SWG Supporter of the Month --- March

Discussion and suggestions regarding the site and/or forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:53 am

------> DeathTrooper <------

During the month we have noticed a true and genuine researcher in DeathTrooper. Starting with a few questions on traders and their role in GCW he continued and completed a great guide that wets our appetite to actually leave our peaceful workshops and head out for dangerous action in the 3 violent cities Bestine, Dearic, and Keren.

Meanwhile, as a schematics maintainer DeathTrooper has complemented and updated numerous schematics, which improves the value of SWGCraft.org for all of us.

I am happy to ask you to applaud DeathTrooper, the player of the month !!!

Cheers
Zimoon

AtiInc
Apprentice Crafter

Re: SWG Supporter of the Month --- March

Post by AtiInc » Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:22 pm

Congrats!

DeathTrooper
Novice Crafter

Post by DeathTrooper » Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:49 pm

/bump oops... hehe

Thank you, I did want to give something back to SWGC, and this certainly makes me feel like I did so. I don't think I've done any mining in weeks, but I did a lifetime's worth over the past year. Without the efforts of the resource contributors I'd never have found the resources needed for a weaponsmith, much less the ones to make quality weapons. I do recall trying to add ONE resource on Bloodfin a while back, but I made a tiny misspelling in the long alien name of the resource, noticed as soon as it went up (was next to BadgerSmakers more accurate entry, I elieve) and I quickly set my error to "unavailable" and thought "Wow, I'd really hate to mess up the work people put into this."

Schematics I can face without fear, GCW has been a pleasure and not a chore, but if I'm going to add resources then somebody will have to crack the whip a little. I've also learned that I have more to learn, I may have an idea what "guards" are but I have not studied or used them or any of the 3rd party utilities. I compiled a "shopping list" for WS resources/stats I was going to contribute here, until I saw enough to realize my list would be like a caveman pounding 2 rocks together next to Michelangelo chiseling the statue David. Thank you for the support Zimoon, thanks to the crafters who helped research the GCW info, and thanks to George Lucas for bringing all us fine nerds... I mean FANS... together. :lol:

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:35 pm

DeathTrooper wrote:/bump oops... hehe

Thank you, I did want to give something back to SWGC, and this certainly makes me feel like I did so. I don't think I've done any mining in weeks, but I did a lifetime's worth over the past year. Without the efforts of the resource contributors I'd never have found the resources needed for a weaponsmith, much less the ones to make quality weapons. I do recall trying to add ONE resource on Bloodfin a while back, but I made a tiny misspelling in the long alien name of the resource, noticed as soon as it went up (was next to BadgerSmakers more accurate entry, I elieve) and I quickly set my error to "unavailable" and thought "Wow, I'd really hate to mess up the work people put into this."

Schematics I can face without fear, GCW has been a pleasure and not a chore, but if I'm going to add resources then somebody will have to crack the whip a little. I've also learned that I have more to learn, I may have an idea what "guards" are but I have not studied or used them or any of the 3rd party utilities. I compiled a "shopping list" for WS resources/stats I was going to contribute here, until I saw enough to realize my list would be like a caveman pounding 2 rocks together next to Michelangelo chiseling the statue David. Thank you for the support Zimoon, thanks to the crafters who helped research the GCW info, and thanks to George Lucas for bringing all us fine nerds... I mean FANS... together. :lol:
You are more than welcome :)

If you happen to remember what the resource was or if you can dig up the wrong one it would be fine.
Marking an erratic resource as unavailable also makes that name-slot unavailable if and when a resource with the wrong name indeed spawns. The contributor at that time will face an error, "resource exists" 8)

Cheers

/Zimoon

Slyvampy
Lead Developer

Post by Slyvampy » Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:31 pm

Congrats m8

-- Side note, would be nice to get a graphic designer to make some "SWGC" avatars or icons that we could display above or below with this achievement =]

ie a small banner thats say 20x high and about 80px wide with the month and year on, something like SWGC Supporter of the Month: March 2010 with a nice ribbon or something =]
Slyvampy
Founder, SWGCraft.org
http://www.swgcraft.org

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:59 pm

Slyvampy wrote:Congrats m8

-- Side note, would be nice to get a graphic designer to make some "SWGC" avatars or icons that we could display above or below with this achievement =]

ie a small banner thats say 20x high and about 80px wide with the month and year on, something like SWGC Supporter of the Month: March 2010 with a nice ribbon or something =]
Slyvampy, your guild happens to have some great PhotoShoppers, ask in the guild forum too :P