JnF's SWGCTool v2.0.2 - Official Thread

Ideas and discussions on third party tools and utilities

Moderator: Forum Moderator

panino76
Intermediate Crafter

Re: *NEW* JnF's SWGCTool v2.0 - Official Thread

Post by panino76 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:30 pm

Sobuno wrote:
Siymon wrote:Here is a silly question but is there any "speedy" way to enter resources. Entering hundreds of resources and all their stats are a pain. Would actually be quicker to have a database with all resources from wanderhome and then delete the ones I don't have. Any ideas? Or am I stuck doing it the hard way.
It would be faster to have a list of at least 53000 resources and just delete the ones you don't have? Nice resource harvesting then :)

On a serious note, maybe it would be faster to enter the resources through SWGAide and export them to JnF's SWGCTool, could be worth a shot. I can't tell for sure though, as I don't use any of the utilities
First of all, I apologize for my absence during these days, but I'm in the middle of a moving, and it's not an easy thing so I basically had no time to devote to swg.

For what concerns the insert of the resources....well, I could easily implement an import function (maybe from a comma separated text file, something like the one used by SWGAide) but the source file should be generated on this site, maybe through a function where you have to enter a list of names (the resources you want to retrieve) and that returns a formatted text file, or even a formatted text that you could copy and paste on your local drive before uploading it inside the worksheet...

Artax Wavingwalker

alibegoa
Novice Crafter

Post by alibegoa » Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:47 pm

Any chance to bring this great tool to office 2007 format?

agida
Apprentice Crafter

Post by agida » Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:02 am

I'm actually using version 1.8 and had made some modifications and have it working in 2007 and Windows 7 Beta. Took a bit but got it working.
Agida - Rebel Ace - Master Shipwright - Flurry
Shop near Nashal /wp 4636 4459
http://www.swg-piloten.com/html/agida_s ... _shop.html

miller1003
I've been here for 30 days and all I get is this lousy rank?!?!

Strange occurence

Post by miller1003 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:39 pm

Hello again. I have a new problem I am hoping you can help me resolve. I am no Excel or VB expert, but I tried a few workarounds and am still having the same problem.

I had my tool set up for myself (architect), and everything was working great. I entered all my resources in, and was using the tool daily to see what fun new resource to go harvest, etc.

The problem seems to have begun when I added schematics and resources for a good friend (chef), to help him keep an eye on good resource spawns for his trade.

I don't remember specifically the first time I noticed this problem, but here is what is happening:

First, the color coding on the resources page has gone wacky. Blank cells are being colored, and cells with capped resources are being left uncolored, and everything in between.

Second, the What to harvest today page seems to be experiencing difficulties. It lists 'None Available' on all rows for resources in stock.

Any thoughts?
Last edited by miller1003 on Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

alibegoa
Novice Crafter

Post by alibegoa » Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:54 pm

Id also like to ask about some percentages in experimentation.
Eg, in game it states that for booster overdriver mk I speed it is required PE66% OQ33% to high grade polymetric radioactive.
However this tool shows PE89% OQ11% in what to harvest today sheet?

panino76
Intermediate Crafter

Post by panino76 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:29 pm

miller: click the "update resource" button inside the "resources" worksheet and see if it get fixed.

alibegoa: this is due to the fact that the final formula take into consideration the single units of each resource and if every resource has the stats used in experimentation or not. As a quick example if you have 2 resources used in your schem, resource A and resource B, and the experimentation is 33% OQ and 66% PE but only resource A has PE, then PE will have a "bigger weight", that will also depends on how many units of resource A are used in the schem you're goin to craft.

Artax Wavingwalker

miller1003

Post by miller1003 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:37 pm

panino76 wrote:miller: click the "update resource" button inside the "resources" worksheet and see if it get fixed
I should have included what I've already tried in my post:
- I copied the resources sheet (values only) to a new sheet
- I set all resource quantities to -1 and "update resource" to clear the page
- I added one resource from the WTHS page since resource page is now blank
- I pasted values only back onto resources page and "update resource"
- The end result of this process is what you see in my screenshots.

What I have not tried is getting a fresh copy of the spreadsheet and trying that. Maybe something got glitched. I'll let you know.

panino76
Intermediate Crafter

Post by panino76 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:45 pm

miller1003 wrote:
panino76 wrote:miller: click the "update resource" button inside the "resources" worksheet and see if it get fixed
I should have included what I've already tried in my post:
- I copied the resources sheet (values only) to a new sheet
- I set all resource quantities to -1 and "update resource" to clear the page
- I added one resource from the WTHS page since resource page is now blank
- I pasted values only back onto resources page and "update resource"
- The end result of this process is what you see in my screenshots.

What I have not tried is getting a fresh copy of the spreadsheet and trying that. Maybe something got glitched. I'll let you know.
don't use the copy/paste method, just make and export file and import it back once you've cleared your sheet (setting the quantity of each resource to -1)...the only thing I could think of is that you've left some blank rows while inserting new resources, or you didn't insert them after the last resource but (maybe) you tried to insert new rows in the middle of the sheet...

Artax Wavingwalker

miller1003

Post by miller1003 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:53 pm

panino76 wrote:
don't use the copy/paste method, just make and export file and import it back once you've cleared your sheet (setting the quantity of each resource to -1)...the only thing I could think of is that you've left some blank rows while inserting new resources, or you didn't insert them after the last resource but (maybe) you tried to insert new rows in the middle of the sheet...
I've got it working again. I think what might have happened is that when I pasted the list into the resource page, it had blank lines. I knew that those blanks would cause a problem so I selected all the blank rows and deleted them. This must have thrown off whatever it is that formats the cells or something. Anyway, problem solved, thanks for your quick responses!

panino76
Intermediate Crafter

Post by panino76 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:57 pm

miller1003 wrote:
panino76 wrote:
...Anyway, problem solved, thanks for your quick responses!
np, you're welcome :)

Artax Wavingwalker

Delmora2008
Novice Crafter

Post by Delmora2008 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:10 pm

One feature id like to recommend:

have a toggle to show mustafar/kashyyyk resources on the what to harvest screen. Or at least have another column for resources you can put a miner on.

thnx .. great work on this i appreciate it a lot.

panino76
Intermediate Crafter

Post by panino76 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:02 pm

Delmora2008 wrote:One feature id like to recommend:

have a toggle to show mustafar/kashyyyk resources on the what to harvest screen. Or at least have another column for resources you can put a miner on.

thnx .. great work on this i appreciate it a lot.
that's a nice idea, I'll see how to implement it in one of the next releases.

Artax Wavingwalker

madsch20
Novice Crafter

Post by madsch20 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:13 pm

Which Excel Version is needed for the Tool in Version 2.0.1 and is it possible use it with OpenOffice 3.0.1?

panino76
Intermediate Crafter

Post by panino76 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:42 pm

madsch20 wrote:Which Excel Version is needed for the Tool in Version 2.0.1 and is it possible use it with OpenOffice 3.0.1?
Excel 2003 or Excel 2007. Actually I think it's not compatible with Open Office, since it widely uses macros and I bet Open Office is not 100% compatible with excel's macros.

Artax Wavingwalker

oemoe
Novice Crafter

Post by oemoe » Sat May 02, 2009 4:29 pm

Hello

First of all thanks for keeping this thing up (including the whole site!). i used the old one 4 years ago and could never have done without it lol
just returned to SWGand crafting

anyways, i cant seem to get the new one to work for me, tho.

vitsa 32bit ult
excel 2007
turned macro security to low
turned of the vba thingy

i set it up (muntions, variuos schems for it, resours thr 7 days, stock min 1, expertise left blank) and downloaded the lastest updates for my server. they show up correctly on the what to harvest today tab.

now, i also updated the tool from the CP.

i type in one resource "duralloy steel"

well, updated res again, tool again, restarted excel - my duralloy steel does not show up in the wtht tab to see any difference.

what do miss?

thanks for any reply
-oemoe