JnF's SWGCTool v2.0.2 - Official Thread

Ideas and discussions on third party tools and utilities

Moderator: Forum Moderator

panino76
Intermediate Crafter

Re: *NEW* JnF's SWGCTool v2.0 - Official Thread

Post by panino76 » Sun May 03, 2009 11:42 pm

oemoe wrote:Hello

First of all thanks for keeping this thing up (including the whole site!). i used the old one 4 years ago and could never have done without it lol
just returned to SWGand crafting

anyways, i cant seem to get the new one to work for me, tho.

vitsa 32bit ult
excel 2007
turned macro security to low
turned of the vba thingy

i set it up (muntions, variuos schems for it, resours thr 7 days, stock min 1, expertise left blank) and downloaded the lastest updates for my server. they show up correctly on the what to harvest today tab.

now, i also updated the tool from the CP.

i type in one resource "duralloy steel"

well, updated res again, tool again, restarted excel - my duralloy steel does not show up in the wtht tab to see any difference.

what do miss?

thanks for any reply
-oemoe
there's an annoying bug if the first resource you insert in the resouces tab is inserted manually (not from the WTHSummary). This bug is fixed in the 2.0.2 that I'll release tomorrow to align the tool with the new site. Anyway, as a workaround, just insert a resource from the WTH Summary sheet, then insert your steel and update the "resources" worksheet. This should solve the issue.

Artax Wavingwalker

madsch20
Novice Crafter

Post by madsch20 » Mon May 04, 2009 5:07 am

Hi i have the same problem like furian, when clicking "Download Current Ressources" there is an error message like this one:

Anyways the error is :
Error (62)-Input past end of file
Module:

Traceback:
CommandFunctions.cmd_startDownload()

Ok i solved it by myself. I opened the Macro Editor and searched for swgcraft.co.uk and replaced the link with swgcraft.org.

Now it works fine.

panino76
Intermediate Crafter

Post by panino76 » Mon May 04, 2009 11:33 am

madsch20 wrote:Hi i have the same problem like furian, when clicking "Download Current Ressources" there is an error message like this one:

Anyways the error is :
Error (62)-Input past end of file
Module:

Traceback:
CommandFunctions.cmd_startDownload()

Ok i solved it by myself. I opened the Macro Editor and searched for swgcraft.co.uk and replaced the link with swgcraft.org.

Now it works fine.
Are you sure it works fine? Because it's a bit more complex than that :D....I would be surprised if it works....anyway, late today I'll upload a new version with the url fixed and some minor fixes...

Artax Wavingwalker

Onyx
Chef Forum Moderator

Post by Onyx » Mon May 04, 2009 11:22 pm

I still hadn't gotten around to importing my massive resource database into the new version of the tool yet but after a comment someone made on the official forums about the tissue calc I ran a couple tests. It's not calculating correctly.

Basically what is happening is that it is applying the 4% quality bonus to each stat and then cutting off at 1000 any resource that exceeds it.

This technically means that any stat of 960 or higher (actually that is a problem #2) is treated the same, and they are not. The bonus gets added during assembly which means that a stat of 999 is still seen as higher than one of 965 when calculating--or you can think of it as allowing a stat to exceed 1000 during pre-assembly.

Now as to the second problem. It appears the Crafter's Helper calculations are still using a literal 4% rather than the flat +40 that the resource quality bonus actually provides. I have one resource that has PE and OQ of exactly 960. When making Blob Candy (which only uses that resource), I am able to cap at 1000 which proves the +40. I also had this confirmed and verified by a dev about 15 months ago.

If you want screenies of the results the Crafter's Helper and the Tissue Calculator are giving me vs. the actual in-game results I am happy to provide. Additionally these two things may be fixed in the newer version that is going to be released. I read through most of the thread and didn't see mention of either of these things so if they are there, my apologies :)
Onyx, Chef Forum Moderator

Whitley's Fine Food & Drinks
Open for business since June 2004 -- Twilight's End, Naboo (-3036, 5300), Kettemoor

Official Domestic Goods Senator

panino76
Intermediate Crafter

Post by panino76 » Tue May 05, 2009 1:19 am

Onyx wrote:I still hadn't gotten around to importing my massive resource database into the new version of the tool yet but after a comment someone made on the official forums about the tissue calc I ran a couple tests. It's not calculating correctly.

Basically what is happening is that it is applying the 4% quality bonus to each stat and then cutting off at 1000 any resource that exceeds it.

This technically means that any stat of 960 or higher (actually that is a problem #2) is treated the same, and they are not. The bonus gets added during assembly which means that a stat of 999 is still seen as higher than one of 965 when calculating--or you can think of it as allowing a stat to exceed 1000 during pre-assembly.

Now as to the second problem. It appears the Crafter's Helper calculations are still using a literal 4% rather than the flat +40 that the resource quality bonus actually provides. I have one resource that has PE and OQ of exactly 960. When making Blob Candy (which only uses that resource), I am able to cap at 1000 which proves the +40. I also had this confirmed and verified by a dev about 15 months ago.

If you want screenies of the results the Crafter's Helper and the Tissue Calculator are giving me vs. the actual in-game results I am happy to provide. Additionally these two things may be fixed in the newer version that is going to be released. I read through most of the thread and didn't see mention of either of these things so if they are there, my apologies :)
First of all I have to say I appreciate any hint, suggestion or correction I receive on my work...that is the best way to improve the quality of a product, especially if it comes from an "high skilled" crafter like you :)

When I started to fix the original version of the tool, to align it with the new trader expertises, I used all the informations that were available at that time...the +40 vs +4% was something I've also asked on these boards when I decided to let others use my tool. I remember a conversation I had with Zimoon about that, and he was the first to tell me there was the possibility that it wasn't a 4% increase but a flat +40 (wonder if it also applies on stats lower than 960...what happens if a resource has 500? it becomes 540(+40) or 520(+4%)???)

As I said any hints is GREATLY appreciated and if you can offer your help, I'll be more than happy to fix the tool so that it can work properly. So, in order to gather more information....

1) The +40 bonus is a flat increment, not based on the real value of each stat?
2) If a schematic require 50% OQ and 50% PE and I have 2 resources, the first with OQ 988 and PE 977 and the second with OQ 991 and PE 963, if I got it right from what you're saying it should be:

for the first --> (988 + 40) * 0.5 + (977 + 40) * 0.5 = 514 + 508,5 = 1022,5
for the second --> (991 + 40) * 0.5 + (963 + 40) * 0.5 = 515,5 + 501,5 = 1017

and so, first resource is better than the second one (despite the fact the tools could give you a 100% on both). If that's correct, since the value, expressed in percentage, shouldn't exceed the 100% mark (it would be conceptually wrong) how should I indicate that the first resource is better that the second one? Also, the same math applies when we have more than a resource used in the recipe?

3) On the +40 vs +4% bonus.....what happens if I choose only the +2% increase in the expertise...see, that could be irrelevant for a true crafter (that obviously would choose the best bonus possible) but from a flat programming point, the tool should mantain the same behaviour with all the possible values...

If I can get your help on this, I'll submit to your attention the fixed formulas for the additives so that I can applies the same ones in the other calculations the tool does when choosing the best resources to use....

Artax Wavingwalker

Onyx
Chef Forum Moderator

Post by Onyx » Tue May 05, 2009 2:43 am

:)

1) Yes, it is a flat +40. It took us a long time to figure this out because we simply weren't running the math on lower-end resources. When it was discovered, I ran several tests. The easiest one was to craft Blob Candy which only requires Berries and I happen to have Berries that are 960PE and 960OQ. If it really was 4% then those should not cap--should just hit 99%--but they do. So then I started looking at low-end resources. The thread where I posted my results (after I got absolute confirmation from a dev btw) is here:

http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/post ... _id=619269

I'm going to go ahead and repost part of that post and my math here though, for ease of reading. While I simplified my example and am using just one resource, think of the weighted average as I am using the term as the average of the stat for all resources involved taking into account their number of units etc.:
We've always thought the 4% resource quality bonus was calculated by adding 4% of the final weighted average for the resources. That meant you would determine the weighted average of all the resources/stats for an experimentation line as follows:

Nutrition, based 66% on PE and 33% on OQ:

960 PE / 960 OQ would yield a weighted average of 960

Take that and add 4%, the end result:

960 * 1.04 = 998.60

998.60 / 1000 = 99.86%

So, on that particular item, the experimentation could get you to 99%. In order to hit 100%, the combined weighted average had to be 962 or higher (technically 961.6 but it was always rounded down).

However, now we see that instead of adding 4%, it is simply adding 40 (which would be 4% of 1000). Basically treating all resource averages as though they were 1000 when calculating the 4%.

To test this, I first crafted an item where the weighted average was exactly 960. Instead of getting 99% like I should have, I achieved 100%.

960 + 40 = 1000

1000 / 1000 = 100%

To make absolutely certain that it is indeed adding 40, I crafted an item where the weighted average was 199.8.

It should have been:

199.8 * 1.04 = 207.79

207.79 / 1000 = 20.779% rounded down to 20%

Instead of getting an end result of 20% like I should, I achieved 24%. So not only is it simply adding 40, it's also rounding up.

199.8 + 40 = 239.8

239.8 / 1000 = 23.98% rounded down to 23%

Instead we get:

239.8 / 1000 = 23.98% rounded up to 24%

Yes, this makes it slightly easier to cap things. Yes, it is an error on the side of increasing rather than decreasing what the actual result should be. But it is also not the way we thought it is supposed to work. At the least, it's adding almost 1% more than it should. At the worst it's adding 5% more.
In that thread we discussed possible resolutions. The actual resolutions were ones suggested by the dev who confirmed that the equation was indeed always using a flat +40. However we never did get any of the solutions implemented.

And yes, the calculation is done during assembly. At one point they tried to change it so that it would add it in pre-assembly. What that did though, was to make a resource of 999 count the same as one that was 962. And that was bad lol. If you want some fun reading, here's the original discussions when I discovered the change up through when it was reverted (many people didn't understand how the change was detrimental rather than positive) and then here's the informationI wrote for both crafters and one of the Devs who asked me to list out how it worked. (And LOL, re-reading our posts I see that the +10 per point was actually clarified back then but I missed it in our discussions.)

And yes, every single math example I've ever done with +40 does work out properly :)

2) The 4% (+40) does not get added until the final experimental average is determined. So, when I am doing the math, I don't apply the bonus until I've run the numbers. Once I have my final experimental average, then I add on the +40 and round it down to 100%. If you are determining between two resources, the one that is higher is the one that is better. It's to ease that dilemma that many of us who do our own math don't even think about the quality bonus until we have final numbers.

3) As it stands right now, for each point you spend in expertise you get +10 to the resource quality to a max of +40. So if you only take two points in expertise, you would add +20 to the end result and so forth.

Open for business since June 2004 -- Twilight's End, Naboo (-3036, 5300), Kettemoor

panino76
Intermediate Crafter

Post by panino76 » Tue May 05, 2009 10:37 am

Onyx, where you were when I needed you? :D

Interesting readings on those threads, I'll work hard in the next days to try to fix as much as I can. Thank you very much!

Artax Wavingwalker

panino76
Intermediate Crafter

Re: JnF's SWGCTool v2.0.2 - Official Thread (UPDATED)

Post by panino76 » Tue May 05, 2009 10:48 pm

Version 2.0.2 is out folks, enjoy it :)

Artax Wavingwalker

Valtier
Novice Crafter

Post by Valtier » Tue May 05, 2009 11:05 pm

Thank you for the work you do on this spreadsheet. Unfortunately, after downloading the file, I receive this message...

The file you are trying to open 'v2.0.2 JnF's SWGCTool.xls', is in a different format than specified by the file extension. Verify that the file is not corrupted and is from a trusted source before opening the file. Do you want to open the file now?

After agreeing to open the file, the content of the document is empty.

panino76
Intermediate Crafter

Post by panino76 » Tue May 05, 2009 11:23 pm

Valtier wrote:Thank you for the work you do on this spreadsheet. Unfortunately, after downloading the file, I receive this message...

The file you are trying to open 'v2.0.2 JnF's SWGCTool.xls', is in a different format than specified by the file extension. Verify that the file is not corrupted and is from a trusted source before opening the file. Do you want to open the file now?

After agreeing to open the file, the content of the document is empty.
edit: I uploaded it again....try now :)

Artax Wavingwalker

Valtier
Novice Crafter

Post by Valtier » Wed May 06, 2009 12:46 am

File download is working, but the download resources feature doesn't appear to be updating anything.

Onyx
Chef Forum Moderator

Post by Onyx » Wed May 06, 2009 3:57 am

panino76 wrote:Onyx, where you were when I needed you? :D

Interesting readings on those threads, I'll work hard in the next days to try to fix as much as I can. Thank you very much!
See, knew I should have worked on converting my resources to your new version earlier lol.

Going to mess with 2.02 a bit tomorrow though.

panino76
Intermediate Crafter

Post by panino76 » Wed May 06, 2009 9:04 am

Valtier wrote:File download is working, but the download resources feature doesn't appear to be updating anything.
Are you a new user of you were using version 2.x before this update? If so, have you imported all data from your old file?

Artax Wavingwalker

bigwacka
Novice Crafter

Post by bigwacka » Wed May 06, 2009 12:21 pm

I am getting an import failure currently with the new version 2.0.2 when trying to import from 2.0.1.

Error (11) - Division by zero

Module: DataImportFunctions.importExternalData()

Traceback:
DataImportFunctions.importExternalData()
CommandFunctions.startImport()

Not sure what is going on there.

panino76
Intermediate Crafter

Post by panino76 » Wed May 06, 2009 1:02 pm

bigwacka wrote:I am getting an import failure currently with the new version 2.0.2 when trying to import from 2.0.1.

Error (11) - Division by zero

Module: DataImportFunctions.importExternalData()

Traceback:
DataImportFunctions.importExternalData()
CommandFunctions.startImport()

Not sure what is going on there.
could you send me your source file via e-mail? I guess there's something wrong in your original data...

Artax Wavingwalker