No stats vs. with stats

Discussion and suggestions regarding the site and/or forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

No stats vs. with stats

Post by Zimoon » Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:50 pm

Please read this post before you start arguing "there are several resources that are reported but without stats".

There are two important reasons why to report a new resource as soon as possible, even if no stats are available at the time:
  1. The TIME of listing*. For many surveyors it is very much important to know when the resources was first seen. Valuable time may pass until the resource is reported if anyone hesitates submitting the fresh spawn without stats.
  2. The RESOURCE CLASS itself. Many crafters constantly survey for particular resources classes, especially the rare classes. For these persons any notice of a new spawn is essential, and these crafters are skilled enough to on their own find the stats and to quickly update the listing here at SWGCraft.
Whenever anyone decides not to report a spawned resource without the stats, that is an available resource which is invisible to this community. Anybody can update a resource at a later time.

Accusing anybody of laziness simply shows your ignorance and lack of gratitude. Personally I am very thankful to all those who spend their assets at several survey devices and survey droids a week (remember that the survey tools are disposed by the droid when it self-destruct).

Others, such as myself, accidentally discover a new spawn while surveying for some resource class. However, at the time we cannot sample that resource, perhaps the survey tool display the new spawn but the local concentration is very low or zero and impossible to sample without considerable effort.

Whatever the reason, why not take the time to obtain the missing stats and quickly report them yourself?

* I prefer to say "time of listing" since nobody knows the exact date for when a resource spawned. Picky? Yes!