Search Plugins

Discussion and suggestions regarding the site and/or forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Post Reply
User avatar
Sobuno
Developer
Posts: 2589
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2007 2:17 am
Contact:

Search Plugins

Post by Sobuno » Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:20 am

Just something I stumbled upon and thought "Why not?":

Search Plugins are the little search box in the right corner (in IE and FF) which you can usually use to search Google (Or Live Search). You can now use it to search our Schematics (Only by name though).

Steps to add our Search plugin:

IE:
1) Go to http://www.swgcraft.co.uk/dev/home.php
2) Press the arrow pointing downwards to the right of the search box
3) "Add Search Providers"
4) SWGCraft Schematics should be listed, click it and you are now able to search the schematics

FF:
1) Go to http://www.swgcraft.co.uk/dev/home.php
2) Press the icon to the left of the search box
3) An option for adding 'SWGCraft Schematics' should be available, click it and you are now able to search the schematics

-Sobuno

Jhaerel
Novice Crafter
Posts: 47
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:34 pm

Post by Jhaerel » Sun Oct 28, 2007 5:11 am

Ok, that's downright cool!

I'm using it in Firefox on Ubuntu, and it seems to work flawlessly.

With that in mind, where is the place to mention missing schematics? I just noticed that Battle Droid and Droideka are not in the list :P

Jh

User avatar
Zimoon
Forum Moderator
Posts: 4817
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 6:55 am
Location: Stockholm, SE
Contact:

Post by Zimoon » Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:48 am

How cool is that? :D

Works flawlessly, FF on Win XP.

/Z

User avatar
Sobuno
Developer
Posts: 2589
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2007 2:17 am
Contact:

Post by Sobuno » Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:51 am

Jhaerel wrote: With that in mind, where is the place to mention missing schematics? I just noticed that Battle Droid and Droideka are not in the list :P
http://www.swgcraft.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=229

User avatar
Sobuno
Developer
Posts: 2589
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2007 2:17 am
Contact:

Re: Search Plugins

Post by Sobuno » Wed May 07, 2008 5:20 pm

You should now be able to search the resources the same way with another search plugin.

Steps to add a Resource Search plugin for your server:

IE:
1) Go to http://www.swgcraft.co.uk/dev/find_resources.php
2) Select your server from the list and press "Find Resources"
3) Press the arrow pointing downwards to the right of the search box
4) "Add Search Providers"
5) SWGCraft Resources - server_name should be listed, click it and you are now able to search the resources for your server

FF:
1) Go to http://www.swgcraft.co.uk/dev/find_resources.php
2) Select your server from the list and press "Find Resources"
3) Press the icon to the left of the search box
3) An option for adding 'SWGCraft Resources - server_name ' should be available, click it and you are now able to search the resources for your server

-Sobuno

User avatar
Rommel
Intermediate Crafter
Posts: 177
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:14 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA, USA

Re: Search Plugins

Post by Rommel » Wed May 07, 2008 6:39 pm

I have a couple bookmarklets also...

For searching resources, change the server number to your server
javascript:q = %22%22 + (window.getSelection ? window.getSelection() : document.getSelection ? document.getSelection() : document.selection.createRange().text); if (!q) q = prompt(%22Search Term:%22, %22%22); if (q!=null)void(open(%22http://www.swgcraft.co.uk/dev/find_resources.php?class=&server=2&name=%22 + escape(q))); void 0
For searching Schematics
javascript:q = %22%22 + (window.getSelection ? window.getSelection() : document.getSelection ? document.getSelection() : document.selection.createRange().text); if (!q) q = prompt(%22Search Term:%22, %22%22); if (q!=null)void(open(%22http://www.swgcraft.co.uk/dev/schematics.php?c=%22 + escape(q))); void 0
To make these create a bookmark and put this code in for the address.
To use these press the bookmark and enter a term OR highlight a term and press the bookmark
Last edited by Rommel on Thu May 08, 2008 4:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Zimoon
Forum Moderator
Posts: 4817
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 6:55 am
Location: Stockholm, SE
Contact:

Re: Search Plugins

Post by Zimoon » Wed May 07, 2008 8:20 pm

WOW, these are really cool, the bookmarklets are super cool.

I have one question though, but that is for the old schematics search:

I now used the word 'battery' and nothing showed up. Droid batteries are indeed named A Droid Battery and the camp batteries something else. Is it possible to use the search as *theword*, or the regular expression would be .*theword.*, you think?

/Zimoon

User avatar
Sobuno
Developer
Posts: 2589
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2007 2:17 am
Contact:

Re: Search Plugins

Post by Sobuno » Wed May 07, 2008 8:32 pm

Zimoon wrote:WOW, these are really cool, the bookmarklets are super cool.

I have one question though, but that is for the old schematics search:

I now used the word 'battery' and nothing showed up. Droid batteries are indeed named A Droid Battery and the camp batteries something else. Is it possible to use the search as *theword*, or the regular expression would be .*theword.*, you think?

/Zimoon
I think you should try it out :P

*Deed*House* :D

User avatar
Zimoon
Forum Moderator
Posts: 4817
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 6:55 am
Location: Stockholm, SE
Contact:

Re: Search Plugins

Post by Zimoon » Wed May 07, 2008 8:44 pm

Sobuno wrote:
Zimoon wrote:WOW, these are really cool, the bookmarklets are super cool.

I have one question though, but that is for the old schematics search:

I now used the word 'battery' and nothing showed up. Droid batteries are indeed named A Droid Battery and the camp batteries something else. Is it possible to use the search as *theword*, or the regular expression would be .*theword.*, you think?

/Zimoon
I think you should try it out :P

*Deed*House* :D
Aha, I had to add the ** myself, I see, cool.

Typing 'bat' in the resource search rendered 13 hits though (Gorath) ;)

/Z

User avatar
Sobuno
Developer
Posts: 2589
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2007 2:17 am
Contact:

Re: Search Plugins

Post by Sobuno » Wed May 07, 2008 9:02 pm

Zimoon wrote: Typing 'bat' in the resource search rendered 13 hits though (Gorath) ;)

/Z
Yeah, it searches like the normal Find Resources (<input>*). In fact, this is what it does:

Code: Select all

http://www.swgcraft.co.uk/dev/find_resources.php?name={searchTerms}&server=x

dharh
Novice Crafter
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:57 pm

Re: Search Plugins

Post by dharh » Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:27 pm

Please add it so Class in find_resources.php excepts name when doing a search such that:

http://www.swgcraft.org/dev/find_resour ... 1&planet=0

will find all aluminum type of resources. Otherwise trying to search for aluminum via name nets 0 results.

User avatar
Zimoon
Forum Moderator
Posts: 4817
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 6:55 am
Location: Stockholm, SE
Contact:

Re: Search Plugins

Post by Zimoon » Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:17 am

dharh wrote:Please add it so Class in find_resources.php excepts name when doing a search such that:

http://www.swgcraft.org/dev/find_resour ... 1&planet=0

will find all aluminum type of resources. Otherwise trying to search for aluminum via name nets 0 results.
I am not a developer here but please elaborate on what the problem is. What do you want to achieve? What is not working?

The link you provided gives long lists of aluminum at Ahazi so I assume you mean something else.

Cheers
/Zimoon

dharh
Novice Crafter
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:57 pm

Re: Search Plugins

Post by dharh » Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:55 pm

The link I provided does not give Aluminum. Its actually the full list of every resource ever.

I basically want to be able to type in class of what im looking for (mineral, low-grade ore, aluminum, carbonate) instead of the random name given to the resource for that particular shift.

User avatar
Zimoon
Forum Moderator
Posts: 4817
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 6:55 am
Location: Stockholm, SE
Contact:

Re: Search Plugins

Post by Zimoon » Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:46 pm

/slap self

Of course, I see that now. And I also noticed that this thread is about Search Plugins. A necroed thread but nevertheless.

Sorry for my noise 8)

/Zimoon

er3njcv9b
Novice Crafter
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:19 am

Re: Search Plugins

Post by er3njcv9b » Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:31 am

I like to say ty to Sobuno anyone that keeping SWGCraft.co.uk/forums going



--------------------------

Sac Longchamp Pas Cher

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests