PSD mail multi add

Discussion and suggestions regarding the site and/or forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Evanion
Novice Crafter

PSD mail multi add

Post by Evanion » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:17 pm

I would like to have the ability to add more then 1 resource mail at a time. I keep losing track on what mails i have already added.

oh and today i got this:

If you are seeing this, please contact Sobuno: 7.
EXISTS: Ditanium Steel [281]
Pilygeide

EXISTS: Crystallized Bicorbantium Steel [279]
Aneum

EXISTS: Colat Iron [271]
Aufeweda

contact who?

Sobuno
Developer

Re: PSD mail multi add

Post by Sobuno » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:53 pm

Hello

I am Sobuno, the guy you're supposed to contact. The reason you are seeing this error is because multiple resources in your ISD mail have invalid characters. This is most likely caused by you having the profanity filter on; you can disable it by typing /filter.

As for multiple mails, I'll add it to our wish-list. You could try out a third-party utility that allows you to do multiple files at a time, I think SWGAide can do this.

Also, I moved your topic to a more correct forum; Third Party Utilities is for utilities that communicate in some way with SWGCraft, not for parts of SWGCraft it self.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:00 pm

Two things,
It was not long ago that I was contacted by an SWGAide user who also happened to have the profanity filter on. Maybe the correctness check at the site could suggest that as a possible error cause? Then the user can fix it the quicker. I will surely add it to SWGAide as soon as possible.

Yes, SWGAide is most useful for multiple mails, no need to browse or find the mails whatsoever. Plus it is so much easier to add stats to an in-game notes file then anything else :)

/Zimoon

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:17 pm

Multiple reports can now be imported at SWGCraft. You can not select multiple files at a time though (By CTRL + clicking files), this is a limitation in the way browsers are designed and we would need to use Flash (Like GMail does) or similar to circumvent this

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:03 pm

Hi Evanion, eller ska jag säga hej :)

Looks like you have picked up speed with either this site or SWGAide, I don't know which.
Either way, have a look at this thread http://www.swgcraft.org/forums/viewtopi ... =30&t=2062
If you feel like it, feel free to send out an in-game mail when you are about to send the droids, then we don't needa do it in vain. At this moment this is the short mailing list we have:
Zimoon; So'ma; Nelon; Vanoun

Semi-colon separated name works fine in game.

Keep up the great work :D

Sköt om dig

/Zimoon

AtiInc
Apprentice Crafter

Post by AtiInc » Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:10 am

Zimoon wrote: It was not long ago that I was contacted by an SWGAide user who also happened to have the profanity filter on.
/Zimoon
That was me :) I had to rename profiles to get rid of a login bug and it reset my settings :P

And seing as theres really no set way that SWG Replace the characters (i.e. the same swear word can be $%^$ and $$$$) theres really no way around it but turing the profanity filter off as has been suggested.

If SOE did have a set way of changing the characters (taking each char and doing this perhaps - Chr(255 - Asc(x)) where X is a character within the word) I know you could decode it if it was Visual Basic by adding a few lines of simple code, but I have no idea about Java so correct me if im wrong Zimoon :)

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:44 pm

Right, and yesterday I added so SWGAide alerts and bails out as soon as possible, already when it parses the reports the first time. I think I never thought of the profanity filter when I coded that part.

Zimoon