Interplanetary Survey Droids

Discussion and suggestions regarding the site and/or forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Heris
Novice Crafter

Interplanetary Survey Droids

Post by Heris » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:58 pm

Hello, For last few days I've been importing this data.. How long does it take for my upload to be processed? I check for what I've imported to show up and its not, for last 2 days, I've uploaded chemical data and its not adding those chemicals to the listing.

xorbok
Forum Moderator

Post by xorbok » Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:29 am

If i remember correctly, the droids you are using dont actually sample the resources, they dont give you the stats of the resources, only the names. To get the information on the resources, you have to go to the planet(s) and sample each resource.
ImageImage

Sobuno
Developer

Re: Interplanetary Survey Droids

Post by Sobuno » Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:09 am

Heris wrote:Hello, For last few days I've been importing this data.. How long does it take for my upload to be processed? I check for what I've imported to show up and its not, for last 2 days, I've uploaded chemical data and its not adding those chemicals to the listing.
Can you mention a specific time at which you uploaded, or perhaps even the name of one of the files you uploaded?

Ryokincaid
Novice Crafter

Post by Ryokincaid » Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:47 pm

xorbok wrote:If i remember correctly, the droids you are using dont actually sample the resources, they dont give you the stats of the resources, only the names. To get the information on the resources, you have to go to the planet(s) and sample each resource.
Or if you have a vet reward of 30K crate of free resources, you can sit in your house and update things.
Unity Hold Engineering
City of Unity's Hold
Naboo
Wanderhome

Heris
Novice Crafter

Post by Heris » Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:40 am

Well, it updates mineral names apparently every single time, and even flags that it doesnt know their stats.. and I have went and sampled to fill those in.. but I am noticing that the chemical and gas surveys that I submit never update the database.. For example, here is the file I uploaded today at roughly 6:15PM EST

Filename: 800627272.mail

Code: Select all

SWG.Gorath.interplanetary survey droid
Interplanetary Survey: Corellia - Chemical
TIMESTAMP: 1190758135
Incoming planetary survey report...

\#pcontrast3 Planet: \#pcontrast1 Corellia
\#pcontrast3 Resource Class: \#pcontrast1 Chemical

\#pcontrast3 Resources located...\#.

Liquid Petrochem Fuel
  Unknown Liquid Petrochem Fuel
   \#pcontrast1 Carboukavoide\#.
 Inert Petrochemical
  Lubricating Oil
   \#pcontrast1 Durivupteate\#.
  Polymer
   \#pcontrast1 Epovescism\#.
   \#pcontrast1 Carbtetrakroblohaegiian\#.
   \#pcontrast1 Dureko\#.
   \#pcontrast1 Imippohiris\#.
 Fiberplast
  Corellia Fiberplast
   \#pcontrast1 Asillao\#.

That is what is in the file.

But if you go right now and check Gorath, Corellia, none of that data except Dureko shows as being on the planet, can you please check the import routes for chemical database updating.

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:00 am

Heris wrote:Well, it updates mineral names apparently every single time, and even flags that it doesnt know their stats.. and I have went and sampled to fill those in.. but I am noticing that the chemical and gas surveys that I submit never update the database.. For example, here is the file I uploaded today at roughly 6:15PM EST

Filename: 800627272.mail

Code: Select all

SWG.Gorath.interplanetary survey droid
Interplanetary Survey: Corellia - Chemical
TIMESTAMP: 1190758135
Incoming planetary survey report...

\#pcontrast3 Planet: \#pcontrast1 Corellia
\#pcontrast3 Resource Class: \#pcontrast1 Chemical

\#pcontrast3 Resources located...\#.

Liquid Petrochem Fuel
  Unknown Liquid Petrochem Fuel
   \#pcontrast1 Carboukavoide\#.
 Inert Petrochemical
  Lubricating Oil
   \#pcontrast1 Durivupteate\#.
  Polymer
   \#pcontrast1 Epovescism\#.
   \#pcontrast1 Carbtetrakroblohaegiian\#.
   \#pcontrast1 Dureko\#.
   \#pcontrast1 Imippohiris\#.
 Fiberplast
  Corellia Fiberplast
   \#pcontrast1 Asillao\#.

That is what is in the file.

But if you go right now and check Gorath, Corellia, none of that data except Dureko shows as being on the planet, can you please check the import routes for chemical database updating.
I'll take a look at it in the afternoon

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:52 pm

Issue should be fixed now, the mentioned resources were already in the database, but the code for remarking them as available was missing a bit (Namely, the comparison of time always failed)

Heris
Novice Crafter

Post by Heris » Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:02 pm

Awesome, thanks very much for the prompt update, and AWESOME site by the way if I hadnt said so already!

Omirk
Novice Crafter

Edit ISD mail for update to site?

Post by Omirk » Sat Nov 03, 2007 6:56 pm

Hello folks!

Well I am finally trying to learn how to interface with this site. I must say it is a breeze even with my limited understanding :oops:

So here I go, and please forgive me if this question has been posted and answered already. I am thinking it has, somewhere, but I can not find it. Question: Can one edit the ISD mail to add stats for listed resources for directly updating the site? If so what would be the correct format to do so?

Thanks for your time, and for today I will just edit stats on the current resource page.

Thanks Again...Omirk

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:13 pm

No, either you post the ISD data as is, or
you parse the resource names, classes, sample the stats, and post a chunk of formatted text at the text field at the bottom of each Current Resources page.

However, in a not so distant future there will surface an even easier interface built in the utility I am pottering with. Stay tuned. You may start out already if you want to, link in my signature.

/Z

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:17 pm

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Sat Nov 03, 2007 10:46 pm

Link-fix: http://www.swgcraft.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=423

(We dropped support for the forums.swgcraft.co.uk version a long time ago, dunno why it still works for you)

Omirk
Novice Crafter

Thank you

Post by Omirk » Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:50 am

I knew I had seen that before...sorry for the repeat question.

Zimoon I pulled down SWGAide and loaded it a few days ago. The installation was trouble free. You have invested a lot of effort into SWGAide...thank you /bow

One thing I have ran into, and it is not a big problem at all, but just for feedback. After "Mails and screen shots are moved from their original location on the harddisk to the SWGAide folders" I was not able to use the ISD emails to update the resources. I had not deleted my emails in game yet so I did another /savemail and used the newly saved emails to update the site. Not sure why the moved files would not work with the "Interplanetary Survey Droid" input box on the "Add Resources" page, but I would get an error everytime. Would be nice if the site would recognize the files after being moved to the SWGAide folders.

Very nice program Zimoon. I am excited to see the updates. Thank you once again for taking the time to create such a top notch tool. Also thanks needs to go out again to everyone who has invested so much time into the creation of this site. I am sure there is a large section of the SWG player base that appreciates your efforts. I am hoping support and participation will grow as ppl become aware of your efforts.

Omirk :D

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: Thank you

Post by Zimoon » Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:40 am

Omirk wrote:One thing I have ran into, and it is not a big problem at all, but just for feedback. After "Mails and screen shots are moved from their original location on the harddisk to the SWGAide folders" I was not able to use the ISD emails to update the resources. I had not deleted my emails in game yet so I did another /savemail and used the newly saved emails to update the site. Not sure why the moved files would not work with the "Interplanetary Survey Droid" input box on the "Add Resources" page, but I would get an error everytime. Would be nice if the site would recognize the files after being moved to the SWGAide folders.
This puzzles me as SWGAide does only two things:
1) Moves the mails to a new location
2) Renames them to file ending .ISDR (to distinguish them)

There is no copy or file writing involved, just plain file move done by the operating system. Is there any error reports from the upload or anything that may hint me in the right direction.

I must admit I have not tested what you just reported :oops:

I will look into this when I get some spare time and meanwhile
a) thanks for the report
b) do not launch SWGAide before you have uploaded the mails (to save you the trouble of two /mailsave)

/Z

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:42 am

Sobuno wrote:
Link-fix: http://www.swgcraft.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=423

(We dropped support for the forums.swgcraft.co.uk version a long time ago, dunno why it still works for you)
Well, I don't know why but it does :)
I have changed my shortcuts now.

Please, regarding the previous post, must the file ending for uploaded ISDroid reports end in .mail to be recognized by the import script? That could possibly explain why upload does not work for mails moved to SWGAide?

/Z