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Sun May 17, 2009 5:38 pm

I don't see these when downloading and extracting them manually with Winrar

panino76
Intermediate Crafter

Post by panino76 » Sun May 17, 2009 5:55 pm

Sobuno wrote:I don't see these when downloading and extracting them manually with Winrar
I don't have winrar installed, so I reported what I see in the file extracted with the zlib.dll library....I guess it's a problem with the library then.....

Artax Wavingwalker

Ruh
Apprentice Crafter

Post by Ruh » Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:20 pm

panino76 wrote:
oemoe wrote:fixed it.

deleted all my res, did a backup, restored it. done
Thanks for helping me with my 1st prob.

im running into a new one after i got the tool runnning for me for the first time. i had to install the tool again.

heres the error:

Image (getting that both under vista 32 bit ult / excel 2007 & xp sp3 32b / excel 2003)

heres what i do:

i saved all my res to a regular excel sheet to have them back up'ed.
-im copy/pasting those into the tool
-i start to fill in days, server etc, config the tool, the schems, run an update of the res, updt tool, THEN hit the update resources under the resource tab.

it starts to the sync and dies with the above error.

any thought? thx in advance

im using 2.0.2

e
For what I could have understood (I don't speak german) that's an error on the cell formatting....that's something that happens only with Excel 2007, I've found where the error is and will fix it in the next release....as a workaround well, you've found how to do it :)
Hey I know that you said you found the error and will fix it in the next release. I just wanted to make sure you knew that I am able to consistently reproduce the bug. It is caused (for me at least) when I generate the schematics list on the crafting tab. I too have Excel 2007 running in compatability mode. It is fixed in the same manner above (backing up resources then properly deleting them from the resources tab, followed by restoring the backup file). If you need, I can post a screenshot of the dialog in english.
Ruh [Bounty Hunter] - Ruh' [Smuggler] - Reh [Jedi] - Reh' [Spy] - Ryh [Medic] - Ryh' [Dancer] - Rih' [Commando] - 'Rih [Officer]
ShiodIndustries [Domestics] - ShiodInduztries [Engineer] - ShiodIndustriez [Architect] - ShiodInduztriez [Munitions]
Starsider

spiglord
Novice Crafter

Post by spiglord » Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:43 am

There are a number of weapons missing from the JnF's SWGCTool v2.0.2. These include:

Blackhand Annihilator
C-10 "Dragoneye Reaper"
Liquidsilver L7
Modified Republic Blaster

I an sure there are a whole bunch more that are missing, which led me to an idea.... Can you create a 'schematic updater' form and macro to insert new schematics into the 'Data All' tab...? This would allow us to add any additional schematics to the DB without having to trouble the developers?

panino76
Intermediate Crafter

Post by panino76 » Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:03 pm

spiglord wrote:There are a number of weapons missing from the JnF's SWGCTool v2.0.2. These include:

Blackhand Annihilator
C-10 "Dragoneye Reaper"
Liquidsilver L7

I an sure there are a whole bunch more that are missing, which led me to an idea.... Can you create a 'schematic updater' form and macro to insert new schematics into the 'Data All' tab...? This would allow us to add any additional schematics to the DB without having to trouble the developers?
thanks for reporting it m8, I'll add them in the next release.
As for your idea, yes I could add a small function that let you add those schematics, but then, you should add them in every new version I release...that's why I invite everyone that see a schematic missing, to report it to me asap.

Artax Wavingwalker

spiglord
Novice Crafter

Post by spiglord » Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:55 pm

Cheers Bro.

I was thinking more along the lines of adding functionality for individual users being able to update the tool with new 'recipes' between major releases of the tool, as well as alerting you to a new 'recipe'.

Anyway, here is my list of currently missing weaponsmith schematics:

A280 Blaster Rifle
C-10 "Dragoneye Reaper"
Corvert Retaliation
Darksting Assassin
Dawnsorrow Rifle
DC-15 Carbine
Deathrain D-50
Disruptor Pistol
DL-T Heavy Blaster Pistol
E11 Carbine MKII
Enhanced E11 Carbine
E-Web Rifle
Exemplar's Mark
Featherweight FWG5 Pistol
Grievance Striker
Ion Relic Pistol
Liquidsilver L7
Master Crafted DC-15 Rifle
Master Crafted EE-3 Carbine
Modified X-1 Carbine
Nullifier X
Perfectly-Calibrated Pistol
Quicktrigger Countermand
Red Hydra Z-5
Retribution
Rhiss Mark-20
Rilctur Carbine
SFOR Republic Carbine
The Black Falcon
The Silencer
Trandoshan Hunting Rifle
Trandoshan Suppressor Pistol
Vershyi Sharpshooter

As I only work with ranged weapons, I am sure ther must be a similar list of Melee weapons that also need updating.

Thanks again, and I look forward to the next release.

Keep up the great work.

Zebri
Novice Crafter

Post by Zebri » Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:56 pm

I love this tool btw, I loved it's iterations before the NGE -then I quit SWG at NGE - and now I have returned and I still love this tool and the work you have done on it is fabulous!

Now on to my question :D

Regarding the "What to harvest today" sheet
Is it possible to stop showing me resources available on Mustafar and Kashykk? I have no problem if I have to edit the downloaded resources file beforehand and then re-import it but I don't know how to do this...an automated feature would be great but if I have to delete a few dozen lines from the CSV then import it that wouldn't bother me....but I am NOT hand harvesting on Mustafa/Kash so if resources are there I don't want them. However.. because the tool is reporting these are the best for me (They likely are!) then it is not showing me any others and I may be missing some very similar resources that are available on a sensible planet!

Regards
Zebri

PS Love the tool still!

panino76
Intermediate Crafter

Post by panino76 » Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:04 pm

Zebri wrote:I love this tool btw, I loved it's iterations before the NGE -then I quit SWG at NGE - and now I have returned and I still love this tool and the work you have done on it is fabulous!

Is it possible to stop showing me resources available on Mustafar and Kashykk? I have no problem if I have to edit the downloaded resources file beforehand and then re-import it but I don't know how to do this...an automated feature would be great but if I have to delete a few dozen lines from the CSV then import it that wouldn't bother me....but I am NOT hand harvesting on Mustafa/Kash so if resources are there I don't want them. However.. because the tool is reporting these are the best for me (They likely are!) then it is not showing me any others and I may be missing some very similar resources that are available on a sensible planet!

Regards
Zebri

PS Love the tool still!
actually it's not possible to do that, but I've received the same request from other players, so I'll add a specific function in the next release.

Artax Wavingwalker

Sac
Novice Crafter

Post by Sac » Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:35 am

panino76 wrote:
Zebri wrote:I love this tool btw, I loved it's iterations before the NGE -then I quit SWG at NGE - and now I have returned and I still love this tool and the work you have done on it is fabulous!

Regards
Zebri

PS Love the tool still!
actually it's not possible to do that, but I've received the same request from other players, so I'll add a specific function in the next release.
Thanks for that. I was wondering the same. Musty has some good resources pop up but I seldom can be bothered harvesting them. I just can't afford the extra data on my slim ISP plan.

agida
Apprentice Crafter

Post by agida » Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:04 am

Sac wrote:
panino76 wrote:

Regards
Zebri

PS Love the tool still!
Thanks for that. I was wondering the same. Musty has some good resources pop up but I seldom can be bothered harvesting them. I just can't afford the extra data on my slim ISP plan.
What would happen if we blanked out the values for Kashyyk and Mustafar on the Resource DB hidden tab? If they are all zeroes would they not be brought into any of the equations? I haven't seen any of these resources in my needs yet so don't know if that might work or not. If it does it would pretty easy to write a macro to turn these on and off I think.

From this:
Mustafarian Reactive Gas Inorganic Gas Reactive Gas Known Reactive Gas 181 18 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 1 0
To this:
Mustafarian Reactive Gas Inorganic Gas Reactive Gas Known Reactive Gas 181 18 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Agida - Rebel Ace - Master Shipwright - Flurry
Shop near Nashal /wp 4636 4459
http://www.swg-piloten.com/html/agida_s ... _shop.html

panino76
Intermediate Crafter

Post by panino76 » Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:16 am

agida wrote:
Sac wrote:
panino76 wrote: actually it's not possible to do that, but I've received the same request from other players, so I'll add a specific function in the next release.
What would happen if we blanked out the values for Kashyyk and Mustafar on the Resource DB hidden tab? If they are all zeroes would they not be brought into any of the equations? I haven't seen any of these resources in my needs yet so don't know if that might work or not. If it does it would pretty easy to write a macro to turn these on and off I think.

From this:
Mustafarian Reactive Gas Inorganic Gas Reactive Gas Known Reactive Gas 181 18 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 1 0
To this:
Mustafarian Reactive Gas Inorganic Gas Reactive Gas Known Reactive Gas 181 18 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
nope, that wouldn't work, that list is used just for classification of resources, not for the calculation of the best possible spawned ones.

Artax Wavingwalker

agida
Apprentice Crafter

Post by agida » Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:41 pm

Well, agree that it did not work. So, I thought about the best place to ignore Kashyyyk and Mustafar resources and figured the place was DataImports (GetCurrent).
Changed the following areas:
1. Put two active-x controls on the "Control Panel" then in the code if the box was checked set $E$17 and $E$19 appropriately as either "Y" or "N". Could have accepted the values of "True" or "False" but oh well still would need an if somewhere. Or could have set the value to Kashyyyk or Mustafar - so many ways to skin that cat.
2. In the GetResources Sub I put code to check the planet of the data being parsed into SWGParsed datasheet and if the planet was equal to the by-pass (ignore) planets then I updated a counter or basically do nothing and then got the next resources.

Worked okay for me as none of the Kashyyyk or Mustafar resources made it into the SWGParsed worksheet.

Think this will work? See attachments.
Control Panel Form.jpg
Control Panel Form.jpg (34.17 KiB) Viewed 9751 times
Control Panel Code.jpg
Control Panel Code.jpg (120.48 KiB) Viewed 9751 times
Get Current Code Mods.txt
(4.44 KiB) Downloaded 236 times

panino76
Intermediate Crafter

Post by panino76 » Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:12 pm

yes, that's how it should be done :)

Artax Wavingwalker

agida
Apprentice Crafter

Post by agida » Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:31 pm

Sac wrote:
panino76 wrote:

Regards
Zebri

PS Love the tool still!
Updated v2.0.2 to v2.0.3 with the ignore resources for Kashyyyk and Mustafar.

Play with it and see if it meets your needs.

http://www.swg-piloten.com/v2.0.3%20JnF ... GCTool.zip